16 July 2013 status conference discussion thread

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by nursebeeme, Jul 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gcharlie

gcharlie Well-Known Member

Like your observations. IMO, TA was becoming increasingly concerned about CMJA's behavior and was doing his best to try to distance himself. Just days after this email, he and Regan were texting back and forth about CMJA's stalking, with TA saying he was extremely afraid.

Wish JM would/could focus more on this email. It helps to counter a lot of what was emphasized in trial. What really blows my mind is that it appears that this email may have been withheld from ALV. She made no mention of it, according to my notes and I was very attentive to her timeline testimony of the last several months of TA's life.

Think about the date of this email and when it falls within events of which we have knowledge:

-5/10 Sex tape
    -5/10 Angry exchange of texts & IMs re: “Steve” text.
    -5/15 Pix of JA and sister, Angela, on Helio phone. JA light brunette with blonde highlights.
    -5/17 or 5/18- Helio phone “stolen”
    -5/19 Travis and Regan text, discuss stalking. Travis very afraid.
    -5/22 JA journal entry. Good news: has received new cell phone to replace missing one that was stolen; “mortified…hugely scandalous text from him (10 pages) that he sent last week…1 or 2 recorded conversations”. Also writes about “the conversation” with Travis.
    -5/26 Travis texts JA with explosive “sociopath” message, ending with “You are the worst thing that ever happened to me.
    -5/27 Travis shows text of 5/26 to friend Taylor Searle, who asks him if he is afraid. JA’s journal entry (per ALV) talks of plans to see Ryan Burns.
    -5/28 25 caliber handgun stolen from JA’s grandparent’s home; break-in reported around 3:30 pm. Email from JA to Travis first mention of Cancun.
    -5/30 JA journal (per ALV) plans for following week to spend a couple of days with Ryan Burns. Verizon phone records show no contact between TA & JA.
    -5/31 Verizon phone records show no contact between TA & JA.
    -6/1 JA journal with long entry. Per ALV, subject is going to visit Darryl, Matt and Ryan. Entry talks about mentioning trip to Travis, who is guilting her into coming to Mesa, but JA stands ground. Per ALV, JA said she had talked to Travis on the phone on 6/1 telling him about her plans to see Ryan, however Verizon phone records show no contact between TA & JA on this date. ALV says text messages are conversational.
    -6/2 JA calls Travis 4 times from 1 am to 3 am; all calls are very brief. Travis makes 2 back to back calls (from 3 to 4 am) to JA lasting almost one hour.

2. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

I'm sure those "haters" will be very willing to clap her all the way to the death chamber.
    So, is it still her "friend" who's tweeting for her?

3. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

Just perfect, Mrs. G....just perfect!

4. Tuba

Tuba New Member

Yesterday's reporting was somewhat misleading. The State filing of objection to the defense delays was made June 17. That was 5 days after 2014 was sought by Will Not & Nor Me. The content of State's objection has been published by ABC15 as of the date it was filed. I even cast a chart for it back then. There is apparently no new objection; it simply begs a ruling.

5. Jasper52

Jasper52 Well-Known Member

WOW, thanks for posting that email. I can only echo the sentiments already expressed above with the exception of the ole' saying "With friends like that, who needs enemies?"

Poor Travis...

6. Liebchenmutti

Liebchenmutti Court Junkie

I can't remember exactly--it was either discussed by ALV on the stand, or Jodi did. It was in testimony & Jodi wanted Travis to read and discuss the email & he said that he had read it twice and still couldn't understand her point--hopefully someone here can be more specific.

I'm thinking it's probably part of Jodi's cross exam by Juan.

7. Liebchenmutti

Liebchenmutti Court Junkie

I think I just was reacting to her whole Twitter temper-tantrum. I just can't wait until she's put away in a hole somewhere for the rest of her life & we can discuss Juan Martinez' next case & not her! :please:

8. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

ALV...

:floorlaugh:

9. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I'm so happy when I check in and hear almost nothing about JA and what she thinks and what she says. Ahhh...A breath of fresh air. She's in there. She's locked up. Who cares how long the banter goes on about her situation as long as she's jailed and and quiet.

moo

10. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

Is this email for real? The only reason I ask is that the person who typed it (perhaps?) spelled defense..."defence" (british spelling?). I wonder if they did copy it if we ever saw the original. Anyone know?

11. rose222

rose222 Active Member

Excellent post. Also, the reason Travis' friends treated JA as though she were inferior is because they realized how utterly creepy and crazy she was. Remember the Hughes initially supported JA. It's too bad that Travis' friends realized that JA was capable of violence but Travis did not. In the end his naivety cost him his life.

12. rose222

rose222 Active Member

It is the British version of defense. Some spell checks automatically change defense to defence.

13. rose222

rose222 Active Member

Yes! JA was not ok with losing Travis in any way. Why then did she write that mail? She wanted attention. She wanted Travis to reassure her that he was going to fight for her, remain friends and maybe more...

Travis was not at fault at all. He seems to have made it clear that she was not girlfriend material. I think he realized pretty early on that JA was not even friend material. He didn't know how to get rid of her. She threw herself at him hoping he'd atleast sleep with her which he did. JA herself admits that Travis bought her food, loaned her money etc. Travis was too kind and sweet to be blunt with JA and get rid of her for good. Something happened in April/May of 2008 (I think she blackmailed him with the sex tapes) that finally forced Travis to get stern with her. Even that attempt was pathetic. He didn't throw her out on June 3rd/4th. She murdered him.

14. MeeBee

MeeBee Active Member

This timeline is really interesting. To me it seems end of April-beginning of June she just went crazy and the whole month was just a whirlwind of psycho. I honestly think she thought about killing Travis long before she stole the gun from her gp's. Who knows what she was trying to accomplish with the sex tape and that long text Travis sent, but it was definitely something. Her cryptic journal entries show that. The way she writes about them has me convinced that she manipulated Travis into those things so she could use them later. That long, sexy text he sent her never sat right with me. Why would he do that? And he'd never, from what we've seen, wrote something quite like that to her before.

We know he was already getting scared of her because she was hacking his accounts and acting very odd. It seems that month was just a crescendo to the explosion on June 4th. Oh my god, why why why did he let her in that day, let alone sleep with her?

I think I also read somewhere that one of his roommates said that the reason Travis was up so early that morning was because he felt scared of something and was trying to drive out evil or something to that effect.

15. Myvice

Myvice Well-Known Member

I would love to hear the background story on how the sex tape was entered into evidence. I understand that Juan deferred to it being Travis but there were things in it that just didn't jive for me.

Also a text the same day referred to being tied to a tree by someone else if I remember right. If you were engaging in a sex tape I can't imagine you would bring up a sore subject. The whole thing was so phony IMO.

16. wsreader

wsreader Member

I understand your point Mrs. G. I also agree with a lot of the posts from WSers about their interactions and mistakes he made. In no way do I think it was his fault. I think she manipulated him and he had no idea what kind of monster he was dealing with. It's sad to me that Travis had no point of reference from dealing with anyone as evil, selfish, and manipulative as she was. The love that his previous girlfriends still had for him speaks volumes.
    I watched the trial with my son always on my mind. He also has a big heart and tends to give people the benefit of the doubt. I am horrified that someone like her could someday cross paths with him. The whole thing was heartbreaking to watch, wasn't it? It's scary that people like her are out there in the world with us and people that we love.

17. LambChop

LambChop Former Member

It does seem strange defense wants to put off the trial until January, 2014. What could be the reason???? I did happen to notice that JA had her hair up in a bun for court and there still seems to be quite a bit of hair on her head. One of her mitigating factors was how she has donated her hair 3 times, was it, to Locks of Love. Her hair is long past the cutting point to donate so what stops her from cutting her hair now?

18. OEJ

OEJ Well-Known Member

Wow! Way to show remorse, Jodi. It's things like this that make me want the death penalty in this case.

19. geevee

geevee Well-Known Stickie

LOL Maybe the spellchecker thought she was speaking The Queen's English. :facepalm:

I think she spelled it that way on her own, another one of her passive manipulation tugs to get him to respond and to subliminally remind him she was being the Bigger one, she was severing the friendship because *his* friends didn't like her, not because she didn't like him. She plays so many mind games and believed at one point that the pen was mighter than the sword.

20. thefragile7393

thefragile7393 Chronically sleep deprived

I can't say thank you enough. A voice of reason.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.