08-18-2009 - Nancy Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Annette knows what all has been said... however I personally believe that she isn't going to feed the fire. I think she has been told what to say and what not to say. I do believe that MC knows something or has a hunch (kinda like she did with her cousin). She would throw the cousin under the bus BUT would she point a finger at her brother? He was there that day...he lives close.. and with all this drama going on lately, my suspicions point in his direction.... all the way down to the scratch on van.

Hi Cajun, I haven't read the whole thread yet, but a TH did say that Misty is either protecting herself or someone very close to her.

Black and white. Her brother, that would be someone very close to her. xox

PS: Listening to Ron in the clips Nancy has on, what a . . . :rolleyes:

I still feel like MC didn't harm Haleigh but I do believe she knows something about the person who did!

ETA, Ron can be so explosive and confrontational I can see revenge as a motive.

I am beginning to think that the real reason Ron married Misty is to keep control over her so that she can not tell what she knows. If Ron was not involved in his daughter's disappearance and he thought she had something to do with it or was negligent, I think he would have tried to kill Misty.

That would also explain why he was willing to fight her family to keep her. If she is no longer controlled by him, she will tell. She is the weakest link.

Regards,

Montana

A good point and very logical.

No, the LE have had to let them know, and they have via media, that this is someone really close, no stranger- Misty is not being truthful, they have even said they think Misty knows what happened to Haleigh- and this just doesn't phase them? Its not a sex offender, there was no picked lock like Ron said- Misty became a bride 30 days later after this mess- this child with a 7th grade education pulled the wool over the Cummings eyes, they just set aside the fact Haleigh went missing and welcomed her into the family, because she was just so good for Ronald?

I think not.

And its nice TN called in TES, it really is, but I believe that was to take the heat off of Ron beating up his brother in law and the rat- now with this information, they cant do anymore damage control-

jmo

Why would there have to be a picked lock for it to be a sex offender? What if Misty went out and left the door unlocked? What if a window was open or openable? What is someone unlocked the dead bolt earlier that evening? Why couldn't it be someone with a master key (they are easy to get, every locksmith in town has one), or someone who got the key from the landlord?

In the beginning, I followed this case intensely, but in the absence of any new information and just speculation, I put it on the back burner.

But............MC has bothered me from the beginning. Her changing stories, her phony tears, her evasiveness just doesn't add up to innocence. I feel she's either covering up for someone or she herself is guilty.

One of the things that's bothered me is one of MC's statements that NG played again tonight. Although I can't quote it exactly, in one of her early statements MC states she was like a mother to these children - that they looked at her as their mother - and she claimed she was good to those kids.

In the course of sleuthing this case, we learned that RC has a former girlfriend and fathered a child with her.......a child who's still an infant. MC posted on a webpage on MySpace and viciously attacked this former girlfriend. If I remember correctly, MC made comments about this former girlfriend being an unfit mother and threatened to take her child away........something along these lines.

MC was 17 when Hayleigh disappeared and she had lived with RC for less than 6 months. In this time, she seems to have moved in and taken over both of RC's children, and also has accused a former girlfriend of RC of being unfit.

I find this behavior scary..........taking over other women's children and promoting herself as a "better mother." This coming from a teenager who's been a part of the children's lives for just a matter of months.

Yikes, the scenario suddenly makes me think of "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle"!

Also, as I listened to AS saying they never thought it was a stranger abduction, I thought she said someone might follow her to find out where she lived. The first thing that made me think of was how RC had never told CS where he moved to--how she picked the kids up in town for visitation. Like AS was pointing to CS finding out where they lived and taking Haleigh but not wanting to actually say it. Maybe I heard it wrong, too.

Concerning the sleeping arrangements:

On NG this evening, RC said "I have no idea how things got so mixed up, Ms Nancy" On Feb 11, HE is the one who said that all three slept in the same bed.....WTH? ...The clip shows he is deceiving or needs a brain transplant...how do you forget what you told people on national TV...this is video taped...

Again he speaks out of both sides of his mouth!

Not really... could be a neighbor, an acquaintance they know from church, school, the supermarket, any number of places. In a very small community, no one is really a stranger... you may not know their name, but you've seen them before somewhere. They may not be friends, just someone you speak to when you see them.

I agree....I grew up in a small town, and no one is really a stranger, as everyone has seen each other or knows someone who knows someone. I think she might just mean she thinks it is someone known to the family and/or local to the area.

The question that needs answering is why TN, AS and RC have not questioned Misty.

They all back out of that when questioned, stating, "I don't know, I wasn't there when LE questioned her"....Well didn't you question her?...GMAB

I agree....I grew up in a small town, and no one is really a stranger, as everyone has seen each other or knows someone who knows someone. I think she might just mean she thinks it is someone known to the family and/or local to the area.

AS back peddled her tricycle tonight..period.

Yeah, like the intruder who the parents say killed JonBenet Ramsey - able to be in the home, upstairs, downstairs and all through the house and not leave one bit of evidence - amazing strangers who can float through a place without a trace.
Gloves or not, things are disturbed when a person enters a room or a house.
I think the cops are putting the squeeze on Misty. I think what they need to do is question Ron over and over without Misty present and let their interest in him scare the heck out of Misty, who then might get her story together.

Actually, IIRC they did find a trace....when she went missing they didn't have DNA testing like they do now. Since the DNA testing, the mother was exonerated (sadly, it was after she died and had to endure years of people accusing her).

<<What if Misty went out and left the door unlocked?>>

Then she lied.

1. she said she was home all night
2. she said the back door was locked

IF she lied to protect herself and somebody took Haleigh, then she is saying she is more important than Haleigh. What innocent person would lie and not let a child be found? .....that is diabolical if not evil

Yikes, the scenario suddenly makes me think of "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle"!

Also, as I listened to AS saying they never thought it was a stranger abduction, I thought she said someone might follow her to find out where she lived. The first thing that made me think of was how RC had never told CS where he moved to--how she picked the kids up in town for visitation. Like AS was pointing to CS finding out where they lived and taking Haleigh but not wanting to actually say it. Maybe I heard it wrong, too.

Good catch! I missed that. I think you may be right about that.

Concerning the sleeping arrangements:

On NG this evening, RC said "I have no idea how things got so mixed up, Ms Nancy" On Feb 11, HE is the one who said that all three slept in the same bed.....WTH? ...The clip shows he is deceiving or needs a brain transplant...how do you forget what you told people on national TV...this is video taped...

Again he speaks out of both sides of his mouth!

That may mean something and maybe it doesn't.

The iv was very soon after Haleigh went missing...he'd probably barely slept, was being interviewed, was in shock and panic, was probably non-stop worried and wondering where Haleigh might be and perhaps wasn't nearly as concerned about what bed she was sleeping in as NG and her viewers were. His mind may have been thinking in the background "who the f... cares which bed she was sleeping in, please just help me find my daughter".

Maybe they were embarassed by the fact Misty was sleeping with the children and thought it would sound better to change the story to make it sound like everyone was sleeping separate, which they though might sound better to those that might judge them for something like that (and people sure were with lots of people posting that they were disgusted she was sleeping with the children). We just don't know.

<<What if Misty went out and left the door unlocked?>>

Then she lied.

1. she said she was home all night
2. she said the back door was locked

IF she lied to protect herself and somebody took Haleigh, then she is saying she is more important than Haleigh. What innocent person would lie and not let a child be found? .....that is diabolical if not evil

She may be lying about some things...I don't think anyone disputes that as a possibility. But, she may be lying for many different reasons (a fear of losing Ronald, a fear she will cause Ronald to lose Jr, getting in trouble for using drugs, leaving the kids unattended, lying to protect someone else, lying to protect herself from something etc). It doesn't mean any of them are morally right, but it doesn't mean she isn't lying for one of those reasons, if she is lying.

ETA. I'd like to know if she passed the crucial questions on the LDT, like "do you know what happened to Haleigh?", "do you know where Haleigh is?". Right now it seems to me she's only apparently suspected of lying about her whereabouts, for reasons unknown, and nothing else.

seems as though its the same thing we already knew... MC is the key, HC not taken by a stranger...

ETA: Although I'm very glad Nancy Grace is covering this case :)

I watched part of it and I said to myself why are they acting like this is new news, it's not. We've all known this from the beginning, except about Ron and Crystal being cleared.

Hey, hope things are well for you. It's almost Tiger season :D

NG is pointing out if LE is asking for people who know of MC's whereabouts, it's obvious she wasn't home --- ITA

They asked that in the beginning, I guess no one's come forward that has seen her out. She would have to be with someone else because she didn't have a vehicle there that night.

Even if she had no bombshells for this group, there were for some viewers. I am just happy that NG is off of Michael Jackson!

If "we" never thought it was a stranger then they have clearly talked about it together. And, who is "we" ?

I actually watched NG tonight. First time since MJ died.

In the military world we have a phrase we use it's called "fire for effect".

(Nancy G):sonar:target acquisition---aim---fire for effect :fuse:

(MC) was the target on national TV :eek: that has got to be uncomfortable for her after the new articles and the NG show. I actually cringed.

The question that needs answering is why TN, AS and RC have not questioned Misty.

They all back out of that when questioned, stating, "I don't know, I wasn't there when LE questioned her"....Well didn't you question her?...GMAB

I am sure LE told them not too. Just like they told the families not to speak to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam