Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Windchime and thanks Cali for the links.

I would like to start this thread with a prayer for Madeleine. Wherever she is I hope she is in the arms of an angel.

145.gif

We love you Maddy!

Madeleine, I hope you are still walking on this earth, being well taken care of and feel loved and treasured. Despite our differences with your parents, we care about you and want you quickly and safely found. God grant you a speedy recovery home.

Windchime, do you think we could change the title to "4 year old" since Madeleine turned 4 the middle of May?

Thanks again MrsMouseMat...very insightful information.

Those Yanks among us really need to know these things, it expands our point of view.

So, thanks for your contributions. What did you think about our responses to your last post? Please help us understand, I am desperate for understanding.

What I think of the responses? Mixed.

I’m not going to agree with everything that has been written. But I support free speech, as long as it's not libellous, which I think is the case on other websites, and I believe that readers of this site can sort out a sensible argument from conjecture.

.....This case is so scary that it’s natural that everyone wants a quick result. So there is a tendency to want to find someone responsible as well as find Madelaine.In the absence of finding the culprit, then many correspondents are turning on the parents.

But we don’t know all the facts of the case… you have to remember this is a small police station that investigated the case initially and the Portuguese would not want their reputation of a safe holiday country for children challenged. It would be a satisfactory outcome for the local population if the 'culprits' were all British - if there is no evidence against the British suspect maybe the parents are to blame....

And do we know whether all the local paedophiles have been interviewed for instance - or is it just Robert Murat that is in the news?

If you imagine that a group of Japanese – for instance – holidayed in Florida and one of their children went missing how do you suppose that the local papers would handle the information about the case? That the Japanese were responsible, particularly if there is a Japanese suspect at hand, or that the American police were slow to move and Florida was a dangerous place to be?

Portugal is a country that is quite dependent on tourism for its income. So it is likely that local pride would not want Portugal to be found to be negligent. (See the film Jaws 1– not an exact parallel but you get the picture of vested interests.)

I am not saying that the Portuguese have fitted up Robert Murat as a suspect - but that we don't hear of wider investigations in the absence of any clear evidence against him.

I holidayed in Portugal last year with my family, and was surprised to learn this year that it was something of a paedophile hot-spot. So I won’t be going back in a hurry. Neither, would I imagine, would many British people with young families.

As to the McCann group ‘clamming up’ - If you imagine that you are being questioned in a foreign police station under these circumstances, then maybe you would be circumspect. And how is it known that the group ‘clammed up’? Even if the group were very helpful – do you really think it would be reported?

As to the behaviour of Mrs Mcann – I believe there is a tendency to want see a display of grief of some sort in the USA but that is another cultural difference as the British like to keep their feelings more to themselves (and after seeing Tom Cruise on Oprah Winfrey expressing his emotions, maybe the tide is turning a bit in the USA?)….

So if Mrs Mc Cann was carried off on a stretcher wailing miserably – would this be OK? Or would she be accused of giving in to her emotions, rather than putting her children first?

The reports that she couldn’t ‘handle her children’. Own up anyone who has handled three children at this age supremely well all day. And where are these reports from – the Portuguese or the British?

She is clearly trying to keep the children in their routine. After all their sister has just disappeared. So if they went to daycare before, it would be natural for her to take them there again. She is in their own home - so would be difficult to keep them amused.

And she goes jogging? Tut– yes, doctors do have to have an inordinate belief in tedious exercise. Perhaps it helps her from going under.

As to a private eye? From my limited knowledge, I think they usually work under cover, so it is likely the employment of one may not be announced to the press, who would follow any investigation.It may be a tad difficult to do much detecting with 40 photographers following you.

The McCanns, who must feel a tremendous weight of guilt – as even the most eagle-eyed parent would do – and are trying hard to find any way possible to find Madelaine. This means travelling to speak to anyone who might help and not letting people forget that she is still missing.

I gather that you have Megan’s law in the USA because of the loss of a child and parental campaigning.

Maybe improved co-operation between international police to detecting lost children – and the finance to support this - will come in the wake of the publicity of this case. Because if the McCanns can’t find their own child, maybe they just want to help to find others that have gone missing, as a small consolation.

Hi mrsmousemat, you have posted great information and your insight into this case is appreciated. All the points you have listed have made me rethink, but for the life of me I still stand with the negligence of the McCanns, gut feeling, intuition, call it what you like. But from the information that has been published and of what we know via interviews, media, the words from their own mouths,internet etc, I still cannot bring myself to think nice thoughts for the parents of Madelaine. There is something terribly wrong going on, and I really feel the parents are the key to solving this horrific case.

Hiya mrsmousemat,Thank you for posting your thoughts here.Just wanted to make a comment about the Tom Cruise stunt on Oprah that you posted and about british keeping emotions bundled up.

Tom Cruise is a strange fellow.IMO.Most hollywood types are.Perfectly normal people for awhile when they are starting out and then they start getting strange.Examples is Tom Cruise and Roseanne Barr just to name a couple.Me and my husband call it "The Hollywood Syndrome"

I don't know if its that we want to see a display of grief of some sort,its more of how can we not see the grief?When it comes to a child ,your child,who is just gone missing how could you keep the grief and pain hidden?A father who comes to my mind is Mark Lunsford.Ever time he was being interviewed you could see and hear his pain.I would just cry everytime I saw and heard him.He is a southern man,blue collar kinda a guy and as most of those kinda guys wouldn't be the type to show public display of emotion.Then the tradgedy of his daughter being kidnapped was to much to bundle up.

Hope this doesn't sound as me being mean or hateful.I just wanted to give you my thoughts.I enjoyed reading yours mrsmousemat.So wanted to give my opinion on a couple of points you brought up :) I haven't finished my first cup of coffee yet so I hope I made sense :D

mrsmousemat, thank you for posting because it definitely gives us a cultural reference point. Your point on the parents' reserve is well understood, but I still think the McCanns seem cold and unfeeling. It's almost as if they were following a posted grief schedule.

Day 1 thru 4: minimal make-up, hair a mess, wear same clothes as yesterday, blotchy face and red eyes from crying, clutch CuddleCat, hang on Gerry to keep from falling down, voice whispery and almost inaudible ...
Day 20: normal make-up, hair clean and in place, clothes green/yellow and well maintained, look composed, leave CuddleCat in apartment, etc.

I wish I didn't feel as if the McCanns were putting up a big front about Madeleine, but I can't help it. There is simply something about them that doesn't feel genuine.

The reports that she couldn’t ‘handle her children’. Own up anyone who has handled three children at this age supremely well all day. And where are these reports from – the Portuguese or the British?

The reports came from Kate McCann's mother, I think. She said her daughter worked part-time as a doctor, and when she was home with the children she needed help on a regular basis because they (Madeleine and the twins) were too much for her alone.

I know many parents in the same situation who did it all by themselves. Once upon a time my best friend's oldest three children were 4 (barely), 2 and 1, and the only time she needed help was when she wanted to go shopping. Since several of my kids were the same age, I was only too happy to accompany her and we'd help each other keep an eye on the hatchlings.

I was a foster parent for many years and remember caring for 2-3 foster children at a time plus my own. My youngest two were 14 months apart, and often I'd have a smaller one in tow. Did it supremely well? Maybe not. But I did it on my own.

http://ionglobaltrends.blogspot.com/2007/07/mccanns-useful-links.html

There's a lot of comments that go with Aussie Mike's but if you go to the middle of them, an anonymous poster (Can I go back to Labrador's post involving Francis Wicks on the Leicester Mercury comments?) claims that some of the pro-McCann posters have been PAID to leave comments. So who is paying them? Is the money coming from the Madeleine fund? Lots of interesting questions.

http://ionglobaltrends.blogspot.com/2007/07/mccanns-useful-links.html

There's a lot of comments that go with Aussie Mike's but if you go to the middle of them, an anonymous poster (Can I go back to Labrador's post involving Francis Wicks on the Leicester Mercury comments?) claims that some of the pro-McCann posters have been PAID to leave comments. So who is paying them? Is the money coming from the Madeleine fund? Lots of interesting questions.

The campaign manager sure is crafty, huh.

I think Team McCann turned Mrs. McCann into a Barbie.

mrsmousemat, thank you for posting because it definitely gives us a cultural reference point. Your point on the parents' reserve is well understood, but I still think the McCanns seem cold and unfeeling. It's almost as if they were following a posted grief schedule.

Day 1 thru 4: minimal make-up, hair a mess, wear same clothes as yesterday, blotchy face and red eyes from crying, clutch CuddleCat, hang on Gerry to keep from falling down, voice whispery and almost inaudible ...
Day 20: normal make-up, hair clean and in place, clothes green/yellow and well maintained, look composed, leave CuddleCat in apartment, etc.

I wish I didn't feel as if the McCanns were putting up a big front about Madeleine, but I can't help it. There is simply something about them that doesn't feel genuine.

The reports came from Kate McCann's mother, I think. She said her daughter worked part-time as a doctor, and when she was home with the children she needed help on a regular basis because they (Madeleine and the twins) were too much for her alone.
I know many parents in the same situation who did it all by themselves. Once upon a time my best friend's oldest three children were 4 (barely), 2 and 1, and the only time she needed help was when she wanted to go shopping. Since several of my kids were the same age, I was only too happy to accompany her and we'd help each other keep an eye on the hatchlings.

I was a foster parent for many years and remember caring for 2-3 foster children at a time plus my own. My youngest two were 14 months apart, and often I'd have a smaller one in tow. Did it supremely well? Maybe not. But I did it on my own.

What you see isn't always what you get it to be....

If your uncle dies - you may be sad for days, crying etc.

But, at the funeral - you briefly smile at your aged aunt, to comfort her ... the press take that picture , crop you aunt out of it - and you will have been smiling away at your own uncle's funeral for all the world to see.

Happy as a lark as your loved uncle is lowered below.

It's easy to fake a picture - anyone who displeased one newspaper that I knew of was put on the end of the line which was being pictured and cropped off later. Thus - they were not even at the event.

A photograph doesn't give the the whole picture. Neither does a film. In the USA you may not have seen the story about the Queen apparently storming out ofa photo session with an American photographer - Annie Liebowitz(??). Untrue - as the chronological order of the film was reversed and the pictures shown showed her entering the room, rather than leaving it. Apologies all round.

So if newspaper articles are sometimes hype, photographs can be cropped and films reversed - it's wise to be cautious, when thinking you know all about personalities that you see in the media. In fact, some are exactly like they are portrayed on screen, others are quite unlike their media selves. Your gut reaction can be manipulated.

Even if you - Calikid - were almost exemplary with your young children, I bet a good photographer could come up with a shot that would show you distracted or cross by being pictured at the wrong moment from the wrong angle. You know that the paparrazzi will shout abuse at personalities just to get that sellable reaction on film.

Personally, I really don't know what to think about the McCann's leaving their children. I've never left mine. But I'm not willing to make the parents into the people I hate simply because I know that I don't know all the facts.

If there was an employed nanny, I find it hard to belive that the press haven't yet tracked her down, as, if she exists, her story would be worth reading.

As for those fun-loving globe-trotting parents, what's the alternative for the couple? Pack up, go home and forget all about their daughter?

I can write the story for you now.....

The McCanns, parents of the lost Madelaine, today refused to meet Mr Important saying it was more necessary for them to return from Portugal to their luxury *£450,000 home in Leicester.

Despite the fact that their four-year-old daughter has been missing since May 3, the pair have turned their backs on the investigation, dismissing the idea that their daughter could be alive, in their eagerness to get on with their lives. etc etc

(* No I don't know how much their home is worth but you get the picture).

Just refuse to be manipulated by what you read and think you see and keep an open mind.

Oh thank goodness. I hope that can easily be found and read.

The tides are turning.. I predict before long we will be seeing a lot more articles like that. I think in part it is BECAUSE of Gerry's recent visit to the USA. They have come under scrutiny now by the US press which frowns on parents who neglect their children and does not brush it under the rug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth