13 years later: Those responsible for finding Jaycee Lee Dugard speak in South Lake Tahoe

mjm076

Reaction score
I thought you guys might be interested in this new article from yesterday about the rescue of Jaycee as Ally Jacobs, Ed Santos and Chris Campion were in South Lake Tahoe recently speaking at a California Crime Prevention Officers Association (CCPOA) convention at Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort. Ally Jacobs is the campus cop of phoned Phillip Garrido’s Parole Officer, Ed Santos, about Garrido’s appearance at the University of Burkely Campus. Ed Santos was Garrido’s parole officer at the time. And Chris Campion was
of the cops involved in the search for Jaycee when she first went missing in 1991.

This was a very interesting article to read, especially the material from Ed Santos! I wish some author out there would write a new book about Jaycee’s story interviewing the initial investigators and all those involved with her rescue and even some family members of Jaycee who haven’t had a chance to speak yet! I feel there’s so much detail in this story that we still haven’t heard as the books by John Glatt and Robert Scott were simply based on second hand information.

A couple shops from the article:

"He said, 'I've done some bad things in my life'," Ally said of the meeting. She said the girls were not phased when he told Ally he'd raped women.

After two hours of questioning from Ed, Garrido told police he was the dad. Garrido says "a long, long time ago I kidnapped her and raped her," Ed recalls.

How bizarre, like that's normal conversation? I can't recall atm, was he a drug user?

A couple shops from the article:

"He said, 'I've done some bad things in my life'," Ally said of the meeting. She said the girls were not phased when he told Ally he'd raped women.

After two hours of questioning from Ed, Garrido told police he was the dad. Garrido says "a long, long time ago I kidnapped her and raped her," Ed recalls.

How bizarre, like that's normal conversation? I can't recall atm, was he a drug user?

Yes, Philip Garrido was indeed a drug user and to a degree so was Nancy. Philip smoked marijuana and used meth, cocaine and LSD! Nancy, as far as I recall, smoked marijuana but I’m not sure if she used other drugs.

Ally has said that the fact that Jaycee’s daughters weren’t phased by Garrido’s mention of having raped a woman disturbed her.

Yes, thanks for posting. Has it really been 13 years? Wow. I remember that day when the news broke. It seemed like a miracle, then all the horrible details emerged.

I hope they're all doing well.

I first learned of Jaycee’s story when she did her first interview with Diane Sawyer in 2011 (ten years ago already!).

However, strangely enough, a ‘Missing Persons’ ad for Jaycee appeared in my local paper two years before she was found and I live in western Canada! 43BA47D8-7697-432F-A241-21B6D10E15C3.jpeg

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back