17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah and this apology for the apology is another defense tactic... Hey, look how compassionate he is, he wanted to reach out for the family but now he's truly sorry he did because the family didn't want that...Isn't he the nicest guy?

I agree that I don't buy the 'he didn't know they didn't want to hear the apology' bit but MOM isn't stupid, all of this stuff is for a reason and if he was my attorney, I'd want him doing the same thing.

He is defending GZ and IMO is doing a pretty good job so far.

The radio show is different in that the rules of the discussion are not held to the links and discussions about minors the way WS is set up. So the answer to the question is above. We don't sleuth minors here and only discuss what is in MSM at the present time. If a link to some political blog was brought here and not caught by a mod someone should have alerted.

No one is bashed here. But if people go public and make statements their statements can be discussed. The difference here is that George's family has been very vocal. So their comments can certainly be discussed. There was only one statement made by the minor girlfriend. That statement can be discussed. However twitter, FB and all the rest is off limits so the discussion is not allowed. If the rule changes you will be told.

I wonder how many times GZ has called LE since the shooting of Trayvon Martin? It will be very interesting to see how often he calls LE (from wherever he is hiding out) now that his privilege to carry weapons has been revoked and he is bound to a curfew and a tracking device.

And just to be specific:
I am referring to calls to report suspicious people, noises and goings-on as opposed to his required check-in calls.

Like the alleged negative email that George sent to someone about Trayvon's father? JMO

:moo:

I can't wait to see what in the world Zimmerman had to say about Tracy Martin. It must be pretty bad if Bernie brought it up. I can't wait for the immunity hearing when Zimmerman is going to have to explain all of his lies and you know as well as I do that Bernie will capitalize on every single one.

~jmo~

A Message to MR GZ: "Please don't leave Florida."

I can't wait to see what in the world Zimmerman had to say about Tracy Martin. It must be pretty bad if Bernie brought it up. I can't wait for the immunity hearing when Zimmerman is going to have to explain all of his lies and you know as well as I do that Bernie will capitalize on every single one.

~jmo~

Do you know why it wasn't brought up on Friday? Was it an objection, or did the state just not go there?

I can't remember...

Well, If donations are pouring in to help cover legal fees and post bail for a person who IMHO has proven he is a liar in regards to the events leading up to him killing an unarmed 17 year old kid,

THEN JUST...

:ufo:

There isn't too much intelligent life here and for the most part our society is proving it places no value on human life.. As I see it...Spiritually bankrupt..JMHO

ITA. Have you read the comments posted on some of the articles posted online? They are just inundated with the most vile and vulgar racial comments. The sheer volume of them is shocking. Racism is alive and well in this country. It makes it difficult to have faith in humanity sometimes.

The unemployed Zimmerman, who surrendered Wednesday amid a national clamor for him to be charged, spent part of his first night in prison weeping in a protective-custody cell, according to a jail source quoted by ABC News.

“He’s frightened,” said his lawyer, Mark O’Mara, adding that he has not yet requested that bail be set for Zimmerman because the attorney does not know where the accused murderer, of white and Hispanic descent, can live safely if he’s released.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nation...von_ayer_DaZv0jvRPcpVa34zkRBOtO#ixzz1ss1fYJy3

ITA. Have you read the comments posted on some of the articles posted online? They are just inundated with the most vile and vulgar racial comments. The sheer volume of them is shocking. Racism is alive and well in this country. It makes it difficult to have faith in humanity sometimes.

I would be willing to bet that some of those donations have been given by normal people, not racists, that feel GZ acted in self defense.

Not everyone who supports GZ is a racist.
JMO

~jmo~

JMO/IMO.
Pondering here...MOM is a very good defense attorney. I haven't been able to figure out the why's of putting Z on the stand for the ambush "apology" since it happened. I forgot about the alleged email. If that email to the murder victim's father has any content that is cruel/nasty/vicious then Z would never be able to "apologize" without looking absurd.
MOM and Z might have felt the needed to grab the earliest opportunity they could to check off the "I'm sorry box" ...even though they knew it would look insensitive and self-serving. They had to get it in, while they could.

I'm leaning toward believing there is an email, and it's bad. Otherwise, aren't many good reasons (defense-wise) for deliberately provoking the victim's family at the bond hearing.
As always YMMV

Do you know why it wasn't brought up on Friday? Was it an objection, or did the state just not go there?

I can't remember...

Here's the transcript of the exchange HiHater...

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And in that phone did you receive or send text messages sir.

ZIMMERMAN: Yes, sir.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Did you ever make any reference to a reverend?

O'MARA: Objection, your honor. Outside the scope.

JUDGE LESTER: Sustained.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Did you ever make any reference to Mr. Martin, the father of the victim?

JUDGE LESTER: Sustained. You're getting a little bit far away.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I apologize your honor. My question is he was asked in terms of apology to the family and I'd like to be able to address that if I could. JUDGE LESTER: I think you can classify that whether or not he asked the apology. I don't want to get into other areas.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Yes, sir.

JUDGE LESTER: Thank you.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: My question is, Mr. Zimmerman, do you recall sending a message to someone, an e-mail, about referring to the victim's father?

ZIMMERMAN: No, sir. I don't.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And just to anticipate, I guess -- is the court ruling that I can't ask him about the statements he made to the police in terms of his limited testimony? I just want to -- before I get that out don't want to be trying to ask the question and objections being made.

JUDGE LESTER: You've already anticipated and you can anticipate my ruling.

JMO/IMO.
Pondering here...MOM is a very good defense attorney. I haven't been able to figure out the why's of putting Z on the stand for the ambush "apology" since it happened. I forgot about the alleged email. If that email to the murder victim's father has any content that is cruel/nasty/vicious then Z would never be able to "apologize" without looking absurd.
MOM and Z might have felt the needed to grab the earliest opportunity they could to check off the "I'm sorry box" ...even though they knew it would look insensitive and self-serving. They had to get it in, while they could.

I'm leaning toward believing there is an email, and it's bad. Otherwise, aren't many good reasons (defense-wise) for deliberately provoking the victim's family at the bond hearing.
As always YMMV

Based on the transcript I just posted above, it seems like there was a text message or email sent from Zimmerman about a reverend as well. I'm guessing this must have been Reverend Sharpton?

~jmo~

JMO/IMO.
Pondering here...MOM is a very good defense attorney. I haven't been able to figure out the why's of putting Z on the stand for the ambush "apology" since it happened. I forgot about the alleged email. If that email to the murder victim's father has any content that is cruel/nasty/vicious then Z would never be able to "apologize" without looking absurd. MOM and Z might have felt the needed to grab the earliest opportunity they could to check off the "I'm sorry box" ...even though they knew it would look insensitive and self-serving. They had to get it in, while they could.

As always YMMV

BBM - I don't think the email was TO TM's father. I think it was ABOUT TM's father.

I have some questions on the distances traveled as Concerned P had been working on:

1 - Has it ever been verified what TM's ultimate destination was that night?

2 - Has it been estimated what where TM's position was when GZ told the dispatcher 'he's running'?

3 - How far from was TM was his ultimate destination when GZ told the dispatcher 'he's running'?

Here's the best answers I can give at this point based on the information we have.

(1) His ultimate destination appears to be to the home of B. Greene where he was living. Her name does not show up on the Seminole Appraiser's site as an owner, so she seems to be renting.

This location, from a NY Times article, shows the residence as being midway down the last building before the back entrance:

TMStaying.png

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...to-the-shooting-of-trayvon-martin.html?ref=us

(2) My estimate, based on what would seem to be a logical line of sight for GZ, would be per the attached image below as to where TM started running.

(3) The distance, according to Google Earth would be 380 feet.

Attachments

• TMRunning.png
    TMRunning.png
    926.5 KB · Views: 15
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics