17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm working with second-hand accounts, but some viewers here have claimed O'Mara stopped the witness from answering, even before the objection was raised.

But if O'Mara did NOT know the minor witness' name (which I doubt), isn't that all the more reason why he might have asked as a matter of course without thinking what he was doing?

I am baffled by what appears to be a widespread need to elevate a brief and quickly rectified moment into a major conspiracy. Is this just more hating on defense attorneys? Am I the only one who finds that boring after awhile?

Aw come on. It was obvious and "the man" ain't so slick that it wasn't obvious.

Curious, if GZ was planning on killing TM, why did he call the police first? This has EVERYTHING to do with race, I agree with that. But it is not on the part GZ. It is on the part of the race baiters, ie Sharpton and Jackson.

Consider that we will NOT truly be free and equal until blacks as well as white as well as latinos are permitted to be thugs and take their due punishment without the respective communities rising up to defend them, even when their actions are wrong.

GZ was WALKING through his neighborhood. It was legal for TM to do it, and it was legal for GZ to do it. It is PERFECTLY LEGAL to follow someone through a PUBLIC area. NO law was broken until someone get HIT, and all the evidence comes back to TM doing the hitting.

and could you please provide the link to the evidence of Trayvon doing the hitting? Just because Zimmerman said it doesn't make it true. It's already been well established that he likes to tell tall tales.

~jmo~

While I understand that the "jmo" at the bottom should give one a piece of mind that they are ONLY stating an opinion, but the opinion you have stated appears to contain information that is lacking. First, he did not assault a "law enforcement agent", he PUSHED an UNDERCOVER cop, who had NOT identified himself as an officer. NOT the same. And that was 7 YEARS ago. As for the domestic violence, there was NEVER a conviction, just a claim by his soon to be ex, and after it went to trial, BOTH sides were granted protective orders.

I do find it interesting on here how the Trayvon supporters are grasping onto ANYTHING that points to Zimmerman as a racist, and poo pooing anything that paints Martin in a bad light, and that is very sloppy "sleuth" work.

I don't think the "he did not identify himself" is to be taken as a fact. The only fact that we know is that this is what GZ claims. I believe the ATF officer knows the truth. jmo

While I understand that the "jmo" at the bottom should give one a piece of mind that they are ONLY stating an opinion, but the opinion you have stated appears to contain information that is lacking. First, he did not assault a "law enforcement agent", he PUSHED an UNDERCOVER cop, who had NOT identified himself as an officer. NOT the same. And that was 7 YEARS ago. As for the domestic violence, there was NEVER a conviction, just a claim by his soon to be ex, and after it went to trial, BOTH sides were granted protective orders.

I do find it interesting on here how the Trayvon supporters are grasping onto ANYTHING that points to Zimmerman as a racist, and poo pooing anything that paints Martin in a bad light, and that is very sloppy "sleuth" work.

BBM Sounds an awful like what could have happened when Trayvon was confronted by George? Wonder if it would have been alright for this undercover officer to shoot and kill George right then and there? Self-defense an all?? :banghead:

Also, I don't have to grasp. I know what George Zimmerman is. I just choose not to turn a blind eye to it for whatever reason. Casey Anthony wasn't found guilty for Caylee's murder, but we all know she murdered Caylee. Just because George was able to wiggle out of any charges doesn't mean that he doesn't have violent tendencies.

MOO

Curious, if GZ was planning on killing TM, why did he call the police first? This has EVERYTHING to do with race, I agree with that. But it is not on the part GZ. It is on the part of the race baiters, ie Sharpton and Jackson.

Consider that we will NOT truly be free and equal until blacks as well as white as well as latinos are permitted to be thugs and take their due punishment without the respective communities rising up to defend them, even when their actions are wrong.

GZ was WALKING through his neighborhood. It was legal for TM to do it, and it was legal for GZ to do it. It is PERFECTLY LEGAL to follow someone through a PUBLIC area. NO law was broken until someone get HIT, and all the evidence comes back to TM doing the hitting.

:what: where is this evidence ? got a link ?

I think so. The friends of your niece and nephew haven't profiled anyone, tracked them down, and shot them, I assume. GZ did that. And it all stems from his blatant disrespect of other races and ethnicities. It doesn't mean that everyone that has that disrespect is a murderer, but I wouldn't be friends with anyone with the same attitude as GZ. And when an attitude turns into action and murder, then the state of mind of the person needs to be examined. From what I've seen so far, this is more and more racist profiling and less and less self defense. Respecting other races and ethnicities is what society needs more of, not people with racist attitudes like GZ.

BBM: You mean like TM did in his choice of "bling"? You know what he got trashed (yes even on here) for? "as millions of other young men did at the time too?

Exactly. And it was wrong for people to trash TM for doing what typical 17 yr olds do on the net. I think the problem was that previous to that,he was also shown in pictures as a 14 yr old, or with a baby in his arms, or in a football jersey at 15. So seeing him at 17 with grillz was a shock to some.

This MS was from Zimmerman when he was about 21 or so. I think we would all wince looking back at some things we did or said at 21.

I'm working with second-hand accounts, but some viewers here have claimed O'Mara stopped the witness from answering, even before the objection was raised.

But if O'Mara did NOT know the minor witness' name (which I doubt), isn't that all the more reason why he might have asked as a matter of course without thinking what he was doing?

I am baffled by what appears to be a widespread need to elevate a brief and quickly rectified moment into a major conspiracy. Is this just more hating on defense attorneys? Am I the only one who finds that boring after awhile?

No.

You, me, the crow-eating cat, and a few others are baffled with the board's hate of defense attorneys. :sigh:

It's probably just projection. ;)

IMO the good ones are fascinating to watch. And the not-so-good-ones can also be very entertaining. :D

uh-huh. He sees bigggggggggg bucks. Throw the rulez out the windowz. :floorlaugh:

Isn't Mark O'Mara a very busy lawyer by all accounts? How did this idea arise that he is representing GZ only so he (MO'M) can run up big fees and milk the taxpayers of Florida?

In my personal experience, judges tend to look at claimed expenses very closely and a lot gets written off and never submitted for reimbursement. Maybe Florida judges are sloppy. Maybe O'Mara knows how to game the system.

But why would we assume either at this point?

Really, the blind hatred of defense attorneys that seems to be the rule of thumb at WS distorts a lot of people's view of the legal process.

I am right there with you, ynot. I'm hoping O'Mara did not know what he was really getting into. I don't want to believe that someone who was recommended by Nejame, whom I really respect, is not on the up on up or just keeps getting blindsided by GZ. He really needs to rein this in and just do his job of defending GZ. I don't know what to think anymore...

Honestly, I think O'Mara could be the best attorney in the world and, if this is his first "media frenzy" case, he would still be charting unknown territory.

And social media have simply exploded over the past decade, so I'm sure a lot of lawyers are still trying to figure out how to use them and where to draw the lines, just as once upon a time lawyers were scrambling to handle the new medium of TV.

Exactly. And it was wrong for people to trash TM for doing what typical 17 yr olds do on the net. I think the problem was that previous to that,he was also shown in pictures as a 14 yr old, or with a baby in his arms, or in a football jersey at 15. So seeing him at 17 with grillz was a shock to some.

This MS was from Zimmerman when he was about 21 or so. I think we would all wince looking back at some things we did or said at 21.

To hold us to something we did at 21 when we are 28, yes, not right. To hold someone like TM to something they did a week or two before, is reasonable. And I am not talking about the "bling", as that is a fashion thing. I am talking about the two extended middle fingers, the empty pot baggie, the jewelery (which was being investigated) the vandalism of the school, etc. These are things he (TM) was CURRENTLY doing.

But the bottom line is that they HAD to smear GZ, because all the physical evidence and even the CIRCUMSTANCIAL evidence points to TM being the aggressor in the fight.

Isn't Mark O'Mara a very busy lawyer by all accounts? How did this idea arise that he is representing GZ only so he (MO'M) can run up big fees and milk the taxpayers of Florida?

In my personal experience, judges tend to look at claimed expenses very closely and a lot gets written off and never submitted for reimbursement. Maybe Florida judges are sloppy. Maybe O'Mara knows how to game the system.

But why would we assume either at this point?

Really, the blind hatred of defense attorneys that seems to be the rule of thumb at WS distorts a lot of people's view of the legal process.

I think JB may have turned many people sour on defense attorneys. But if you need one they are suddenly heros. lol

I am actually quite proud of Mr. Jackson and Mr. Sharpton for their roll in this case. I don't see them baiting at all. The truth hurts and I agree with them on this one. It's very clear for me and their intentions have been nothing but noble in this case.

I do believe that Trayvon being black had something to do with George following and confronting (IMO) him that night. I think other things played into it, but I think race was part of the reason behind George's actions. I also think this has become so much about race because of the actions of the SPD. It's not about race because of anything Mr. Jackson or Mr. Shapton have said or done.

MOO

To hold us to something we did at 21 when we are 28, yes, not right. To hold someone like TM to something they did a week or two before, is reasonable. And I am not talking about the "bling", as that is a fashion thing. I am talking about the two extended middle fingers, the empty pot baggie, the jewelery (which was being investigated) the vandalism of the school, etc. These are things he (TM) was CURRENTLY doing.

But the bottom line is that they HAD to smear GZ, because all the physical evidence and even the CIRCUMSTANCIAL evidence points to TM being the aggressor in the fight.

No evidence has been released so how would you know that???????? jmo

BBM We haven't seen any evidence in this case. So I have no idea what points to Trayvon being the aggressor? George's family and friends words? Ummm... No thanks! I'll wait for the actual evidence.

MOO

I am actually quite proud of Mr. Jackson and Mr. Sharpton for their roll in this case. I don't see them baiting at all. The truth hurts and I agree with them on this one. It's very clear for me and their intentions have been nothing but noble in this case.

I do believe that Trayvon being black had something to do with George following and confronting (IMO) him that night. I think other things played into it, but I think race was part of the reason behind George's actions. I also think this has become so much about race because of the actions of the SPD. It's not about race because of anything Mr. Jackson or Mr. Shapton have said or done.

MOO

BBM

:what: Seriously?

BBM

:what: Seriously?

Very serious. I do not believe they have said or done anything out of line. Everything they have said is 100% true. I think people get their feelings hurt when they hear the truth. I have not agreed with them in the past, but I'm with them on this one.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member