13Year Old Starved, Escaped. Parents Arrested- OH

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by gitana1, Sep 11, 2019.

1. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

I looked but did not see this posted.

"Parents John P. and Katrina Miller have each been indicted by a Crawford County grand jury on one count of kidnapping, a first degree felony; one count of felonious assault, a second-degree felony; two felony counts of child endangerment, one second-degree, one third-degree; and a first-degree misdemeanor count of child endangerment."

The kid escaped. He's totally emaciated and will have to be hospitalized for several weeks. His "parents" (bio dad and adoptive mom) fed him a vegan diet consisting of only grapes, bananas and almonds. He was watched to make sure he didn't sneak and eat other food.

What is with these child torturers and their obsession with starving their kids?

Malnourished 13-year-old boy escapes from Crestline home; parents charged

2. Jewels53

Jewels53 Forever in my Heart!

A mother and father accused of torturing and starving their own child.

A judge compares the evidence to something like an atrocity from the past.

Police say the 13-year-old victim escaped his home in Crawford County, fleeing to the home of a relative to get help.

John and Katrina Miller faced a Crawford County judge yesterday, charged with kidnapping, felony assault, and child endangering.

Their alleged victim: their own son.

"He had run away from home, or escaped, depending on how you'd like to look at that," said Crawford County Prosecutor Matt Crall. "The child weighed 65 pounds...severely malnourished. I do have photos."

Crall says the boy had been virtually starved, fed only grapes, nuts, and bananas.

"These photographs are extremely disturbing," said Crawford County Judge Sean Leuthold.

Prosecutor: Crawford County parents starved, tortured 13-year-old son

gitana1 likes this.
  3. Jewels53

BUCYRUS — A married couple from Crestline were arraigned in Crawford County Common Pleas Court Monday on several felony charges. The two were arraigned via video from the Crawford County Justice Center.

Katrina Miller, 36, and John Miller, 35, were arraigned in Crawford County Common Pleas Court on several felonies. The couple was arraigned via video from the Crawford County Justice Center.

According to the indictment, Katrina Miller and her husband, John, are individually charged with one count of kidnapping, a first-degree felony punishable with up to 11 years in prison, one count each of felonious assault, a second-degree felony punishable with up to eight years in prison and three counts of child endangerment, each third-degree felonies punishable with up to 36 months in prison.

Crestline couple arraigned on abuse charges - Crawford County Now

gitana1 likes this.
  4. Jewels53

Is it a control thing with these parents? Not giving their children proper nutrition. We see this time after time. What a sick way to slowly murder your child. imo

I pray this child is able to recover.

gitana1, mrsselig and AC's Grandma like this.
  5. AC's Grandma

AC's Grandma Well-Known Member

I take it this poor boy didn't go to school either because if he did then he could have easily told someone before now. JMO MOO

gitana1 likes this.
  6. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

He was homeschooled. But he did go to church. He wore layers to hide his emaciation.

musicaljoke likes this.
  7. BlackCloud

BlackCloud Well-Known Member

I can only imagine how "good" was his "homeschooling"....
    Poor kid...in theory these two psychos should deserve a special diet in prison (only a few ounces of bananas, almonds and grapes...just sayin'...)