17 Year Old Lashonda Childs murdered by 28y/o EX "boyfriend"

Discussion in 'Crimes That Should Be In The News' started by Bothsides, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Bothsides

Bothsides Active Member

This is my first thread.
    I'm not sure about anything, so if I did something wrong please correct it for me. I searched the victim's name here and nothing came up.

LaShonda Childs killed, former boyfriend arrested in Dayton

This story is insane to me. I stumbled on it looking into missing Kierra Coles' case.
    Since then I have been on Lashonda's FB page and am flabbergasted at her cries for help that went ignored and just as floored by the dynamics of the whole situation which were made very public by most parties involved.

Seems like Lashonda was an open book.

I thought being in OHIO I would be able to find court footage, but I haven't yet.

The age of consent is 16 in OH and it seems as though the killer lied to her about being younger and not many are focused on the fact that he was sleeping with and in a violent relationship with a kid 10 years younger than him.

SBM

"LaShonda Childs, 17, died early Wednesday morning after she was shot Tuesday and driven to Grandview Medical Center. Childs called 911 before the shooting, giving the dispatcher a Shoop Avenue address and Trendell Goodwin’s name and description."

SAD set of circumstances that reads like a horrible lifetime movie. I pray her family can find peace and healing.

DV is heartbreaking.

2. glamourkitty1922

glamourkitty1922 Well-Known Member

Oh, that is so horrible!

3. 2Hope4

2Hope4 Well-Known Member

Family of LaShonda Childs wants justice to be served in shooting death

The death of 17-year-old LaShonda Childs has been “devastating” for her mother, and her family hopes that other women will avoid a similar fate.

“It’s very devastating,” Nina Childs, LaShonda’s mother, said. “It’s something that will be devastating for the rest of my life.”

Goodwin and LaShonda started dating last September, according to Nina. Shortly after, LaShonda realized Goodwin was not 20, as he initially told her, and Goodwin started showing concerning behavior.

Around January and February, Goodwin bit LaShonda hard enough to draw blood, according to Nina.

She said Goodwin would also steal LaShonda’s phones and harass LaShonda and her family.

MUCH MORE IN THE LINK!

4. 2Hope4

2Hope4 Well-Known Member

Nina also said that her daughter eventually confided in her about how Goodwin treated her.

“LaShonda told me, ‘You know mom he made me walk from our house to his house with a gun pointed at my back. I was scared for my life as well as my family’s life,’” Nina said.
    Family of LaShonda Childs wants justice to be served in shooting death

Bothsides likes this.
  5. 2Hope4

2Hope4 Well-Known Member

LaShonda Childs posted about domestic violence before death
    Childs’ Sept. 21 post urged people to not ignore signs of domestic violence.

The entire post said:

“All jokes aside tho, everybody want a crazy n**** until he got you hiding & dodging bullets. If you see the signs don't ignore it y'all. Domestic violence is real not just in movies. This n**** done broke several phones, busted windows out, followed me from my house to wherever, bit me several times, threw me into walls, made me walk places with a gun to my back, put all my stuff in a sewer, held me hostage in a house & didn't let me leave, sat & waited at abandoned houses & watched me, pulled my whole sew in off leaving bald spots all that, now he done set my hair on fire & shot my house up that ain't even half the s*** he did but I'm telling y'all that ain't where it's at If y'all see the signs don't ignore it i should've left that n**** a long time ago now I ain't even safe in my own house..”

“If y’all really believe this s*** y’all sick,” read a comment by Goodwin. “This the 12th or 13th time she said I did something but still coming back. Stop it.”

Trendell Goodwin had history of violence against LaShonda Childs

On Feb. 19, 2018, Goodwin was arrested after Childs told police Goodwin hit her in the face and bit her left shoulder during an argument about text messages involving another woman.
    “Childs had a fresh bite mark on her left shoulder,” a Dayton police officer wrote. “The left side of her face was swollen where she claimed Goodwin hit her. She also had had abrasions on the right side of her neck and her nose was bleeding at one point.”
    Goodwin was arrested that day. Dayton Municipal Court and jail records show Goodwin served 19 days of a 180-day sentence for misdemeanor assault. Goodwin also was ordered not to have contact with Childs, received home detention and was ordered to receive counseling.

EXCLUSIVE: Man arrested in teen’s shooting death has history of abuse allegations
    LaShonda Childs, 17, died early Wednesday morning after she was shot Tuesday and driven to Grandview Medical Center. Childs called 911 before the shooting, giving the dispatcher a Shoop Avenue address and Trendell Goodwin’s name and description.

“This dude got a gun pointed to my boyfriend’s head,” Childs told the 911 dispatcher on Tuesday. “I’ve got a restraining order on him. The police told me to call when I see him. I gave you the address. Can’t you just send somebody out there? I’m scared. He’s got a gun. I can’t talk … I can’t talk. I’m in a bad situation.”

Bothsides likes this.
  6. 2Hope4

2Hope4 Well-Known Member

Exclusive: Teen shooting victim previously wrote letter to judge supporting suspect: ‘We are both past this’

Five months ago, Childs told a judge she loved Goodwin.

“He’s really not a bad guy,” Childs wrote in an April 23, 2018 letter to Dayton Municipal Court Judge Daniel Gehres. “We went through a rough patch in a life together, which resulted in a huge mess. I am willing and ready to patch our relationship and friendship back up.

“I could honestly say I love and miss him dearly. I wouldn’t want to see him in jail, it’s not for him; a genuinely kind hearted, family oriented man.”

Bothsides likes this.
  7. 2Hope4

2Hope4 Well-Known Member

A Christmas Eve 2017 report shows Childs told Dayton police that Goodwin again accused her of texting another man, dumped a drink on her and attempted to drag her out of a vehicle by her feet.

There also were Dayton police reports involving disputes between them in January, February and March 2018.

About a month after the April 2018 letter, Childs’ mother reported to police that Goodwin threatened to kill the teen. On July 18, 2018, LaShonda Childs was accused of pepper-spraying Goodwin’s sister in the face after asking where her brother was. That case was ongoing in Montgomery County Juvenile Court when Childs died.

Keiffer said a victim attempting to lash out at her boyfriend is rare, as is putting non-cryptic domestic violence posts online.
    Exclusive: Teen shooting victim previously wrote letter to judge supporting suspect: ‘We are both past this’

Bothsides likes this.
  8. 2Hope4

2Hope4 Well-Known Member

Bothsides likes this.
  9. Bothsides

Bothsides Active Member

Thank you @2Hope4

A tragedy. It is something else to see it all unfold in retrospect. Unnerving.

2Hope4 likes this.
  10. glamourkitty1922

glamourkitty1922 Well-Known Member

The ex got 18 years to life for her murder.

Baciagalupo likes this.