16 Year Anniversary of the Terror Attacks on 9/11/01

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
16 years? No way. It seems like maybe a year or two.

This tragic and horrific event is so vivid in our minds. The fear, panic, sadness. It all comes rushing back at the mere mention of 9/11.

I remember telling my then 5-year-old son to remember this day because what happened "today" would affect the rest of his life.

Trying to explain what happened to a small child without making her/him terrified is difficult but it is interesting how their little brains handle information on an event like 9/11.

My son drew big pictures on his easel in his room. He drew the planes going toward the twin towers but at the last second one tower leaned left and the other tower leaned right and the planes did not hit them but flew through the space between the buildings. He also drew the firemen rescuing everyone before the planes hit.

Both pictures had the same theme: Everyone saved.

Our world changed on 9/11/2001. We lost so many loved ones. Just typing this makes me want to go to bed, crying and stay in bed until I feel OK to come out to face the world.

My love and positive thoughts to all of those affected by 9/11. Whether you were a victim who survived, your loved one passed, a loved one who was the first responder only to become sick in the later years, and to all those affected by 9/11 please know we are with you. We are one. At least for today.

Tricia

https://www.911memorial.org/anniversary

I highly doubt any news organization will even mention 9/11 tomorrow.

So, thank you Tricia!!! Your heart is in the right place.

Shannon Adams. R.I.P.

It was a beautiful day in the Northeast.

16 years? No way. It seems like maybe a year or two.

This tragic and horrific event is so vivid in our minds. The fear, panic, sadness. It all comes rushing back at the mere mention of 9/11.

I remember telling my then 5-year-old son to remember this day because what happened "today" would affect the rest of his life.

Trying to explain what happened to a small child without making her/him terrified is difficult but it is interesting how their little brains handle information on an event like 9/11.

My son drew big pictures on his easel in his room. He drew the planes going toward the twin towers but at the last second one tower leaned left and the other tower leaned right and the planes did not hit them but flew through the space between the buildings. He also drew the firemen rescuing everyone before the planes hit.

Both pictures had the same theme: Everyone saved.

Our world changed on 9/11/2002. We lost so many loved ones. Just typing this makes me want to go to bed, crying and stay in bed until I feel OK to come out to face the world.

My love and positive thoughts to all of those affected by 9/11. Whether you were a victim who survived, your loved one passed, a loved one who was the first responder only to become sick in the later years, and to all those affected by 9/11 please know we are with you. We are one. At least for today.

Tricia

https://www.911memorial.org/anniversary
Thanks for the thread Tricia. If only everyone had been saved!

I hate to be a stickler but it happened in 2001, not 2002. Simple typo!

Thanks for the thread Tricia. If only everyone had been saved!

I hate to be a stickler but it happened in 2001, not 2002. Simple typo!
You are not a stickler. You saved me from embarrassing myself so thank you.
Darn fat fingers!!:)

It was just after lunch, our time, that it happened.
We had a tv in a waiting area in our building and someone popped out from there to say that a plane had hit a skyscraper in New York.
That was very tragic and dramatic news of itself but like everyone else we thought it was an accident until the news of the second plane got to us.
That's when it became really scary even to us, 3,000 miles away in a different country.
September 11 2001 seems a very long time ago when I think of all that's happened since but the vividness of the memories of that day and those
that followed make it seem very recent.

I always remember being out with my family somewhere or other that day and we got home, the news came on with "Breaking News". And I will always, always remember my Mom saying "What's happened now?!"

Horrible that these awful events are so frequent that we have to think "not again".

I fell asleep with the television on. I woke up on the morning of the 11th and could not believe what was happening. It was hard to absorb what I was witnessing.
I later found out that both my kids were in lower Manhattan that day. One of them wanted to stay and watch. The other one said no. We are leaving. Thank God.

In Loving Memory of all the victims that lost their lives on 9/11 and the Families that are left behind to grieve them, Love will always triumph over such evil, <3
[video=youtube;jpCa7Ay596M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpCa7Ay596M[/video]

[video=youtube;jpCa7Ay596M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpCa7Ay596M[/video]

I'll never forget the horror or what I was doing when the second plane hit the WTC. I was getting ready for work and I froze, sat down on my bed and didn't move for hours.

I remember the horror and fear, but most of all I remember feeling tremendous pride and unity with my fellow Americans. US flags were proudly displayed everywhere, I stood in line for an hour to buy one for my car. We rebuilt and we moved on, but we've never been the same (IMO), in our unity as Americans as we were in the days and months following September 11, 2001. I pray for a time when we all come together and feel that pride and love of country again. God bless America, God bless the USA.

Lee Greenwood 10/31/2001
https://youtu.be/PvPgYLhOq24

IMG_3998.JPG

I hate today. I am on the verge of tears all day. Every year.
So much was lost. My community lost so many.

This is hate. We are better than that.

Peace & love. If just for today.

Wow, I cannot believe it was 16 years ago. RIP to those who lost their lives :cry: :rose: :grouphug:

I highly doubt any news organization will even mention 9/11 tomorrow.

So, thank you Tricia!!! Your heart is in the right place.

CNN had live coverage of President Trump speaking at Pentagon memorial ceremony, followed by Vice President Pence speaking in Shanksville, PA. There was also live coverage of the moment of silence observed at 8:46am in New York and names of victims were being read aloud by family members.

I remember every night for weeks afterwards, sitting in front of the TV in horror and grief as they dug through the rubble. I still feel the pain of it today. Bless all the families who will feel today with immense grief.

Just out of curiosity, do any of you know when they started reading the names of the dead from the 1993 WTC bombing along with the dead of 9/11 at the WTC ceremony?

Thanks.

Today 16 years ago I was on my 2nd wedding anniversary on the other side the world to America. I saw it on live TV in the UK. It was what I thought was an American Movie on a big screen TV. I continued ordering my drink and chattering to my OH.

We were soon woken up to the reality of the situation by fellow Customers in the pub.

My Husband and I were in Dartmouth UK on 9/11 or UK time 11/9

Our thoughts and prayers are to all those that lost loved ones, To all those emergency services and to all the unsung heroes that made a difference on that day.

Such a sad and shocking day to remember.

Kind Regards to all those affected by 9/11

Reacher and Family x

Always remembered.

Sillybilly :canada:

To all the victims living and deceased, my heart is with you today and always. &#10084;&#65039;

[emoji202]MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back