100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 17th day on the stand #76

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was listening in yesterday on the way home and I heard Miss Jodi say "construde"

I gasped! Thats a Casey word! :what:

If you took away the vocabulary she learned from being around other people and reading books, she would probably sound like a 12 year old.

:giggle:

You know I have found in life that the more big, obscure words people use the more BS they spew....

While watching the testimony on YouTube, I want so badly to reach through the screen and hug Jodi's siblings so hard. Those of you who are actually there: could you do it for me? Tell them Travis' spirit is in that courtroom: JM is his voice and the jury is hearing it loud and clear. And tell them MrLanders loves them!

Watching them in such pain is heartbreaking.

Adding insult to injury, knowing that they know she sent the irises to their grandmother was even worse. Justifiable delivery of the DP for that alone. :furious:

Top of the Morning everyone

My thoughts exactly. This judge is far too lenient imo, but no one can claim JA didn't get a fair trial. I'm dying for this judge to get frustrated or snap at something...display some kind of emotion besides the deadpan.

Since only 3 states allow juror questions, I would like to know the law governing this line of "questioning". I would guess they get another batch today - kind of like cross and recross. Hopefully that will be it. IDK though.

I havent been here long enough to be sure whether this post will be OT, appropriate, or acceptable and hope I don't break any rules here but compelled to risk it....

I realize that all opinions are welcome here, but c'mon!!!

I keep seeing it said "TA was no saint" "He was not an angel" etc

In all my reading and following of this case, I've not once seen anything like this said by anyone ever!

According to those who knew him best he was a good man. He was kind man. He was generous to a fault. He was charming and the life of the party. He was a man that would give you the shirt off his back and a man that not only aspired to find the best in himself, but wanted to help others do the same. He was also a man who had consensual sex with someone that was aware and in agreement that it was 'casual sex' as opposed to lovemaking.

Saint? No one has said that, but I think its pretty clear that Travis Alexander was a remarkable human being. Most of us, if we are lucky, have someone in our lives that just stands out as so special, and from what we see, Travis was this person to those that knew him.

/rant over - sorry folks!

Methinks you're letting your feelings about Jodi cloud your interpretation of the word "construed", which is a proper word.

"De-edify", however, is her own word which is open to interpretation.

no, I know construde is a word...... just when JA said it, it made me think of CA....
flash backs and all... ;P

after the jury questions, i believe nurmi and mr martinez are allowed to question ja further regarding the questions the jury posed.

she's going to up there a lot longer :(

I just typed out a LONG response to someone and didn't realize that I was in the last closed thread. Ugh, I lost the whole thing.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

The sad thing is... that's not the first time I've done that. :doh:

Type it out on notepad first, copy/paste in to reply, and don't delete notepad until your post has gone through. (Learned that the hard way)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUCKOOHEAD View Post
I am interested in human nature, in what makes people tick. A jealous lover killing his or her partner is a crime but it is easier to understand. The punishment is there to fit the crime but it is the killers who appear remorseless, who are empty shells that intrigue me. Is there some way society can reach these people as kids, are there signs we can note and try to rehabilitate them as youngsters? Is it a physical abnormality in the brain or a chemical imbalance while en vitro?

I also want to see these types of killers brought to justice early on because at this point (until we understand more about the psychopathy) I believe that this type of killer will kill again.
I agree with this line of thinking. Is JA worth more to our society dead or alive?

Dragged this over. What is that old Steve Martin saying that dead men don't wear plaid or tell lies? Which in Arias's case would be an improvement but the more we can study this psychopathy the better it will serve us as a society. Medical people on TV can't even agree if Jodi is a psychopath or a sociopath. IMO the disease manifests itself early on as shown in movies like 'The Bad Seed'. I don't know if 'they' are born that way and what caused the abnormality. I would like to never hear about another JA in my life. She is currently an aberration, incapable of human emotions. IMO lucky for Jodi she doesn't know what she is missing. The guilt and remorse might make a normal person commit suicide to escape the truth of what they did.

It may be a minor point and I can't go back and find the post, but I am praying that JM follows up with a question about when that conference was. JA said that Ryan had to be wrong about her hair color, based on the month, March versus April. I know a poster here quoted her testimony and then a factual site post about it being exactly the way Ryan said it, and JA was adamant about it during the jury questions. Just one of her lies that has taken up residency in the back of mind and in my craw.....

A really good article on relationships with personality disordered people:
In romantic relationships, they are controlling, abusive, manipulative partners who can ruin not only the relationship, but our self-esteem, finances, and reputation.
For the Personality Disorder, despite the many social strategies available, manipulation is their preferred method of obtaining their wants and needs. The manipulations of a Personality Disorder –when combined with shallow emotions, entitlement, and being self-centered — can be extreme. To obtain their goals, an Antisocial Personality may physically threaten, harass, intimidate, and assault those around them. Histrionic Personalities may create dramatic situations, threaten self-harm, or create social embarrassment. Narcissistic Personalities may send police and an ambulance to your home if you don’t answer their phone calls, using the excuse that they were concerned about you. Their real goal is to ensure you that their phone calls must be answered or you will pay the consequences. Borderline Personalities may self-injure in your physical presence. In a relationship with a Personality Disorder, we are constantly faced with a collection of schemes, situations, manipulations, and interactions that have a hidden agenda…their agenda.
http://counsellingresource.com/lib/therapy/self-help/understanding/

After re-watching the jury question and answers from yesterday, I had a light bulb moment.

Jodi was asked Did Travis ever tell you that he kept the gun loaded?

She answered that Travis told her that at one point he CONSIDERED loading it, but assured her that is was not loaded. She said that in her mind, she thought pointing a gun at him would make him stop.

My observance on this... If she was told that the gun was NOT loaded, why would she think that pointing the gun at him would make him stop?

If the gun existed the way she describes, Travis would not fear an empty gun being pointed at him. He would have NO REASON to stop because he would not worry about being shot.

I think this shows yet another fictional tale in her story. I am NOT being pro-Jodi with this statement, I just think it illustrates another one of her lies regarding the (so called) gun.

Please correct me if I am mistaken -

It seems the DT is using this fabricated pedo story to say the the abuse/intimidation increased after this event. Is this due to JA knowing TA's secret? If so, wouldn't she be the one with more control and power considering she did not live with the man and could report his relationship with this child or the many photos TA supposedly kept at any time? How does her knowing this about TA increase her abuse by him if she never shared a living space with him? Even if you believe the pedo story it still doesn't add up to abuse and/or murder.

IMO

Personally, I think it is YET ANOTHER assault on TA's character.

I havent been here long enough to be sure whether this post will be OT, appropriate, or acceptable and hope I don't break any rules here but compelled to risk it....

I realize that all opinions are welcome here, but c'mon!!!

I keep seeing it said "TA was no saint" "He was not an angel" etc

In all my reading and following of this case, I've not once seen anything like this said by anyone ever!

According to those who knew him best he was a good man. He was kind man. He was generous to a fault. He was charming and the life of the party. He was a man that would give you the shirt off his back and a man that not only aspired to find the best in himself, but wanted to help others do the same. He was also a man who had consensual sex with someone that was aware and in agreement that it was 'casual sex' as opposed to lovemaking.

Saint? No one has said that, but I think its pretty clear that Travis Alexander was a remarkable human being. Most of us, if we are lucky, have someone in our lives that just stands out as so special, and from what we see, Travis was this person to those that knew him.

/rant over - sorry folks!

Thanks for the post. I feel the same way. I pray there is justice in this case.

G'morning fellow obsessives!! So looking forward to Jury part 2...hopefully we'll get some Juan time too! :D Coffee refill time!

Originally Posted by isa
When I heard Jodi say HOLSTER for the first time I went back and listened to her original testimony about the day of the murder.....and she said nothing about the gun being in a holster.

Then all of a sudden she's talking about a holster but she didn't say that she took the gun out of a holster on the day of the murder; she said that the gun had been in a holster "at some point". I think she was referring to the first time she saw it when she was cleaning Travis' closet.

Not that I believe that Travis owned a gun or that she saw a gun in the closet.

So there's the caveat- "at some point." What a clever little viper, she is.

I'd like a juror to ask her where the ammo is then. Unless it's plausible that he had a gun with just six bullets in that closet. Sure. Six bullets. Six bullets, six doughnuts. Seems reasonable. :notgood:

I believe she mentioned holster TWICE in her testimony. I thought she was saying that she took it out of the holster before she shot him. But listening, again, I heard her say the gun was in a holster "at some point", not on the day she murdered Travis.

Yes, she is a clever little viper and seems to think she has all her bases and her *advertiser censored* covered but I think the jury has her #.

Top of the Morning everyone

My thoughts exactly. This judge is far too lenient imo, but no one can claim JA didn't get a fair trial. I'm dying for this judge to get frustrated or snap at something...display some kind of emotion besides the deadpan.

i'm not crazy about the judge but her manner doesn't bother me, really. i just think at some point the questions have to end. they could ask her more questions for days and days. they didn't get follow-up questions before, so i don't think they will now. we'll see!!!!!

I'm sure to quite sure based on the Jury questions that they all agree she's a complete nutbar and are shocked she's not currently on anti-psychotics or under a physicians care.

moo of course

If you go back in the browser it will usually have a copy of the post you think you lost. I've always been able to retrieve them.

Has anyone from Arizona Mesa ever seen somewhere that has a brochure that says anything about pedophilia on it. I would like to know where she got one from that she says she gave to Travis so he could get help.
Do they have these pamphlets in doctors offices or drug stores.
where would she find one of these--I have never seen one anywhere and I'm quite old.
I would like anyone to post if they have seen one or is this just more bs from our favorite liar.
I wish the procecution would ask her just where she got this pamphlet from.
I think that would end all this pedo stuff once and for all if there was no such thing or where she supposedly got one from.
I would bet there is no such place that you can just stroll into and find a pamphlet on pedophilia.

Oh, sure there are. At the mall near me, there's a pedophilia brochure stand right between the Pro-Active and Sunglass Hut kiosks. :rolling::rolling::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member