17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #35

Discussion in 'George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion' started by imamaze, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vlpate

vlpate Sleuther with a porpoise

I just listened to all the 911 calls again, two different callers said "black guy". No one said "black jacket". Hope this helps!

2. uvamerica

uvamerica Former Member

BBM How do you know all the state has is some circumstantial evidence ?

Do you have a link ?

3. LambChop

LambChop Former Member

The public has already been told the screams are not from GZ by two experts. MOM had nothing to lose by asking the question and from the way he asked the question he was able to get the answer he wanted. The inspector was the wrong person to ask a question about a test that should have been directed to the experts.

jmo

4. Phoenixfla

Phoenixfla New Member

IMO it was brought up by O'Mara to show weaknesses in the state's case which would dictate a lower bail. JMO MOO

5. Gin

Gin Share a smile

I have been puzzled by tv interviews in shadow, testifying over the phone. Still, I would think they would want to be present in court at trial.

On the other hand....

If I am allowed a bit of levity here, I can kinda imagine a row of folks in identical secret squirrel costumes.

6. Boytwnmom

Boytwnmom Verified Attorney

HOW his client was SCREAMING while his mouth and nose were covered according George's OWN statement? Seriously, those of you who believe it was George screaming explain that position in light of (1) his own statement; (2) the two experts who found otherwise; (3) TRayvons parents identification. How do you scream while your mouth and nose are covered?

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/20/cnr.02.html

7. Boytwnmom

I hide them behind the frozen chicken parts in the basement freezer so my kids can't eat them. Is that wrong? I figure they will gladly eat inferior ice cream so why even get them used to better stuff so that they will only be disappointed by the types of ice cream they will be most routinely served? I'm doing it for THEM!

8. vlpate

Are you inferring you have "inside" information about the photographer?

9. Boytwnmom

the detective wasn't scheduled to testify and wasn't even called specifically so he obviously had not prepared and reviewed anything in anticipation of testimony as one normally would. It is easy enough to have later testimony introduce evidence that he didn't disclose during the bail hearing he wasn't even scheduled to testify at. He purposely called someone NOT prepared to testify and tried to make it look like the state didn't have anything. The state knew he would get bond-they had no dog in the fight and certainly weren't going to go out of their way to bite the hook on MOM's fishing expedition.

10. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

I don't think that is likely at all. I think the best they can hope is inconclusive because there are few words in those screams.

11. Phoenixfla

Phoenixfla New Member

Not picking in you, but that is not exactly what he asked:

12. Ambrosia

Ambrosia New Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BI03-MRKnI&feature=relmfu"]George Zimmerman Police Call w. Time Stamps and Notes - YouTube[/ame] Zimmerman: "Um if they come in through the uh....(taptap / taptap) gate ."Tell them to go straight past the clubhouse....(taptaptaptap) and uh.....(then a waiting pause as distracted) + screech sound) then back to dispatch. Zimmerman: "straight past the clubhouse..and make a left." (SCREECH TYPE SOUND AT 7:12:44 any guesses?) Could it be a pet bird on someones porch? An cockatoo screech sound.

13. impatientredhead

impatientredhead New Member

Any evidence other than a statement made by a witness is circumstantial evidence. Circumstantial evidence requires that you interpret the evidence or draw a conclusion. Finger prints are circumstantial evidence.

14. Phoenixfla

Phoenixfla New Member

I respectfully disagree. He would have received it soon enough, and I actually think O'Mara was probably surprised when Gilbreath said that the FBI has had someone examine it and that still gave Gilbreath no insight as to the voice.

15. Karmady

Karmady Former Member

You would put your hand over someone's mouth to stop them screaming only after they had begun to scream. Also, why would George say that Trayvon tried to cover his mouth and nose to stop him screaming at all if he knew that Trayvon was screaming, i.e. someone was screaming loudly and was, presumably, likely to heard by the neighbors.

I discount the two "experts" completely at this point. The one guy (the software salesman, iirc) is just totally not credible imo, and in the article I saw, the guy that I did find credible was not directly quoted. Then there's the investigator's testimony.

16. Karmady

Karmady Former Member

If that were the case, the answer is "I don't know"

17. LambChop

LambChop Former Member

The body is not circumstantial evidence it is forensic evidence because the bullet path will tell exactly what position TM was in when he was shot. Finger prints are forensic evidence. jmo

18. impatientredhead

impatientredhead New Member

Forensic evidence supplied by an expert witness is usually circumstantial evidence. A forensic scientist who testifies that ballistics proves the defendant’s firearm killed the victim gives circumstantial evidence from which the defendant’s guilt may be inferred. (Note that an inference of guilt could be incorrect if the person who actually fired the weapon was somebody else.)

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumstantial_evidence"]Circumstantial evidence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

19. vlpate

Your post left me with the impression that you were concerned < mod snip > that no one was attending to TM while the photograph was being shot. Goodness, that would be negligent! Anyway, I thought the report might help assuage your concern.

Just FYI - Taking a picture "close up" doesn't mean the photographer has to be standing over the person - there are features on smart phones that make it possible to zoom in from quite a distance away - my iPhone has a zoom feature such as this. Whomever took the photo could have been on a second floor even. JMO

20. LambChop

LambChop Former Member

Obviously GZ did not hear the 911 tapes the night he testified and was not aware they even existed. I believe he told LE that it was him that kept calling for help so he did know about the screams. I believe only GZ can answer why he said the things he did that seem inconsistent. In the heat of the moment I sounds like it was GZ that was not thinking straight. jmo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.