1 million bounty to be offered for live capture of Bigfoot

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by Casshew, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Casshew

Casshew Former Member

A Maine scientist is preparing to release details of a $1 million reward for a photograph that leads to the live capture of Bigfoot, the abominable snowman or the Loch Ness Monster.

Loren Coleman, a professor at the University of Southern Maine, said the bounty would be paid for by an unnamed company and that he will release more details at a cryptozoology symposium at Bates College over Halloween weekend. Cryptozoology is the scientific study of hidden, rumored or unknown animals.

"It's the time for something like this," Coleman said. "Back in the 1960s, hardly anybody was talking about this. Today, it's phenomenal."

The mysteries surrounding these creatures have long been the subject of debate.

Bigfoot, or sasquatch, is said to be a huge, hairy humanlike creature with long arms. The abominable snowman, or yeti, is a large hairy, manlike mammal reputed to live in the Himalayas. The Loch Ness Monster is a dinosaur-like creature reputed to live in a lake in Scotland.

The $1 million bounty would be paid by a company to anyone who produces a photograph that leads to the live capture of one of the three creatures, Coleman said.

"We don't want people running around with guns trying to kill something to get the money," Coleman said. "It's not a contest, either. It's a very specific bounty that depends on the permanent capture of a live specimen, with emphasis on 'live.'"

Story

2. SadieMae

SadieMae Former Member

Cass, I think I could do better than a photo if I ran across one of them creatures. As much as I adore animals, I would have to bring in the dead carcass. Better it than me. Think maybe I could collect half the reward for that? :D

Flicka1 and Laughing like this.
  3. Buzz Mills

Buzz Mills New Member

If you could come up with anything that would help capture Bigfoot, it would be worth much, much, more than 1 million dollars. Get yourself a good agent and go for the really BIG BUCKS. PS--I'll be your agent, for 10%, and guarantee you that we will both do extremely well..

4. Tristan

Tristan New Member

So, you have to capture it "live"?

What are you gonna say to Bigfoot..."Hey, come with me, and I'll get you
    a Mocha Latte".

This is too funny.

5. downeastdetective2u

downeastdetective2u New Member

6. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

Laughing and Flicka1 like this.
  7. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

If anyone captures Big Foot when you collect your cool mill? Don't take it in one bill. Just learned on another thread it doesn't exist.

Flicka1, Shamrock1 and Laughing like this.
  8. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

upload_2021-5-16_20-40-28.jpeg

@Filly , I told you already, I have a million dollar bill:

upload_2021-5-16_20-41-30.jpeg

Santa gave it to me, I've never spent it, so I still have presents in my stocking on Christmas morning.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Your mileage may vary (on your hunt for Bigfoot,) Lather Rinse Repeat (since I expect Bigfoot doesn't shower as often as we do, and we're talkin' a whole bunch of shampoo here.)

Filly and Flicka1 like this.
  9. Shamrock1

Shamrock1 Well-Known Member

I believe the giant squid was thought to be a myth until 2004...

Last edited: May 16, 2021
    Filly, Flicka1 and Laughing like this.
  10. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

Filly and Flicka1 like this.