15 People who help make America great

Brad Pitt? Yeah okay. The chump hitched his wagon to Angelina's star and now he's some great philanthropist?
Dear Brad has helped Namibia by "luring" paparazzi there! How ingenious! Wonder how long it took him to hatch that plan. This award is for "People who make America Great" Isn't Namibia in Africa and not America?
Maybe Pitt could lure the paparazzi to areas in this country where children are hungry and homeless.

Sally said:
Brad Pitt? Yeah okay. The chump hitched his wagon to Angelina's star and now he's some great philanthropist?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I couldn't have said it better myself.

While I think Brad is a good lookin' guy, he's hardly what I'd call one of '15 people who make America great.' :rolleyes:

Warren Buffet and Bill Gates should be on that list.

Sally said:
Dear Brad has helped Namibia by "luring" paparazzi there! How ingenious! Wonder how long it took him to hatch that plan. This award is for "People who make America Great" Isn't Namibia in Africa and not America?
Maybe Pitt could lure the paparazzi to areas in this country where children are hungry and homeless.

I try to do my part, but I can't compare with that Brad and Angelina have done. If their good looks cause more people to open their eyes about the overwhelming poverty of other parts of the world, more power to them. I'd put a list of my contributions, but I'm afraid I'd just embarass myself by comparision.

Brad Pitt? :doh: :rolleyes: Sorry, I don't think he does.. I think a lot of people make America great like family, friends and co-workers and neighbors that we don't hear about..

Sally said:

For once, I tend to agree with you. But people jumped down my throat on another thread, when I said Angelina should consider an American baby next time.

I haven't really read the article to tell the truth, but maybe he does some quiet, behind-the scenes things. I know he's interested in architecture.

(the thing is nobody would have read the article, if they didn't stick Brad in there LOL)

Jeana (DP) said:
I try to do my part, but I can't compare with that Brad and Angelina have done. If their good looks cause more people to open their eyes about the overwhelming poverty of other parts of the world, more power to them. I'd put a list of my contributions, but I'm afraid I'd just embarass myself by comparision.

I'm sure you do alot. My whole family volunteers regularly. But if you have a job and are rearing children, who has time to volunteer? You're doing a good job if you just raise decent children for the world.

Even people who are working at a productive job are all important. We all make America work.

(I'm of the opinion that housewives should be paid and have social security just as their husbands)

PaperDoll said:
Brad Pitt? :doh: :rolleyes: Sorry, I don't think he does.. I think a lot of people make America great like family, friends and co-workers and neighbors that we don't hear about..
I agree PD. All BP does is morph into who ever he is with at the time. :waitasec:

Marthatex said:
For once, I tend to agree with you.
:D
But people jumped down my throat on another thread, when I said Angelina should consider an American baby next time.
And I'll agree with you on this. I agree Angelina has done alot of good, but the way she talks about the next baby they adopt sounds as though she's adding to her collection.

Sally said:
:D

And I'll agree with you on this. I agree Angelina has done alot of good, but the way she talks about the next baby they adopt sounds as though she's adding to her collection.
I didn't get that feeling at all. I think she just wants to save kids from a life of misery/poverty etc... I don't care where she adopts children from, she's doing the world a lot of good. Because of her exposure, there might be more people adopting these children. The one thing I think she could do, if she were to adopt an American child, is adopt an older one. One that needs her help. As I understand it, babies in America are in high demand, but it's the older children that get passed over a lot.

mssheila said:
I didn't get that feeling at all. I think she just wants to save kids from a life of misery/poverty etc... I don't care where she adopts children from, she's doing the world a lot of good. Because of her exposure, there might be more people adopting these children. The one thing I think she could do, if she were to adopt an American child, is adopt an older one. One that needs her help. As I understand it, babies in America are in high demand, but it's the older children that get passed over a lot.
She may save the kids from poverty, but I doubt if she's capable of saving them from misery. She's just chaning their surroundings.

Toby said:
She may save the kids from poverty, but I doubt if she's capable of saving them from misery. She's just chaning their surroundings.
AMEN! Plus, if she's so intent on saving a baby from misery and poverty, there are plenty of suffering children here in the US. WHITE babies are in high demand. Black and latino babies are NOT. I'm sure there are PLENTY of non-white babies available for her to adopt. Try Camden, NJ - I know for a FACT that there is an influx of unwanted babies and no foster homes to put them in.

I think, Toby,you are speaking from a deeper core. Yes, there is change to be made everywhere. I believe we have to look at our own country first nowadays as if we are weak than we can't help anyone else.

I am not speaking of big oil and big conglomorates but what needs to happen here.We need to elevate our own people and get the best education out there that is possible. It is only through education that we rally and survive.

If absence of prejudice and true equal rights were available then we wouldn't even be having this discussion. JMO.

I love Angelina and the work she does for other countries but I have to agree with the people who said American's need to take care of America's children first and foremost.

Not only are black & latino babies in lower demand but Ill babies too- Crack babies, Aids babies, Fetal alcohol syndrome, etc etc. I'd love to see Angelina, or any "star" for that matter, adopt a baby born in America with just as few chances at life as the babies from these other countries. If American's don't start helping other american's this countries problems will only worsen with time!

Better yet, I would love to see ALL of the people HAVING these babies- stop having them if they can't take care of them but that's for a whole different thread!

Glow said:
I disagree. America needs to adopt a global view.
I agree with you for the future of America it needs and has to adopt a global view.

Toby said:

Are you saying that Angelina's and Brad's children are destined to be miserable no matter what?

Sally said:

:clap: I think Brad and Angie can do whatever they want but when it comes to making America great, there's no WAY I think Brad should be in the top 15. Give me a break. They are getting tons of press in the mags and tabs, yes, but there are tons of people doing things here in our country to make America great. People are interested in B and A because of their celebrity foremost, in my opinion,not to mention their love affair and the breakup of Brad and Jen. People admire them for their philanthropic work, sure, but many celebs do philanthropic things and not all get, or want, press for it. I think the true heroes are the unsung ones.

Eve

Jeana (DP) said:
Are you saying that Angelina's and Brad's children are destined to be miserable no matter what?
Yep...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back