Deceased/Not Found MI - Jozlynn Martinez, 2, Grand Rapids, 24 Feb 2010

darlin gal

Reaction score
Police issue Amber Alert for missing 2-year-old Grand Rapids girl

February 24, 2010, 3:42PM

GRAND RAPIDS -- Police today issued an Amber Alert for Jozlynn Martinez, a 2-year-old girl who was taken by her mother's boyfriend from the West Side home they share together sometime Monday night or early Tuesday.
Authorities say Jeffrey Malmberg, 40, abducted Jozlynn and took $2,800 from a purse belonging to the girl's mother.
Malmberg, described by police as a former crack addict, did not take appropriate supplies, such as shoes or a coat, to take care of the 2-year-old girl, authorities said.
Police say the suspect and the girl's mother have lived together for 1 1/2 years and have a 7-month-old child together. Malmberg is not Jozlynn's father and has no custodial rights. He has never taken the girl before and did not have permission to take her, authorities said.
Malmberg has a tattoo of a red rose on the top of his left forearm and a tattoo on his right forearm. He is 5-feet-11 inches tall and 170 pounds. Police said he has brown eyes and black hair.
Jozlynn is 2-feet-9-inches tall and weighs about 22 pounds. She is 2'9" tall and weighs 22 pounds. She has brown eyes and brown hair, with a bald patch on her right side. Jozlynn has a scab on her chin and walks with her feet turned inward.
Jozlynn's mother told police that she last saw the girl in bed about 11 p.m. on Monday and that she was gone at 9 a.m. Tuesday.
Malmberg was last seen in the Heartside District around 2 p.m. Tuesday without the girl, police said. The suspect likes to hang out in downtown Grand Rapids, authorities said.
Police ask anyone with information to immediately call 911 or 616-456-3604.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2010/02/police_issue_amber_alert_for_m.html

wmlen7.jpg

Correct me if I am reading this wrong, but a 2-year-old is missing while the 7-month-old is not?

Correct.

The 2 yr. old isn't his. The 7 month old is.

Want to bet he traded her for drugs?

Amber Alert issued for GR girl

An Amber Alert has been issued for a 2-year-old girl from Grand Rapids. Jozlynn Mari Martinez was last seen in her bed at 11 p.m. on Monday. Her mom, Consuela Martinez, woke up at 9 a.m. on Tuesday and noticed the girl and the suspect, Jeffrey Lynn Malmberg, were gone from the home they shared in the 900 block of Nagold.

Police say Malmberg took the child and $2,800 in cash from the child's mother's purse.

The mother believed Malmberg had taken Jozlynn on errands and would be returning. Though she checked with family and friends throughout the day, Martinez was not able to locate her daughter or her boyfriend.

More: http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/grand_rapids/Amber-Alert-issued-for-Grand-Rapids-girl

Wonder when mom finally called to report them missing.

The Amber Alert didn't go out till this afternoon.

On one of the articles, a commenter said that they heard it on the scanner yesterday. So it looks like she did report it. The Alert just wasn't issued until today.

In the article I just posted, it said "The mother believed Malmberg had taken Jozlynn on errands and would be returning. Though she checked with family and friends throughout the day, Martinez was not able to locate her daughter or her boyfriend." So my guess is she reported it sometime yesterday afternoon / evening.

Then shame on police for not putting out the Alert earlier. jmo

He stole money and a child that wasn't his. Clearly his intentions are not good.

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/most_popular_story.aspx?storyid=118866&provider=top

AMBER ALERT: Grand Rapids child missing
Bob Brenzing
Updated:2/24/2010 4:11:32 PM - Posted: 2/24/2010 2:56:29 PM

GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) - The Grand Rapids Police have issued an Amber Alert for a missing child.

Jozlynn Mari Martinez was last seen in bed on Monday, February 22nd at 11:00pm. When the child's mother awoke at 9:00am on Tuesday, February 23rd, the child was gone.

The suspect, Jeffrey Lynn Malmberg, was seen in Grand Rapids on February 22nd.

Jozlynn Martinez is a two-year-old hispanic girl, 2' 9" tall, 22 pounds, brown eyes, brown hair, a scab on her chin, a spot on the right side of her head that doesn't grow hair, and walks with her feet turned inward.

Malmberg is a 40-year-old, white male, 5' 11" 170 pounds, brown eyes, black hair, and a tattoo of a red rose on his left forearm. He has another tattoo on his right forearm and was last seen wearing a blue Grand Valley State University hooded sweatshirt, gray/white/black winter coat, and grey/blue pants.

Police say that appropriate clothing was not taken for the child. $2,800 in cash was also missing from the child's mother's purse.

Malmberg has been in jail before on drug and alcohol charges.

Anyone with information should call 911 or the Grand Rapids Police Department at 616-456-3604 immediately

genthumb.ashx

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=118866&catid=48

Updated:2/24/2010 7:20:37 PM - Posted: 2/24/2010 2:56:29 PM

GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM)- The man suspected of kidnapping a Grand Rapids girl has been taken into custody in Lansing, but police still don't know where the girl is.

Jozlynn Mari Martinez was last seen in bed on Monday, February 22nd at 11:00pm. When the child's mother awoke at 9:00am on Tuesday, February 23rd, the child was gone.

She was believed to be taken by 40-year old Jeffrey Malmberg. But when police found him in Lansing, the girl was not with him.

Malmberg is being brought back to Grand Rapids where detectives will question him.

Jozlynn Martinez is a two-year-old hispanic girl, 2' 9" tall, 22 pounds, brown eyes, brown hair, a scab on her chin, a spot on the right side of her head that doesn't grow hair, and walks with her feet turned inward.

Anyone with information should call 911 or the Grand Rapids Police Department at (616) 456-3604 immediately.

UPDATE:

"http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2010/02/man_wanted_in_connection_with.html

Police say a man wanted in connection with an Amber Alert and a missing 2-year-old girl in Grand Rapids was arrested tonight in the Lansing area, but the child was not with him."

"It's unknown if the girl was ever with Malmberg, or what Malmberg may have told police about her whereabouts."

Hmmm.... so the mom assumed they were together since they were both missing? Now, I don't know who to believe.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...seNum=1141794&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

NonFamily Abduction
JOZLYNN MARTINEZ
DOB: Nov 18, 2007
Missing: Feb 22, 2010
Height: Unknown
Eyes: Hazel
Race: White
Age Now: 2
Sex: Female
Weight: 22 lbs (10 kg)
Hair: Sandy
Missing From:
GRAND RAPIDS
MI
United States
Jozlynn was last seen on February 22, 2010. She may be in the company of an adult male. Jozlynn has a scab on her chin.

ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Rapids Police Department (Michigan) 1-616-456-3400
NCMC1141794c1.jpg

"I want her home," Grand Rapids mother says of missing 2-year-old

Consuela Martinez was in tears Wednesday night after learning her boyfriend, whom police initially suspected had kidnapped her 2-year-old daughter, Jozlynn, was found without the child.

"It makes it worse, because we don't know where she is," Martinez said of her daughter, Jozlynn. "I want her home. I want her home so bad."

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2010/02/i_want_her_home_grand_rapids_m.html

g0225jozlynn01jpg-9530eff9173d0369_medium.jpg

I'm trying to think positive, but somehow I don't have a good feeling about this.

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/margin-1373071-bottom-style.html

February 24, 2010 9:55 PM

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) – Police are still searching for a two-year-old girl who has gone missing.

Consuela Martinez says the last time she saw her daughter Jozlynn Mari Martinez was Monday night. When Consuela checked on her daughter Tuesday morning, Jozlynn was gone.

Consuela searched on her own before calling police. An Amber Alert was issued Wednesday afternoon.

Good heavens...

something drastically wrong here

when a so called "EX" crack addict takes $2500 out of your purse (and why so much $$ in cash anyhow?) well...what do you think is going on>??

Mom thought they were out doing "errands"??

and now HE is found and the little girl is still missing?? unreal

I am hoping for the best but the worst would not surprise me.
This has the all too familiar feel of a "mom" who disregards her child's safety
and even her own just to have a "guy" in her life...and what a guy..
ex crack addict....?? "ex"? hmmmmm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washingtonsupersleuth
Back