17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
---------------

Hi, I think the Judge said something about the money affecting the bail amount. Sounded to me like he would check something out. If he continues to get money like that he wont be able to claim he is indigent. People will actually hurt him by contributing to him.:floorlaugh:

How will paying for his defense hurt him ?

--paypal doesn't "hold" the money deposited---when you set up a paypal account it's linked to a bank account. when i deposit $$'s to my daughter's paypal , it goes directly to her bank acct where she can access it immediatley.

I have PayPal and I have transferred money to my bank account and I have had to wait about 2 days or so for the money to be in my account.

Are you sending her money from your own PayPal account? I'm not implying that you are lying, but if it's not money being exchanged in the exact same way as what GZ was doing, then it could vary.

https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/m...yncharset=UTF-8&countrycode=CA&cmd=_help&m=BT

I don't recall. Did the brother testify during the bond hearing? If not, and if he's the owner of the site, then there's probably a case to be made that the rest of the family didn't know how much money was in there. Regardless, I doubt anyone in the family knows how to handle donations of that size. I certainly wouldn't. Now MOM can set everything up all legal- and transparent-like and everyone should be happy. Especially the taxpayers if they don't have to pay MOM's hourly fee!

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

MOM said it was $150,000 on the day of the bond hearing. What we don't know is if that is the amount after some was spent on living expenses or before.

I would also think the time of day that the money was there could be a factor too. Was it there that morning or was that a end of the day total. Could be a lot of money was donated after the time of the bond hearing by people who wanted him to be able to bond out.

I agree with others, what he's spending the money on is irrelevant. Perhaps some are angry that he's getting money in the first place but that's a whole separate issue, one that quite honestly I don't think even GZ has control over.

If he mislead the court, the judge will make a ruling accordingly, likely ordering him to pay a higher amount. Does anyone think he'll have an issue paying the amount? I don't.

I don't recall. Did the brother testify during the bond hearing? If not, and if he's the owner of the site, then there's probably a case to be made that the rest of the family didn't know how much money was in there. Regardless, I doubt anyone in the family knows how to handle donations of that size. I certainly wouldn't. Now MOM can set everything up all legal- and transparent-like and everyone should be happy. Especially the taxpayers if they don't have to pay MOM's hourly fee!

When asked Mrs. GZ said RZ Jr. would know about the amount raised by the website. I think that RZ Sr. said the same thing. If I'd been the SA I would have insisted that RZ Jr. be called in to testify, even if it meant a continuance. If it was important enough to ask two of the members of the family that were there, it was important enough to get the family member that was supposed to know how much had been raised by the website.

IMO, JMO, etc.

Donating to GZ is one thing but donating via some random guys who may or may not be trusted to forward the money to GZ is quite another.

Does this scam really work? Why would somebody choose to line these guys' pockets when they have the option of donating via GZ's lawyer?

Anonymity?

Would be interesting to see just how much was sent from these gun enthusiasts, and the other group, National Association for Legal Gun Defense, as well as any other gun rights groups.

JMHO

I say it again, not all those giving GZ money are doing it because they believe GZ's story, think GZ is a hero or anything else like that. It's to make a statement, a political statement, an ideological statement, etc.

Gregaroes said that its possible he could get millions for his defense fund. I see no reason to not believe that.

Which brings up another interesting question. If GZ gets convicted and there are plenty of monies left in the account, would they fall under the Son of Sam law?

When asked Mrs. GZ said RZ Jr. would know about the amount raised by the website. I think that RZ Sr. said the same thing. If I'd been the SA I would have insisted that RZ Jr. be called in to testify, even if it meant a continuance. If it was important enough to ask two of the members of the family that were there, it was important enough to get the family member that was supposed to know how much had been raised by the website.

IMO, JMO, etc.

Yes, Sr. said the same thing about the money raised, 46:22 in the video.

I agree with others, what he's spending the money on is irrelevant. Perhaps some are angry that he's getting money in the first place but that's a whole separate issue, one that quite honestly I don't think even GZ has control over.

If he mislead the court, the judge will make a ruling accordingly, likely ordering him to pay a higher amount. Does anyone think he'll have an issue paying the amount? I don't.
JMO/IMO
If people want to donate, that's their choice. I believe we will eventually see a list of the donors, JMO. That will be interesting. :wink:

I think the handling of the money/bond issues looks very suspect. :notgood:

But, I trust the judge to see where the paper trail leads, and if consequences are in order, I'm sure he'll dole them out.

Thank you.

If I were to give money to one of GZ's funds it would be to make a statement against the witch hunt that has been unleashed upon the man. I've been stunned and saddened at the misinformation of the media and the mob tactics it has encouraged and supported. So far there have been two hate crimes attacks against white victims, and there are probably more that just haven't made it into the news.

It's a crime that this tragedy has been compounded into other tragedies. The state of journalism today is deplorable.

This is my position too. My husband is Mexican, he was on foot at a job site not long after this happened when a black man pulled up beside him and parked, he kept staring at him (my husband said he was giving him dirty looks), then revved his engine before driving off. I don't judge by color, but I don't like the race baiters in this case. When black people kill white people it's not automatically assumed that it's because of race.

So it sounds as if the Zimmerman family did put up assets to raise the money for the bond. I think we need to ask Judge Strickland if we can use his famous phrase for liars in this case...LOL. The truth and the Zimmerman's and attorney are strangers.

Last week, Zimmerman's attorney said his client was "financially indigent," in arguing for a lower bail. And in her testimony, Zimmerman's mother said she was willing to mortgage her home to put up bail. Early this week O'Mara told ABC News the Zimmermans had put up certain assets to secure bond for their son.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-judge-donations-received/story?id=16228564#.T5raiKvOX2Y

Anonymity?

Would be interesting to see just how much was sent from these gun enthusiasts, and the other group, National Association for Legal Gun Defense, as well as any other gun rights groups.

JMHO

I don't think there's any reason to believe that the gun lobby would NOT contribute to the defense. I would be surprised if they didn't. SYG and CC are exactly what they stand for. Plus, the don't have the fear of backlash that an individual donor would. I also wouldn't be suprised if George got donations from certain civil rights groups or advocates as the civil rights issues here certainly go both ways. jmo

So it sounds as if the Zimmerman family did put up assets to raise the money for the bond. I think we need to ask Judge Strickland if we can use his famous phrase for liars in this case...LOL. The truth and the Zimmerman's and attorney are strangers.

Last week, Zimmerman's attorney said his client was "financially indigent," in arguing for a lower bail. And in her testimony, Zimmerman's mother said she was willing to mortgage her home to put up bail. Early this week O'Mara told ABC News the Zimmermans had put up certain assets to secure bond for their son.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-judge-donations-received/story?id=16228564#.T5raiKvOX2Y

So the brother would let his parents mortgage their home and never thought to tell anyone how much was in the account? Before mortgaging their home, no one thought to check the account to see how much was in there?

Where's that turnip truck?

JMHO

It's really sad this is going to become a gun/race case. This case is about a crazy law that seems to make it legal for a 28 year old man to murder a 17 year old child, who was closer to being 16 then 17.

Not necessarily. A Padilla type benefactor could have paid 10K directly to the bondsman, leaving a balance of 5k to be paid by GZ.
I just do not believe MOM anymore on a remark that is very difficult to verify.

$200,000 is not that much money for a murder trial.
It is probable that they still put up their house as security on the bond, there by leaving that $150,000 liquid for all the experts they are going to hiring, voice analysis, balistics, the cost of deposing all the witnesses.

Mark O'Mara seems to be so used to obfuscating on behalf of his clients that he just continues to make this whole Bond Hearing, Real George Website, and PayPal situation totally unclear.

In the press conference after the hearing today, and maybe even in the courtroom he said or implied that 'the real george website' had been up for 30 to 45 days. HOWEVER, if that is true, no one knew about it until April 10th when media was notified of its existence. I believe it was actually set up on April 9th. Somewhere, on one of the previous 33 threads on this case, someone collected the GoDaddy registration information associated with that website. I am fairly certain it wasn't 30 or 45 days ago. More like 18 or 19 days ago.

Also, there was another website set up at the same time called 'real george zimmerman' (without use of 'the') and it was set to automatically hook up to 'the real george'.

George's website said:

“I cannot attest to the validity of these other websites as I have not received any funds collected, intended to support my family and I through this trying, tragic time.”

He was concerned that people that he did not know were collecting monies for him, that (he wasn't receiving).

“I have created a Paypal account solely linked on this website as I would like to provide an avenue to thank my supporters personally and ensure that any funds provided are used only for living expenses and legal defense, in lieu of my forced inability to maintain employment. I will also personally maintain accountability of all funds received. I reassure you, every donation is appreciated.”

I think O'Mara needs to spend some time with his client, in person. Too many assumptions and too much obfuscation is going on. IMO.

Why would they put up assets if they knew they had money from the fund?

Not necessarily. A Padilla type benefactor could have paid 10K directly to the bondsman, leaving a balance of 5k to be paid by GZ.
Well if that's the case then obviously O'Mara is a liar because he stated in the article as a direct quote from him to ABC news....

Early this week O'Mara told ABC News the Zimmermans had put up certain assets to secure bond for their son.

~jmo~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member