14 october 2011 press conference

Discussion in 'Lisa Irwin' started by nursebeeme, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In da Middle

In da Middle of everything

FBI has been searching around here daily interspersed with KCPD since around day 1. Their investigators have also been asking questions around here.

2. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

He put his life on the line for this country; he'd put his life on the line for Lisa's. It's called parallelism. Underscores the importance.

3. Cortne

Cortne Well-Known Member

Thank you.

4. askfornina

askfornina Well-Known Member

thank you for posting here In da middle, thank you for keeping everything in perspective for me. not everything is black and white. i appreciate you helping us understand what is really going on.

5. In da Middle

Now you're getting it! Rude in every way you can be.

6. lorann

lorann New Member

It is sure too bad the local media screwed up in the very beginning. They could have helped the family and the family could have gotten important information out that would be helpful.

Many people freeze when having to speak in front of the press, but we have learned from all of these cases, it is imperitive that needed info gets out. We also know from following these cases, if there is any dirt or gossip, it is going to come out too. With my local media, we have one reporter who has the respect of everyone, she has been with our CBS sation for many years. I would contact her in a heart beat and be able to sit down and go through everything with her. I would not reveal anything that LE suggested be kept quiet but I would get everything out in the open. Even things that have no bearing on Lisa. I would just have to stay as active as I could even if I blubbered and cried through the whole thing.

Sooner or later, JI is going to have to go back to work and I feel this will be very difficult for him, I only hope he has an understanding employer and LE can keep the press from bombarding his jobsite.

Freedom of the press and all of that but LE should keep media from blocking the roads, and help neighbors keep them off of their property, why has LE not taken charge of this situation? All of these produced circus acts of family trying to hang posters, etc. will not produce any results and solve this case. Either it is truly a kidnapping or there was family involvement. Good LE control of this situation seems lacking. Maybe that's just me.

7. SyraKelly

SyraKelly Active Member

And then we can look forward to some of that sweet Yuri Pie,to make our tummies feel better-LOL

8. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, Firimar !

Small price to pay, though, for putting a spotlight on a missing child, don't you agree?

9. Dave AHFB

Dave AHFB Guest

Please Lord,

I pray that a situation like this never happens to my family friends or neighbors. Lord, if it is to someday be that this happens in my neighborhood, I pray that I find the strength to open my heart and home to all media or anybody else who has the ability to keep this baby in the publics mind and heart.

Lord, I will do everything in my power to always remember that we are that "village" which is needed to raise a child. I will happily invite cigarette butts tossed on to my yard, rude behavior by the "media invaders", noise from generators and anything else that is required of me. When the times come where the chaos seems more than I can bare, please Lord remind me that the reason for my anger is not the media, but that a baby is not getting the hugs that it deserves today.

10. Jacie Estes

Jacie Estes Medical Marijuana Advocate

It seems like the media want the parents to go and 'open a vein' on the lawn on Lister. Remember 'if it bleeds, it leads'

11. justbeachy

justbeachy Well-Known Member

People are rude to me every day. At work, the grocery store, my kids' school...I deal with it, though, because they are a means to an end. If someone could help me find my missing daughter, I might hate every breath that they take, but I would USE them to get what I wanted/needed out of them.

12. In da Middle

Yellow ribbons everywhere around here.

13. Quiche

Quiche Well-Known Member

Imo, it's pretty standard practice to set up media camps where there is a missing child. Usually, the reporters are giving blow by blow info on searches, interviews, polygraphs, and so on. Also, they interview the parents so they can plead for the return of their child as often as the parents want to do it. They talk to neighbors, friends and family.

In the Cummings' case, after immediate neighbors began suffering (after a number of weeks, iirc) they moved the media camp further up the road-- and we all know about the Anthony's.

Whomever is whispering in their ear, is not doing them ANY favors regarding Lisa... that's why I think they've been purchased as a whole. :tsktsk:

14. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes Fasten your seatbelts...

Thanks. I didn't see any while watching the livestream coverage.

15. Jacie Estes

Jacie Estes Medical Marijuana Advocate

BBM

As professionals the media should have focused on MISSING BABY rather than digging for dirt.

16. justbeachy

justbeachy Well-Known Member

Maybe I've missed it, so I apologize in advance if I have. But, is there anyway you could snap a few photos of the things you are seeing? Clearly you are getting a completely different perspective than we are and I'd love to have that viewpoint. Not that I don't believe you, but it would warm my heart to actually see the posters and ribbons that have been placed in Lisa's honor.

17. In da Middle

They did NOT take the posters down here, anyway.

18. Wise Old Owl

Wise Old Owl Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL

Here's a thought.

Why aren't the locals out, assmebling, volunteering, searching? We saw it in Caylee's case, Kyron's case, Zahra's case, Hailey's case, Chelsa and Amber's case, Somer's case................?

So many missing children - it is usual for the locals to get together and conduct their own searches.

According to Megyn Kelly on FOX national - the FBI has said they are "throwing significant manpower" at this case and the search.

19. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

I must have been behind the door when they passed out the ability to be able to say exactly how I'd act if I were in another person's shoes.

20. Quiche

Quiche Well-Known Member

Oh, my bad!! So the posters from the press conference are still up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.