16-year-old Whale Rider Actress Pregnant

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by southcitymom, Oct 6, 2006.

1. southcitymom

southcitymom New Member

Young 'Whale Rider' Actress Pregnant

NEW YORK — Keisha Castle-Hughes is growing up fast. The 16-year-old actress, who was nominated for a best-actress Oscar for her role in 2002's "Whale Rider," is expecting a baby in the spring, the agency that represents her confirmed Friday.

The father is her boyfriend of three years, Bradley Hull, 19.

Keisha Castle-Hughes is shown at the Kodak Theatre for the 76th Annual Academy Awards ceremony in Los Angeles in this 2004 file photo. (AP Photo/Chris Pizzello, FILE)

Castle-Hughes, who was born in Australia, played the Queen of Naboo in last year's "Star Wars: Episode III — Revenge of the Sith." She will be seen next as Mary in "The Nativity Story," set for release Dec. 1.

http://www.accessatlanta.com/entertainment/content/shared-gen/ap/Movies/People_Castle_Hughes.html

2. Loading...

3. Tristan

Tristan New Member

Sixteen is SO young to have a baby! She's lucky she has money from acting to help support the child.

How ironic that she's playing "Mary" in the Nativity movie.

4. Becba

Becba Former Member

I wonder if they will marry. It is awfully young, but what's done is done. It should be a happy occasion to be celebrated.

5. englishleigh

englishleigh Authentic Southern Belle

I applaud her for not just getting rid of it. Like Becba, I hope they marry and have a happy life together. They've been a couple for three years so hopefully they will make it.

6. Peter Hamilton

Peter Hamilton New Member

"Her boyfriend of three years"---three years? So she was 13 when they started dating??

7. Sheromom

Sheromom New Member

LOL; I know how you feel. I encouraged my own daughters to do their own thing for as long as possible and neither WANTED a boyfriend until seventeen; thankfully. But I do volunteer work in the schools and, believe me, this is the norm now.