“the person in my daughter’s car was not my granddaughter!”

I agree, he is not in control of his emotions... I don't think he and Cindy can now deny that there was a decomposing body in the trunk... but they refuse to believe that it was Caylee. The horror of that is just unthinkable. I cannot begin to imagine the nightmare they are going through... but I know I would want to know the truth... and it appears that they can't accept it.

Hi everyone...long-time WS member/lurker here...but this is my first post to this forum.

TxLady2, you made a great point about the denial this family must be experiencing. On the other hand, George and Cindy must have accepted that Caylee is deceased on some level. Otherwise (unless I've missed it) wouldn't they have made some kind of public appeal--a personal message to Caylee that they are looking for her? If they truly believe she's alive, why aren't they motivated to speak to her and tell her they miss her--help soothe her fears?

You know this is an interesting thread. I have a great deal of compassion for the grandparents and the pain and stress they are under. BUT, I also have questions about what George knew and when he knew it.

George supposedly was in the trunk of the car on June 24th. This is 8 days after Caylee's went missing as near as we can tell.

The trunk had chlorform in it - but apparently not on June 24th?

George and the tow guy found flys and maggots in the car on July 15th when George picked it up from the tow yard. It is thought if there was chlorform in the car, the flys and maggots would not have lived.

George says it was not his granddaughter in the car. First response is: then who was it?

Casey's laptop was found in the car and there was evidence of chloroform searches. The dates of these searches are very important. I do not think that George had time to do the searches and then order the chloroform on the web, have it delivered, and then attempt to clean the car with it when LE took the car on July 16th. To me, this is a quandry. How, when and by who did the chloroform get in the car?

Questions that need answers, I think because they don't make sense.

My husband said to me last night after my remarking that GA said this was "What the hell? Is she part timing for the Orlando Morgue?"

This statement has bothered me since the day GA stated this on camera. All along we have heard "old pizza" from the Anthony's. GA being ex-LE, this statement concerns me. If it wasn't his granddaughter, then who was it? He says, "the person". Not "the smell" or "there was no body". This tells me, he knows that there WAS decomp in that car and not from an animal.

I agree, is GA psychic now too?? Emotionally ridiculous statement. IMO, too late with the media Blitz...

You know this is an interesting thread. I have a great deal of compassion for the grandparents and the pain and stress they are under. BUT, I also have questions about what George knew and when he knew it.

George supposedly was in the trunk of the car on June 24th. This is 8 days after Caylee's went missing as near as we can tell.

George and the tow guy found flys and maggots in the car on July 15th when George picked it up from the tow yard. It is thought if there was chlorform in the car, the flys and maggots would not have lived.

George says it was not his granddaughter in the car. First response is: then who was it?

Casey's laptop was found in the car and there was evidence of chloroform searches. The dates of these searches are very important. I do not think that George had time to do the searches and then order the chloroform on the web, have it delivered, and then attempt to clean the car with it when LE took the car on July 16th. To me, this is a quandry. How, when and by who did the chloroform get in the car?

One use for chloroform is cleaning.
The chloroform could be obtained from a hospital.
Ask yourself who had access to hospital supplies?

This statement has bothered me since the day GA stated this on camera. All along we have heard "old pizza" from the Anthony's. GA being ex-LE, this statement concerns me. If it wasn't his granddaughter, then who was it? He says, "the person". Not "the smell" or "there was no body". This tells me, he knows that there WAS decomp in that car and not from an animal. Sorry if this has been discussed somewhere in the threads. I just can't shake that statement out of my head. I know this may not called a freudian slip, but it seems he acknowledged that a body was there. Just wondering how any others feel about this statement. I truly feel the GP's are in thier own private Hades right now, but I don't understand with facts that have emerged how they can still hold faith and belief in Casey. I try to think that maybe they feel they HAVE to be on Casey's side, in order to find the truth about Caylee.

It has always rubbed me wrong too and I feel strange everytime I see the video. To me it was his accidental acknowledgment that he knows caylee is dead and was in that trunk and has been nothing but angry and camera shy since. I feel he knows and is just fighting the emotional battle that comes with that kind of greif.

I have a question.......and sure don't want to start another thread.

Does anyone here know if Cindy is a Registered Nurse?
Just Curious!

Thanks,

xxxoo
mama
:blowkiss::blowkiss:

Would that explain why Caylee can't be found? Many have speculated that Casey is too lazy to do such a good job of hiding her. But not everyone is that lazy.

to whomever feels that way - she wasn't too lazy to create many fake emails which would have been "work"

This statement has bothered me since the day GA stated this on camera. All along we have heard "old pizza" from the Anthony's. GA being ex-LE, this statement concerns me. If it wasn't his granddaughter, then who was it? He says, "the person". Not "the smell" or "there was no body". This tells me, he knows that there WAS decomp in that car and not from an animal. Sorry if this has been discussed somewhere in the threads. I just can't shake that statement out of my head. I know this may not called a freudian slip, but it seems he acknowledged that a body was there. Just wondering how any others feel about this statement. I truly feel the GP's are in thier own private Hades right now, but I don't understand with facts that have emerged how they can still hold faith and belief in Casey. I try to think that maybe they feel they HAVE to be on Casey's side, in order to find the truth about Caylee.

I think he pointed to an important fact. Though it is unlikely, there is a possibility that the person in the back of the car was not Caylee. That's the truth. If he feels that Caylee is alive than of course he doesn't think it was her body. They obviously aren't delusional, they recognize the fact that the evidence shows a dead body. But they also recognize that the evidence doesn't definitively state WHOSE body was in the car. There's room for doubt and they're living in the room where all the doubt is.

I have a question.......and sure don't want to start another thread.

Does anyone here know if Cindy is a Registered Nurse?
Just Curious!

Thanks,

xxxoo
mama
:blowkiss::blowkiss:

Yes I believe so, I will look it up

I think the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. Other people don't. I think Caylee is dead, and I think Casey killed her. I don't even think it was an accident. That being said, I don't find it so abnormal or such a stretch for the GP's to be in denial over the fate of Caylee. There is a thread in this forum for people who think Caylee is still alive. If total strangers are able to think this, why would the people who loved her and mostly raised her not have the same belief?
I have seen several posts over the past few weeks with people saying they would give their life for their children to illustrate how bad the GP's are behaving. Yet, Casey is their child. There is evidence they have downplayed or outright ignored a lot of bad behavior on her part already, and I don't understand why anyone would expect them to do a complete 180 now. They actually did, confronting her with the theft from the great grandfather, and look how that turned out. I think there might have been a split second on their part when there was a connection made between dead body smell/Caylee missing, and then their mind completely shut it down, and has refused to go there again.
JMO, but I feel had Casey not been the prime suspect in Caylee's disappearance, the fight we saw between Cindy and TM would have been her reaming him for calling off the search due to weather, and they all woud have been out all hours searching for Caylee.
Lanie

GREAT post! I kinda think that they are coddling Casey in order to get her to talk. I imagine that they might feel extremely guilty for that fight that led to Casey leaving (even though they had every right to kick her out). Imagine the guilt they have to feel? I think Casey wanted them to feel guilty, which is why Caylee is gone. So they know strong-arming doesn't work. They don't ask her directly anymore because she won't tell them and will just get upset and even more uncooperative. They've tried the hard approach and it didn't work with her. IMO, of course.

GREAT post! I kinda think that they are coddling Casey in order to get her to talk. I imagine that they might feel extremely guilty for that fight that led to Casey leaving (even though they had every right to kick her out). Imagine the guilt they have to feel? I think Casey wanted them to feel guilty, which is why Caylee is gone. So they know strong-arming doesn't work. They don't ask her directly anymore because she won't tell them and will just get upset and even more uncooperative. They've tried the hard approach and it didn't work with her. IMO, of course.

I agree, but if I were in George and Cindy's shoes I wouldn't want the murderer of my grandchild, daughter or no, living under my roof. Direct confrontation hasn't worked, coddling hasn't worked. So if it were me (and I wouldn't be covering up for my-child-the-murderer in the first place) I'd tell the courts to find somewhere else to park KC's butt while she's out of jail.

One thing that has always bothered me about the chloroform and cleaning, is even if you were a RN, who in the world would think to do a google to see if chloroform could be used with cleaning? How would someone even wonder if that could be a possibility?

Wouldn't the average person (ok I know they are not the average people) just take a few containers of bleach and pour it in the trunk, and then try to say they broke while coming home or something?

I still think the chloroform was used for something else.

**Sorry about hijacking the thread for a second.**

I agree. This part does not make sense. I also wonder where Caylee was on the 24th. Could she have been in the trunk when George got the gas cans back??!!?? How much odor would diffuse out into the trunk from a sealed garbage bag "rolled up in a rug" or in some way disguised?? Could the Chloroform have been part of a Casey plan to make it look like she herself was chloroformed in the trunk...a plan later abandoned due to the stench...and then the bottle broke during the GP cleanup??

See this is where I am getting confused. Because of the searches on the computer for the chloroform I am assuming the chloroform was in the car when George drove it home. But if the searches came on the computer after George drove it home and they were trying to hide the decomp smell who looked it up and who had chloroform laying around the house. Because they wouldn't have had time to order it online. Then again, if the levels were as high as reported why wasn't George affected when he opened the trunk or got into the car.

What I think....I think GA used chloroform to try and destroy DNA evidence that was left in the trunk. After driving the car home and smelling the stink, I think that is what he did. Don't we know already that Cindy removed items from inside the cars and washed them, and that the trunk was "cleaned" with dry cleaning agents? We know the computers were seized sometime after the July 16 arrest date, but we don't know who in the Anthony house did the searching. It would also explain why the FBI test results were so delayed....I read (google search) that chloroform destroys the proteins in DNA but it can be reversed, so there would be serious additional tests that any lab would have to do. But because the use of chloroform is a weird choice, I don't see how this can not be obstruction of justice on behalf of GA or CA. Makes you wonder why exactly they did get lawyered up shortly after the news about chloroform hit the stands....

(my thoughts and opinions of course)

I agree, but if I were in George and Cindy's shoes I wouldn't want the murderer of my grandchild, daughter or no, living under my roof. Direct confrontation hasn't worked, coddling hasn't worked. So if it were me (and I wouldn't be covering up for my-child-the-murderer in the first place) I'd tell the courts to find somewhere else to park KC's butt while she's out of jail.

Even if they were convinced that Caylee was not alive, they would then also have to be convinced that Casey was the one who did it. For them, she is innocent until proven guilty. With all the crazy stuff Casey may have been involved with, it is possible that she fell in with some shady individuals who would do some terrible things, so as long as there is someone else to blame (even though who she's blaming may not exist lol), I think they are going to blame someone else.

I'm still thinking there is more to George's statement about who was in the car. I'm thinking/speculating that he saw something and therefore knows something and that it was GA & CA that used the chloroform. Otherwise, the bugs would have been dead also. BUT that does not explain the searches made on Casey's laptop unless those searches were made the evening of July 15th or day of July 16th. LE did not impound the car until the 17th of July, right?

Salem

This is My opinion and my theory only, I believe KC in her lies to make GP's believe her, she has tied missing Caylee to the murder in Blanchard park of Nicole it was something that stunned this area of Florida back in July. Perhaps KC is explaining the decomp as part ofthe serial rapist murder that happened in that area. So the GP's are in denial and believing that if they speak about this Caylee she will be harmed by unspeakable people.
If I was a Pathological Liar this is what I would do.........

I've thought this all along, that George was the one to open the trunk and an excellent point made here is this was 8 days after Caylee was with CA at the nursing home. Decomposition would have been underway. What I can't get by is where the hell did they think Caylee was when Casey was at the house (the day he wanted to get whatever out of the trunk?) if we go by their statements?

If I was at my parents' house WITHOUT my kids (when they were 2 and 3) the first thing I would have gotten was the third degree. Where are they? Why didn't you bring them? Do you trust whoever is watching? So on and so on.

Let's say GA opened the trunk, and there was Caylee. Any way you look at it, how many days passed before LE got a hold of that car?? IIRC it was the day she was arrested the 16th or the 17th they impound the car. So from June 24th to July 17th the Anthony's had the car. GA was the one to get rid of the body. They tell Casey to go somewhere else and they will take care of it. I think the whole deal with the chloroform in the trunk and the flies and the smell (why didn't it affect George while driving home) is because the chloroform was used to CLEAN THE TRUNK after they brought it home. CA washes the pants and the knife. They smell like decomp.
Casey probably looked it up on the Internet to make sure the chloroform being a cleaner was true, and/or GA and CA remembered back in the days chloroform was used in cleaning up decomp from cars and such. Remember, they both have some sort of background George especially since he is an ex-homicide investigator so this is not a stretch. So after using the chloroform to clean the trunk, the car sits in their garage until the police impound it. With the trunk unopened for over 14 days the chloroform saturates the air in the trunk.
Casey had Amy's car from the time they left for Puerto Rico. So for the most part she is out of town (and I've always wondered the WHY for the trip? Was the trip planned for months or spur of the moment for Amy?) Tony is in New York. One guy was moving out and so Casey can't be pinned down for any doings at the beginning of July to the time she picked up Amy. This was convenient for Casey wasn't it?

Casey is keeping quiet and there is a reason for this. She doesn't do anything unless there is something in it for her. I don't know what it is, because it sure isn't to save her parents' hide. To save her own? I don't think she really believes what she did was wrong. This I can't explain. I think she thinks that whatever she did wouldn't compare to what THEY did to cover it up. But still, it's not like her to keep her mouth shut, remember the boyfriend said she was a talker?? Couldn't get her to shut up sometimes? Either way

Casey committed the ultimate sin and her parents' covered it up. It's a waiting game to see who cracks first. You all should know who I'm betting on.

I don't think the parents call the cops on her if you are correct.

I look for Casey to turn on one of her siblings if she goes to trial. She will finger someone. Her life is way more important than any of theirs

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back