$118,000 = 1:18 A.m. = T.o.d.?

Eagle1 said:
And in the Patricia Letters, he the caller seemed to be trying to take JonBenet's place in Patsy's affections. He sometimes pretended he was JBR?

Cross-dressing, anyone know anything about it, and would this be similar? Is there such a disorder, identifying with the victim, trying to take their place?
What are the Patricia Letters?

I'm a fence-sitter; I have no particular theory even though I've been here since 2000. But...here's some thoughts, if we say that Patsy wrote the note:

1. Perhaps she or John deposited the Christmas bonus in the bank. She/and or John knew that amount of money could be easily accessed w/in a matter of minutes. Why would this be important as opposed to requesting one million dollars? What would the significance be of them being able to get their hands on $118,000 quickly? John never actually left to get the money. Why or why not?

<or>

2. The use of the $118,000 amount would make authorities think the "kidnapper" were someone who had inside knowledge thru AG. If a kidnapper requested such an odd amount, surely there would be a reason for it; hence, it would be someone who worked at AG or had intimate knowledge of AG and John's bonus.

<or>

3. The $118K amount was chosen simply because the check stub was in the house and it would appear to authorities that an intruder had seen the stub and knew that more than likely the Ramseys had at least that much available money.

Or, Patsy did the whole thing, and 118 refers to The Psalms, as does Victory! S.B.T.C .

50:15 And call apon me in the day of trouble, I will deliver you and you wil honor me.

118:15 Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous.

119:146 I have called out to you, save me! And I will keep your statutes.

32:8 I shall make you have insight and instruct you in the way to go.

Where did John say his check showed that amount? I believe I read in the first year or so that the amount was off by 27 thousand? Maybe it was a forum guess and I am wrong?
edit to add, from RMN..it doesn't really clear up the issue,but comes close

Familiar references: The letter incorporates references some interpret as information only the Ramseys should know. One is the ransom amount -- $118,000 -- which was the net amount of John Ramsey's most recent bonus. Smit agrees the $118,000 may have meaning, but not only for the Ramseys. For example, earlier that year a disgruntled former employee of Ramsey's company claimed it owed him close to $118,000. Three other employees of Ramsey's company knew the amount of Ramsey's bonus. And two employees owed the firm $18,000. Smit also believes it's significant the writer asked for $100,000 in $100 bills and the remaining $18,000 in $20 bills. Maybe this person wanted to bank $100,000 and spend $18,000, he said. Also, just as it's questionable why an intruder would use the $118,000 figure, it's equally questionable why Patsy Ramsey, if trying to stage a murder, would use it. Why not a round figure? Smit asks. The letter is signed using the acronym SBTC. Police wondered if that was a reference to Subic Bay, a training center where John Ramsey spent time during his naval career, though no one in the Navy apparently used that acronym to describe the place. Smit doesn't know what the acronym means but is aware of other places where its use has appeared, including a sign at a protest demonstration with SBTC spelled out vertically. Horizontally, it reads: Stop/Bombing/Third world/Countries.

sissi said:
Where did John say his check showed that amount? I believe I read in the first year or so that the amount was off by 27 thousand? Maybe it was a forum guess and I am wrong?
edit to add, from RMN..it doesn't really clear up the issue,but comes close

Familiar references: The letter incorporates references some interpret as information only the Ramseys should know. One is the ransom amount -- $118,000 -- which was the net amount of John Ramsey's most recent bonus. Smit agrees the $118,000 may have meaning, but not only for the Ramseys. For example, earlier that year a disgruntled former employee of Ramsey's company claimed it owed him close to $118,000. Three other employees of Ramsey's company knew the amount of Ramsey's bonus. And two employees owed the firm $18,000. Smit also believes it's significant the writer asked for $100,000 in $100 bills and the remaining $18,000 in $20 bills. Maybe this person wanted to bank $100,000 and spend $18,000, he said. Also, just as it's questionable why an intruder would use the $118,000 figure, it's equally questionable why Patsy Ramsey, if trying to stage a murder, would use it. Why not a round figure? Smit asks. The letter is signed using the acronym SBTC. Police wondered if that was a reference to Subic Bay, a training center where John Ramsey spent time during his naval career, though no one in the Navy apparently used that acronym to describe the place. Smit doesn't know what the acronym means but is aware of other places where its use has appeared, including a sign at a protest demonstration with SBTC spelled out vertically. Horizontally, it reads: Stop/Bombing/Third world/Countries.
sissi, your post certainly fits into my theory that someone who knew the Ramseys killed JonBenet. Also fits into Blue Crabs theory of an Asian connection.

I'm thinking we've gotten way too far into the fine turning of evidence to not see the forest for the trees.

sissi,

From DOI, paperback, page 125

"To this day, more than three years later, we still don't know why the killer chose this odd figure. It is one of the strangest components in this mystery. Patsy knew nothing about the amount of the bonus because I took care of the finances and we rarely talked about money. The 118,117.50 I earned that year was deferred compensation, so there was no point discussing the matter with her......

"Since I was awarded the bonus in January 1996, the amount was printed on every pay stub I had received during 1996. Someone nosing through our house could have found a pay stub......"

Stop Bombing Third-world Countries---now we're talkin'

Miss Daisey,

There are forest people, and there are tree people; we need them both. Maybe they'll come together in the middle and say, "Eureka!".

sissi said:
Smit doesn't know what the acronym means but is aware of other places where its use has appeared, including a sign at a protest demonstration with SBTC spelled out vertically. Horizontally, it reads: Stop/Bombing/Third world/Countries.

What protest demonstration and where?

Red Chief, I want to believe the comment in DOI, but it just doesn't match with information that preceded this book. Oh well, I will buy it , for the sake of keeping "known facts" in mind, as it stands as strong as any other "known fact".
Yep, where was that demonstration!?

What I found remarkable was the $118,000 itself.Like Johns friend Fleet White said,John Ramsey was a very wealthy man.The kidnapper/killer/whatever could have asked for 5 million.Why ask for such a small amount?

"Patsy knew nothing about the money" unless SHE was "nosing through" the house. Maybe she was real irritated that they never "talked about money." Maybe she thought a real good way to jump-start that conversation was by mentioning the figure in an anonymous note.

"No point discussing the matter" huh? How's this for a point, Mr. Dismissive? Not that I don't respect your business

In other words, don't underestimate her, John.

RedChief said:
sissi,

From DOI, paperback, page 125

"To this day, more than three years later, we still don't know why the killer chose this odd figure. It is one of the strangest components in this mystery. Patsy knew nothing about the amount of the bonus because I took care of the finances and we rarely talked about money. The 118,117.50 I earned that year was deferred compensation, so there was no point discussing the matter with her......

"Since I was awarded the bonus in January 1996, the amount was printed on every pay stub I had received during 1996. Someone nosing through our house could have found a pay stub......"

Stop Bombing Third-world Countries---now we're talkin'

skybluepink said:
"Patsy knew nothing about the money" unless SHE was "nosing through" the house. Maybe she was real irritated that they never "talked about money." Maybe she thought a real good way to jump-start that conversation was by mentioning the figure in an anonymous note.

"No point discussing the matter" huh? How's this for a point, Mr. Dismissive? Not that I don't respect your business

In other words, don't underestimate her, John.

Patsy certainly could have known about the money; John doesn't score any points by denying that. But, Patsy had carte blanche and she took full advantage of it. She really didn't need to know about the "bonus", but can you imagine that John didn't tell her? They'd both have been well advised just to declare from the git-go that she knew about the bonus, whether she did or not. "Yeah, I knew about it; so what!?

BTW, how does John rate? Most folks can't sock that much away annually in a retirement account. The rules don't apply to him?

Ever the dutiful and loyal husband (gentleman) he is.

sissi said:
I don't believe anyone really interpreted the gross amount that showed on that check as the net amount of 118,000, therefore, unless they in some other manner "knew" the "bottom line" , I can't see this as being a factor.
However, I do believe the amount meant something to someone, as a psalm, as the number of whales murdered in Alaska, as the number of unemployed in the Netherlands in 1996, double the amount of Helgoth's 59,000 dollar check..or something else that was personal to them.

We've been saying the $118,000 was a net bonus amount after taxes, but actually, the company wouldn't have paid the taxes. JR would have to pay them later, and this was the gross amount.

Very obviously the amount meant something to someone who instigated this whole thing, probably starting with the Psalm.

Or, come to think of it, if we googled cults and sacrifice, just maybe we'd find they always focused on this idea???
Someone skilled in manipulating others apparently discovered the Psalm, and went creative, caused some exec to decide on that amount for a bonus, also somehow manipulated the amounts people owed JR, to match the number of the Psalm which so impressed him.

This bonus amount may have been the very earliest clue in the whole case.

Evidently It all started with some hater person discovering the Psalm, who was reading Bible for wrong reasons or looking for help in his own misery (?) The whole book of Psalms is a lot about the Psalmist's problems, being hated, from his youth, needing God's help.

I am a subscriber to the "KIS" line of thinking;

KIS= KEEP IT SIMPLE !!

A Ramsey did it, there is no other explanation that fits...none.

I know someone whose favorite saying is "Keep It Simple, Stupid", or KISS.

"Appearances can be deceiving" is a much more sensible saying, I think. If this case were simple it would have been solved. Looking up cult sacrifices, I found so much more than I really wanted to know, okay, you're right, let's be mentally lazy and simplify as much as we can. But that won't solve the case.

Eagle1 said:

"Appearances can be deceiving" is a much more sensible saying, I think. If this case were simple it would have been solved.
Not when $$$ and sloppy police work and lawyers are involved. What could have been more simple than the OJ case?

Eagle1 said:

"Appearances can be deceiving" is a much more sensible saying, I think. If this case were simple it would have been solved.
The case was solved a long time ago. It just remains unprosecuted.
doh.gif

I did make an attempt to google up some info about Boulder 1996 New Age Cults and Sacrifices but results were so complicated they lost me. Okay, let's keep it simple compared to that. Somebody else want to try?

There were classes at the university about this sort of thing.

I forget exactly what McReynolds taught.

Eagle1 said:
I forget exactly what McReynolds taught.
I think it was McJournalism that Bill taught
This wasn't a McCult
It wasn't a McSacrifice
No one needed a McRansom
It wasn't a McKidnapping
It was a McMurder!
Anything else is a McLie

bang.gif

I am absolutely, positively convinced that Patsy wrote that note.

I think that $118,000 simply relates to the bonus amount and that S.B.T.C. is "Saved By The Cross" - the first acronym that Patsy would think of.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back