16 July 2013 status conference discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTH? The Judge should set a darned date. Other trial settings the lawyers have should be postponed. This case really is in the "middle of trial" as I see it. The Judge should quit negotiating and make a decision! Arggggghh!!!!

Well, the judge remains consistent in foot dragging. The DT must be great BS artists. Judge remains a wimp, IMO.

Meanwhile, court records remain sealed from the public.

It is tough. It is not just that she killed him or shot him.. She basically killed him in every way possible except poison. And then she was able to act like NOTHING happened.

That is the tough part. I think had she called the police that night and told her story, she still may have been convicted but it would have looked different and she could have won some jurors. But this.. The cold blooded nature of it, the gas cans, the stories the lying the planning.. The murder itself after sleeping with him and then butchers him and goes and lays with another guy..

She has issues. Big issues. I don't doubt she has some mental issues. Not enough to save her.. I consider her a female Bundy.. I believe she would have killed again.

That picture of her posing with an actor at Othello is what really and truly disturbs me. She has not a care in the world, she's just seen a play, she's beaming. Meanwhile Travis lay dead in the shower of his own home, her having just killed him days earlier. It's blood chilling.

That picture of her posing with an actor at Othello is what really and truly disturbs me. She has not a care in the world, she's just seen a play, she's beaming. Meanwhile Travis lay dead in the shower of his own home, her having just killed him days earlier. It's blood chilling.

I never saw that... She is a pip.

Yes. There is no doubt she will be sentenced. I believe should this jury not be able to find for death JSS will give her LWOP.

Yes, can see that happening, I think I will be watching from a distance, the delays are too frustrating for words. Couldn't the State choose to take death off the table and hand it to the judge? It would be the most likely outcome anyway and would save the taxpayers the cost of the new penalty phase. At this stage I just don't see the value in it.

Seeing a lot of grumbling here today.

Based on KCL's conversation with Juan Martinez over the weekend, it seems as if things went the way Juan expected in court today. He was looking for late September, and while JS would not commit to an exact date, she indicated her desire for trial start date in line with JM's thinking.

JM has a high profile case scheduled to start on July 31. He would not be ready/available for the next phase in CMJA's case any time in August. IIRC, it took 2 to 3 weeks to select the jury for the first trial, so one should expect as much if not more time.

I have confidence that JM briefed Travis's family in advance about his projected outcome from today's court proceedings. I take it as a good sign that things went as he had hoped and no unusual delay was granted to the defense.

Oh my god, her bangs...her bangs.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

To me she looks scruffy and generic now. She looks like every other convict, and only the names change.

Yes, can see that happening, I think I will be watching from a distance, the delays are too frustrating for words. Couldn't the State choose to take death off the table and hand it to the judge? It would be the most likely outcome anyway and would save the taxpayers the cost of the new penalty phase. At this stage I just don't see the value in it.

They could but they won't. It's what his family wants and it's a reasonable gamble to take. A jury could still sentence her to death.

Seeing a lot of grumbling here today.

Based on KCL's conversation with Juan Martinez over the weekend, it seems as if things went the way Juan expected in court today. He was looking for late September, and while JS would not commit to an exact date, she indicated her desire for trial start date in line with JM's thinking.

JM has a high profile case scheduled to start on July 31. He would not be ready/available for the next phase in CMJA's case any time in August. IIRC, it took 2 to 3 weeks to select the jury for the first trial, so one should expect as much if not more time.

I have confidence that JM briefed Travis's family in advance about his projected outcome from today's court proceedings. I take it as a good sign that things went as he had hoped and no unusual delay was granted to the defense.

Yes. And if in fact the Family wants to go for death, It is what it is and I am sure they would rather wait than just take it off the table. I know it is not their choice ultimately.. It is what it is.

I want 12 new jurors that can see through her bs .. not buy it.

erhaps the State is as unsure as I, that JSS would give her LWOP. She has been so licky licky throughout this trial. Allowing things just because the defense requested it, all the ex-parte meetings, so many closed door hearings, allowing witnesses to disrespect the State (JM), not working complete days...the list goes on and on....I just have a feeling JSS would NOT give her LWOP

So the defense wants extra time to reply to the state's reply to their motion to take the DP off the table.....

And the defense filed motions today?

Anyone know what those motions are?

JA's appearance in court today: :giggle:

attachment.php

Attachments

• JA_chains.jpg
    JA_chains.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 520
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics