1,500 stimulus checks screwed up

Autumn2004

Inactive
Reaction score
http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/93333

If you have your hopes set on a big "economic stimulus" payment arriving in your bank account any day now, you might have to wait a bit longer. The IRS has announced that a subset of taxpayers are affected by a glitch that is delaying rebates sent to them.

The issue affects people who used a service or software program to do their 2007 taxes and opted to have the fee for those services deducted from the stimulus payment and sent via direct deposit. A bug (which the IRS has not elaborated upon) means those payments will now have to be made via a check sent via postal mail.

In addition to this bug, the IRS has confessed that 1,500 checks or direct payments were sent to the wrong taxpayers. While some reports blame this problem on a computer glitch, the IRS says that it cant necessarily pin this issue on a computer problem. Check any payments received carefully to make sure they're actually yours.

snip~

Oh man........:eek:.
A lot of people are going to be mad.:mad:

Ya think if I'm ever in trouble with the IRS this excuse would work?
From the above link.

While some reports blame this problem on a computer glitch, the IRS says that it cant necessarily pin this issue on a computer problem.

I know! This is not good. My parents went way over budget recently too on their boat slip deposit and could use the money themselves. They will be fine just really tight. I feel really bad for the families that are depending on it and are struggling.

The government expects their money now but they will wait months to get you what they owe you. Im glad we already got ours and have already spent half of it.

AND I'M ONE OF THOSE FREAKING PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.............

Line up those IRS boys................my antlers need sharpening!!!!

:mad:

Thanks for posting that info, Autumn. That just reinforces my old fasioned way of thinking and never opt for anything going into or out of my bank account. I like to hold it in my hand and see it with my own eyes. Yes, I am a bit older, and hopefully, wiser - LOL:)

littledeer- that sucks Im sorry!

Sniffy-One year we did it direct deposit and had it taken out of our return and it took much longer to get it then the bank took three weeks to clear it since it was a h & R block check instead of a irs check.

We do it regular direct deposit now but I still prefer the old fashioned way. We dont do billing out of our checking account either.

Thank Gawd we we got ours!!! And the son did not file on line this year:crazy:

Geez, I hope I'm not one. We used H & R Block as usual. I haven't checked, but I was due on the 9th of May.

I am too.. Cripes almighty.. I knew there was a reason we couldnt get info and havent received the check. I ruled out all the other issues... So frigging annoying.

I think I may be one too :(.....But the way I look at it is....this is free money, so I can wait another couple of weeks!!

NPR said alot more checks were wrong. Way more than 15,000.

Hmmm...I got a letter from the IRS dated 5/12/08 that stated I "can expect to receive" my payment on 5/09/08. Not should have received...but can expect to receive. NOW I understand why I got that letter. I was scratching my head all day over that one. The IRS needs to get it's calendar updated. Yup...got it...spent it...and they're NOT getting it back!! :crazy:

We opted for a check in the mail which was supposed to be sent out between May 9-16th. It's not here yet though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back