‘Wow, that was fun.’” fireman says

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by mysteriew, Nov 12, 2005.

1. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

To those who know him, Eric Knoss has to be one of the luckiest firefighters around.

A huge explosion at a vacant furniture factory in Aspers early Friday sent Knoss flying 30 feet through the air and into a clump of trees.

As chunks of cider block rained down, Aspers Fire Co. Assistant Chief Lewis Alexander was sure Knoss had been killed or seriously injured.

“I sent two of my firefighters, who are EMTs, to check on him,” Alexander said in a phone interview Friday night.

“They found him down there laughing ... perfectly fine,” Alexander said. “He was one very lucky man. He just said, ‘Wow, that was fun.’”
    http://www.cumberlink.com/articles/2005/11/12/news/news02.txt

2. Loading...

3. Becba

Becba Former Member

For some reason his comment just tickled me. I suppose since he was uninjured it was a heck of a ride. LOL

4. Opie

Opie Well-Known Member

So glad he is alive to be laughing. Wonder how he felt when reality set in a while later.

5. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

I had the privelege of volunteering with a couple of groups of firemen. Two great bunches of people, but some of them were real adrenalin addicts (there is always one or two in every group of firemen). Some of the bravest people I have ever met, yet usually very modest about what they do. But most have this kind of humor. Many times the situations leave them with only two choices- they can either laugh or cry about what they see, and if they cry they might not find a way to continue on. So they find a way to laugh.