12 Yr Old Amish Boy Ran Over And Killed By Horse Drawn Wagon

White Rain

Reaction score
I wonder why the horses came back and ran over him again? Weird.
Such a sad story.

ELMIRA, N.Y. — A 12-year-old Amish boy was killed yesterday when he fell off the horse-drawn wagon he was riding on and was run over in Steuben County.
State police at Painted Post say Emanuel Yoder was riding on the wagon with his younger brothers, age 10 and 4, on the family farm.
State police Investigator Allison Regan says the boy was riding in the town of Woodhull when the accident happened.
Yoder apparently lost control of the wagon while it was traveling west on a pasture trail. He was struck by the wagon after he fell off, and his younger brothers say he was unresponsive after the accident.
For some reason, the horses circled around and ran the victim over a second time. He suffered multiple severe injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene. more at link http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,301721,00.html

He was run over twice by a horse drawn wagon?:confused:

It's not like you can put the horse drawn wagon in reverse.

Well since the only ones on the wagon after he fell off were his much younger brothers, I don't think there's anything suspicious about being run over twice. Maybe the horses went back to see what happened?

Oh how sad! And I feel so bad for the brothers in the wagon who will live with those images in their minds.

Prayers for all of them.

Well since the only ones on the wagon after he fell off were his much younger brothers, I don't think there's anything suspicious about being run over twice. Maybe the horses went back to see what happened?
I didn't mean to sound suspicious...but WHY in the world would the horses turn back....obviosuly they were PROBABLY afraid after what happened. they surely wouldn't wanna go back....but yet they did....why?
Please not that I am blaming NO ONE else in thr cart...but it just seems So strange as to why the horses would do this.

How tragic.Prayers for the family.

Maybe the horse turned around when it noticed a the difference in weight it was pulling? Any horse people here that could help answer the why the horse turned around question?

I didn't mean to sound suspicious...but WHY in the world would the horses turn back....obviosuly they were PROBABLY afraid after what happened. they surely wouldn't wanna go back....but yet they did....why?
Please not that I am blaming NO ONE else in thr cart...but it just seems So strange as to why the horses would do this.

When something unexpected happens, horses will spook and run back the way they came. That's what happened to me when I had my horse accident, too - the horse went right over me, herniating disks in my back and crushing my calf muscle. He wasn't a mean horse at all, just spooked when I fell off (car came around the corner and spooked him, me falling spooked him doubly.)

Unlike us, when we are scared, we go look for safety. Horses just want to get the $%&*^ out of Dodge and head back where they came from.

When something unexpected happens, horses will spook and run back the way they came. That's what happened to me when I had my horse accident, too - the horse went right over me, herniating disks in my back and crushing my calf muscle. He wasn't a mean horse at all, just spooked when I fell off (car came around the corner and spooked him, me falling spooked him doubly.)

Unlike us, when we are scared, we go look for safety. Horses just want to get the $%&*^ out of Dodge and head back where they came from.

I have horses. When spooked they are unpredictable and very well could run back the way they came.

moo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine