17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
It became weird for me when SB said "they" killed her son and now "they" are trying to kill his reputation. I understand her wanting to blame GZ, but I don't understand who else she feels was involved in his death.

The plural pronoun "they" is now so commonly used to indicate the "unnamed" singular, I'm not sure it means anything any more.

But she may have meant GZ and people like him in the first instance, the media and those defending GZ in the second.

I'm not sure why we parse the vocabulary choices of grieving parents and stepparents as if they were professional diplomats or were reading remarks prepared by paid speechwriters.

What would GZ have known about TM's public persona or behavioral history to make him legitimately suspicious? Apparently it was the very first time he'd seen TM.

By all appearances GZ considered himself to be quite justified and legitimately suspicious because TM was a black male walking outside but I beg to differ.

Do you feel school security was looking at the color of Trayvon's skin when he made the statement that TM was acting sneaky and suspicious -- When he turned out to be right?

"Taaffe said Zimmerman was so normal that he came across as though he were “an engineer from Lockheed Martin.” He did not show up to homeowner association meetings Rambo-style “wearing a bandana around his head with a bowie knife sticking out of his pocket,” Taaffe said."

It’s unclear what Zimmerman, who is married, does for a living, although he once owned a pressure washing company.
“an engineer from Lockheed Martin.” where does he come up with this stuff?
:giggle:

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/...n-a-habitual.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

Guess those kids can consider themselves lucky IF he just used a regular hose on them.. He could have used the pressure washer hose on them..JMHO

Wow, if this is true, just wow!

According to NBC News correspondent Mara Schiavocampo, George Zimmerman has launched a new website:

Mara Schiavocampo@maracamp
Zimmerman's attorneys have confirmed the site is operated & authorized by him RT @thinkprogress:mad:maracamp How do you know this is authentic?
9 Apr 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite
On the website — — Zimmerman solicits donations to support his “living expenses and legal defense.” He also features a photo of a vandalized black cultural center at Ohio State University.

I saw this too but am very leery about it thinking her twitter may have been hacked??? Seems hinky but one never knows!!!

I don't understand - did they think anyone was under the impression a conviction was possible without an arrest and charges??

The parents are not saying that George Zimmerman is guilty.

They are not even saying that he should necessarily be convicted.

I think the parents are smart enough to know that a conviction would come at the hands of a jury, and they know the rest of America knows that as well. I don't see a problem with the parent's statements thus far...

JMO IMO MOO

Is thinkprogress MSM?
I've never heard of that site.

The plural pronoun "they" is now so commonly used to indicate the "unnamed" singular, I'm not sure it means anything any more.

But she may have meant GZ and people like him in the first instance, the media and those defending GZ in the second.

I'm not sure why we parse the vocabulary choices of grieving parents and stepparents as if they were professional diplomats or were reading remarks prepared by paid speechwriters.

Thankfully ABC didn't enhance unintelligible muttering of their's nor did NBC edit their words to demonize them. We've parsed and dissected every word of the 911 call but the inconsistent statements by the girlfriend about a call that is just as important is glossed over and hardly mentioned.

I'm not sure if they would, there is no evidence that states TM was even wearing grills at the time of his death. GZ never stated he had been bitten either , so its really a moot point. :moo:
I was just seeking information on the subject. :)

If no amount of money is worth his life (which I don't think any amount is worth a life), why sue and obtain trademarks? Makes no sense to me.

Fact is, GZ deserves/needs justice because everyone deserves justice. We do NOT know if TM was killed in self defense. I think his rights have been violated because of his treatment by certain activist groups, and the incorrect info put out about him in the media, threats, pranks, the media speculation, etc. This was initially portrayed as an open and shut case of a deranged killer who wanted to murder a black person for no reason...yet we now know it's not quite that simple.

Ultimately, I think GZ's rights will be violated because he will be prosecuted based on public pressure, not actual evidence. I'm not one who buys into the extensive, high-reaching conspiracy theory, or that the SPD decided not to charge GZ because his dad is a judge, or because the community has a history of racism. There has been no evidence of any of those things being the case. I'm sure the officers of SPD and their families love hearing these accusations and implications on a daily basis.

I don't for one second think he would have shot TM if he didn't think his life was in danger. jmo

If you back up a step, it was really initially declared a simple self defense case by Wolfinger who drove 50+ miles on a rainy Sunday night to overrule the decison of the lead investigator after little to no investigation - based mostly on GZ's word alone.

Yes, BOTH Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman deserve justice. Hopefully the thorough investigation being done now (that should have been done in the beginning) will determine whether he should be brought to trial where justice will hopefully prevail.

In all fairness, the SPD has a long history of corruption and wrongdoing as been discussed at length.

Were in not for the parents of Trayvon Martin bringing it to the public attention, we wouldn't even be discussing this case.

As always, MOO

When you put Fulton's phrase in context, it makes perfect sense.

"But what does Fulton believe is the most likely set of circumstances that led to her son being killed? "I believe that George Zimmerman hunted my son like an animal, tried to detain my son. My son tried to get away and because he could not detain my son, an altercation ensued and my son was shot and killed.""

Link

I'm inclined to agree with Trayvon's mother and for this reason I think he should be arrested and charged with First Degree Murder..JMHO

Do you feel school security was looking at the color of Trayvon's skin when he made the statement that TM was acting sneaky and suspicious -- When he turned out to be right?

Respectfully, the school security guard didn't shoot Trayvon, so this really isn't relevant, IMO.

Thinkprogress.com is a political blog according to wiki.

I don't think they are MSM.

Respectfully, besides media opinion, what is there to back this statement up? Keep in mind the new SA is investigating the SPD's investigation - IMO, that means the SPD did an investigation. If anything, what the family calls a "key" piece of evidence, the gf's phone statement, was not even known to SPD at for three weeks, and even then, the information was not made available to them. How can they be faulted for that? What else did they miss?

I believe we were told the new SA is doing her own investigation...starting from scratch. She can only rely on what SPD provides her, the ME, witness statements, original and now new statements because of the witness complaints to the media, GZ's medical reports, his written statements. Mr. Wolfinger made the decision that no further investigation was needed because GZ claimed SYG and under the law they could not press charges. At that point the case was dropped, was it not??? Had the Martin's not asked for help this would have been swept under the rug. Isn't that why Mr. Wolfinger stepped aside and Chief Lee is on leave. jmo

http://liberalforum.org/liberalforu...ridas-stand-your-ground-law-say/page__st__125

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆