17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it could be but it is a new system per link I just posted and since they might have to rely on those tapes for evidence.....I think they have it set right!

Earlier someone asked about the 4 hour discrepancy. I hadn't seen the time stamp on the video at that point and asked if it could be GMT. That's probably where that idea came from.

So horrible for his parents to know all of this. How crushing to know that their child was of no value as a human being to some. God, I know that hurts and they will take that pain to their grave!
I so agree with you!!! My heart aches for Trayvon's parents they are victims too.. IMHO

As I've stated before, there is no "on duty" or "off duty" when it comes to an NWP. It's not like Citizens on Patrol. It's a very informal program where you're just agreeing to be extra vigilant and report weird things to the police. You're essentially always "on duty", which is where my question comes from.

And all I'm saying is you use your ears, eyes and phone. A gun is not necessary...

Okay, so let's cut to the chase: Let's say the legal answer is "no you can never have your gun on you." What then? Let's say the legal answer is "yes you can always have your gun on you." What then?

I'm failing to see where this is going, except on aforementioned little side trip?
It was just a general curiosity, for which I'm seeing I can't get any straightforward answers. People keep talking about how he was neighborhood watch, so he wasn't allowed by the rules... But then can't articulate when a person that happens to be a member of a neighborhood watch program can act like a citizen with all the rights it comes with.

I'll go ahead and drop it now. :)

It was just a general curiosity, for which I'm seeing I can't get any straightforward answers. People keep talking about how he was neighborhood watch, so he wasn't allowed by the rules... But then can't articulate when a person that happens to be a member of a neighborhood watch program can act like a citizen with all the rights it comes with.

I'll go ahead and drop it now. :)

I don't recall. Do we know whether or not he identified himself as neighborhood watch when he made the call?

Yay! Good to have you on the case! :D

It's like a family reunion? I told myself I wasn't going to get involved in another case either, but here I am, waiting for a doc. dump!!

We are all crazy! :floorlaugh:

GZ's brother looks nothing like him. He fears for his life because he says he looks just like his brother.

BBM

I don't think this is true.

GZ did look thinner to me in that police video I saw last night.

Thinner than the picture I had seen of him on all the links. His hair looked shorter too, in the video.

It's like a family reunion? I told myself I wasn't going to get involved in another case either, but here I am, waiting for a doc. dump!!

We are all crazy! :floorlaugh:
We gotta have an arrest before we can even talk about a doc dump!!!!

lol

I don't believe that NWP members punch a time clock but I may be wrong. Does joining a NWP mean that you must sacrifice any rights that you would normally have?
No, and I have stated this earlier in the thread. I don't have to give up my gun because I don't have one.

I don't recall. Do we know whether or not he identified himself as neighborhood watch when he made the call?

I don't think he did, he prefaced his call making a statement about break-ins/burglaries in the neighborhood.

Tulessa, this NWP does not have a person who is assigned to be on duty. They are strickly you see something report it. No one has any power to do anything other than what you would normally do and that's call 911. They do have a service where citizens are on patrol but they are forbidden to carry a firearm while on duty. They can only have a radio. This community is not affiliated with the patrolling group which is sanctioned by LE and their patrols are outside this community on the public streets.

How are you holding up?????

Rough, very rough day today. Jury selection starts Monday, the trial will follow immediately. Thanks for asking LC. :)

Question:

Have we seen any type of confirmation that Wolfinger went to the actual crime scene? Or did he just meet with Lee and O'Connor in a private office at the station?

So if he/his wife was an actual owner, you'd... Not be okay with it... Let me rephrase.

If I was a homeowner in your neighborhood, would you be okay with me carrying my weapon if I went out for a stroll? (I promise I'm a responsible gun owner)

LOL, it has a lot to do with whether or not your gun is MAGENTA in color.

Personally, I don't have a lot of use for hand guns in general. I'm an avid hunter and certainly own my share of rifles and shotguns so I'm not at all anti guns.

Seriously, if you and I found ourselves living in a gated community where we each were concerned about criminals invading our surroundings, the answer is NO, I would have no problem with a responsible approach to try and alleviate the situation. As another owner, your interest is my interest and vice versa.

I understand that when merely observing and reporting, it shouldn't enter the picture. I totally get that. I'm saying that a lot of people have brought up that when you're a member of/acting as a part of the neighborhood watch program, you're not supposed to carry a gun.

If he was on active duty that night then no, he could not have his gun with him. If he was not then he was free to carry his gun as a form of protection under the law.

None of the above, and yeah I consider it 24/7. If I hear a loud noise or screaming in the middle of the night, I'm going to call it in! My next door neighbor, but across a tiny street, had a car crash into his car parked in front of his house at 3a.m. You better believe I called that one in! My DD slept through it!
Ok. So no contract, no limitations on guns or other weapons. But on the watch 24/7. Got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueSmurf1