16 July 2013 status conference discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 39:56 JM begins asking Heather about the contents of the washer:

Jodi Aris Trial : Day 2 : 2 Of 2 : Evidence Reviewed (No Sidebars) - YouTube

The evidence bag the camera was in (and marked 215) had a power cord in it that was not found in the washer, JSS had it remarked as item 214 and rebagged without the cord.

At 47:10 Heather says "There was a memory card inside the washer that was also collected."

Exhibit #215 is the blue rectangular memory stick that was collected from inside the washing machine.

So Melendez says the camera had a stick in it (which contained deleted and undeleted pictures), and Heather says they collected the blue one from inside the machine.

Exhibit #220 is the digital camera door, that Heather found at the bottom of the washing machine.

JM never shows Heather a picture of the Sony card on the washer (marker 37)*, and she only mentions the blue card, they move on to marker #39 and the clothing contents of the washer (exhibit 216).

*ETA Maybe marker 37 is the blue rectangular card, it looks square like the Sony card is but on further thought it must be the blue one and the camera must still have the Sony card in it as the blue one doesn't fit a Sony camera. I gotta give this up for tonight, it's too late and my thought are muddying.

ETA#2: I didn't wait long enough, he does show her the pic with marker 37 and she states it is the blue memory card found in the washer.

Do I think she intentionally threw the sim cards into the washer? Nope. I think she was cleaning up and destroying DNA evidence and happened to gather up the cards and camera into the sheets. Re sex pics - I recall seeing a pix of what was supposedly TA holding himself erect but if you compared the shape of the fingers in that photo to other pics which showed his hands, they very obviously aren't the same person. Further, if you compare the pix to one showing (senior moment - the guy she got the gas cans from), they seem to match perfectly. Re her very posed nudie pics - nothing that I see could prevent those from having been taken with a camera that was set up to automatically take them when placed on a table, dresser, etc. Re pics of TA in shower - Until the water spots photo where he looks directly out of the shower, I see no pics where he is obviously even aware that she is taking them. My one and only question, that I've never been able to find an answer to, is if date stamps are only recorded when a specific camera takes a pix or if it would also date stamp them when pix were uploaded and the camera memory stick received them. Direct uploading could be by USB cord, or push image transfer.

Because LE found 2 memory sticks, we know that there were 2 or more there. We also know that both were gathered up with sheets and put in the washer. If we guess that 2 were on the bed where all the intimate pics were supposedly taken, ya just gotta wonder why 2 incompatible sticks and one camera? There seems to be more to it than happenstance. I'm just not smart enough to figure it out.

Something else from last night's rewatch of Heather's testimony, JM showed her item 220* the camera's back door that was collected from the washer:

camerabackdoor_zpsfdf94e92.jpg

Melendez had the camera in his hands during testimony and JM asked him how the camera was when he got it, he said it appeared as it is now, all together except the shutter button which was loose.

How then does JM have in a separate evidence bag, the camera's back door?

ETA: I don't know how that 3:29 little pic came with the camera back door, Heather was testifying when the back door was shown and I took the screenshot, I'll have to go look at that and see why it came on the ss. lol

*Rewatching, camera back door corrected as item #220.

Great observation about the memory stick. I had not realized that the memory stick did not belong to Travis's Sony. For those who are interested, below is an image that shows the Sony memory stick (top) and the memory stick entered into evidence (bottom). The Sony memory stick picture is a stock photo of the memory stick for that particular camera; I researched the camera and found the specs for the original memory card.

The nude photos and the shower photos were recovered from the internal storage of the Sony, not from any external storage device.

No wonder you question the memory stick that was entered into evidence. I am very curious about it as well. What camera did it fit? What was on it and why did it end up in the washing machine? With this information that is new to me, I now believe it was entirely possible that CMJA did transfer images onto TA's camera. Before, I considered that very far fetched, involving too much time and advance planning.

I have always been in the camp that believed the camera was intentionally put in the washer in an attempt to appear to destroy evidence. Given that the memory stick does not belong to the Sony, I am even more convinced that both items were purposefully put into the washing machine.

BBM

I am guilty of spreading false information!!! Oops!

I went back and listened to Melendez's testimony on January 14 and he stated that he was unable to obtain any images off the camera. Melendez removed the memory stick from the camera; the only visible damage to the camera was to the shutter release button. He further explained that he tried to ghost the memory stick and that did not yield any images. If I understand his testimony correctly, he directly obtained the images from the memory stick using a card reader, USB cable and PC.

Mea culpa. Apologies for the misinformation.

This is a little bit better pic of the back door:

camerabackdoor2_zps9e726f61.jpg

How it is at the same time on the camera when Melendez is holding it during testimony and in an evidence bag when Heather is testifying?

Here's Melendez holding up the camera while explaining how to delete pics, you can see the back, I can't see a missing door, does it fit on the bottom?:

camincourt2_zps10c99239.jpg

since the hearing is over this thread is now closed. The next hearing is 26 August. We will open another topical thread at that point in time. See you all at the sidebar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member