05 August 2012: 50 years ago today, iconic American actress Marilyn Monroe died

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by wfgodot, Aug 5, 2012.

1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Good article remembering MM, in the L.A. Times:

Marilyn Monroe: People who knew her recall the real person
    the rest at the link

2. Loading...

3. badhorsie

badhorsie Mouth operational, brain elsewhere...

RIP Norma Jean. The ultimate icon, many have been inspired by you but no one has come close

4. Plumeria5

Plumeria5 New Member

Just watched "Some Like it Hot" yesterday. I am decorating my living room Old Hollywood and am filling it with Marilyn pictures. There is such a mystery about her death. Does anyone have a good timeline of her last days and the hours after her death? I should buy a book. Anyone have suggestions?

What really happened to Marilyn???

5. Plumeria5

Plumeria5 New Member

6. songline

songline New Member

7. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

Photo by Richard Avedon. This is my fav photo of Marilyn. He saw beneath the manufactored persona of Marilyn Monroe and gave us a glimpse of Norma Jean underneath.

http://nymag.com/news/features/31523/

She's still worshipped as an icon and we still don't know exactly who Norma Jean was...

RIP.

Attached Files:

8. badhorsie

badhorsie Mouth operational, brain elsewhere...

Fifty years after her death, rare, unpublished photographs of Hollywood icon Marilyn Monroe have been put on display at a gallery in Warsaw.

Marilyn Monroe is still a style icon, even half a century after her untimely death
    The collection of 3,780 photographs by Milton H. Greene, which had been stored for over a decade, was transferred to the Polish government in 1995 as part of a settlement in an embezzlement case involving a US businessman.
    The exhibition titled 'Marilyn Monroe's Hollywood' shows only 60 photographs, taking up a few rooms of the Association's gallery in Warsaw's old town, and will be on display until the whole collection is sold at an open auction.

[​IMG]

Photos to be found at this link