$200,000.00 Diamond disappears from Car Wreck

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
[font=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Jaguar's Formula One team had tried to bring a little extra sparkle to yesterday's Monaco grand prix. [/font] [font=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Embedded in the nose cone of two of its cars was a button-sized diamond, as part of a promotion for the forthcoming Hollywood film Ocean's 12. [/font]

[font=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]But Jaguar's afternoon lost its shine when the Austrian driver Christian Klien crashed his car and the £140,000 gem vanished. [/font]

[font=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Amid accusations of a publicity stunt, investigators were searching for the missing jewel last night. [/font]

[font=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Klien, 20, making his debut on the calendar's trickiest circuit, ploughed his green Jaguar into the barriers at the Mirabeau corner on the opening lap. [/font]

[font=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]The car, with the flawless diamond the size of a shirt button set into a steel ring, was lifted off the track where it sat for nearly two hours. When it arrived at the Jaguar garage a mechanic discovered that its most valuable component was missing. [/font]

[font=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Klien said: "That will be the most expensive drive I'll ever take around Monte Carlo." [/font]

[font=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]A diamond had been attached to Klien's car and that of his teammate Mark Webber as publicity for the sequel to the Hollywood hit Ocean's 11, starring George Clooney. [/font]

[font=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]http://sport.guardian.co.uk/formulaone/story/0,10069,1223379,00.html

[/font]

I couldn't believe they're stupid enough to do this - taught them a very good lesson, imo. :bang:

I bet it was a CZ..... Or a publicity stunt.
Oceans 11 was about a heist afterall.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back