2008.07.16 Interrogation First recording

For some reason, I can not get any videos on youtube right now? I think I need to update (I will this weekend)? But I do remember the video of Caylee's birthday and I always thought that Caylee was trying to eat icing off Casey's face (so freaking cute!!). It's been a long time since I watched it, but I can't wait to see where Caylee avoids kissing Casey on the mouth. I do remember Casey only cleaning herself up though?

I remeber reviewing this video after KAthi Belih's interview with Maya D.to see if Caylee has any noticeable reaction to a washcloth being put to her face. Maya said Casey would put chloroform on a wahcloth and hold it to Caylee's face to put her to sleep.

This is not the mother of a missing child. This is pure calculation. What gets me is did she really think that LE was going to take everything she said at face value and not investigate? Unbelievable.

She lives in a house of lies.

Casey's response is demented on two levels. First, it is not a natural reaction anyone would have if your one and only, beloved child had been kidnapped (or worse). . . but believing, as I do, that she killed Caylee I'm not too surprised that her reaction seems counterfeit. But what is astonishing to me is that she knows she is at the edge of being exposed for murder and yet she can still calmly, without emotion, pump out the lies. My mind can't process how she could have this nonchalance when her whole house had been filled with LE officers and she was under such scrutiny. This is a tell, for me, how she actually thinks she is above all authority.

For me, not so much; I think I'd probably cry if I were pulled over for a traffic violation. So maybe I'm not a very good judge of "normal" reactions, either. :dunno:

Oh my! :banghead:

Listening to the part when she's being questioned about her two phones and the SIM card...great detail of numbers saved, SIM card vs numbers saved to phone....and then about how she filed a report about the missing phone...who did she file the report with? Universal...and then is specific, "9 days ago." She filed a report with Universal 9 days ago.

Yeah...about that.

1) You don't work at Universal
2) You don't have a work cell phone from Universal (let alone 2, because she hadn't turned the old one in yet)
3) You didn't file a report...9 days or at any time...to your fake job employer.

OMG, she is a case.

Love her ability to tell lies on the fly :great:

I haven't made it through this entire thread, and could only listen to ICA up to the part where she said she filed an incident report for her missing phone.. I had to stop because I am so filled with rage and anguish. She supposedly filed this report about A PHONE?!?! What about Caylee??? Even while weaving her web of lies and deceipt, this so called "mother of the year" held that phone in higher regard than her own daughter.

ICA's tone and lies are truly sickening.

I have two phones thru Universal. A nokia and the one I have on me now. Unfortunately, all of those numbers for every single person I have mentioned are all stored on a sim card which is in the Nokia. The nokia didn't keep a charge so instead of just not using it anymore I kept switching the sim card back and forth between the phone I have now and the nokia I got a YEAR ago through Universal. If we can just find that Nokia with the all important Sim card that has all of the numbers for ZFG, her mother, Jeffery Michael Hopkins, and Juliette Lewis we are in business. Unfortunately, that stupid Nokia that won't keep a charge and has all of those numbers on the sim card was stolen or taken from my desk at Universal 9 days ago...but I filed an incident report about it through Universal.

I tried to get in touch with Zenaida on that day I dropped Caylee off but her number was out of service. So I attempted to contact her mother and that failed. (notice the very long pause/sigh/mumble that ICA does when Yuri asks her what ZFG's mom's name was...it took a bit of time for her to think of a name...for the mother of the person who "stole" Caylee and who ICA claimed she tried to get in touch with within the last month to find Caylee).

I know she needed a lie to cover for why she had none of these made up people's digits. Hence the two phones, and one of them would have to have all of those phone numbers on it and also conveniently be missing.

So she got two phones thru work. Lie. Doesn't have a job. One phone doesn't keep a charge. No one would continue to switch a sim car between a phone that wouldn't hold a charge and one that would. They would just keep the phone that worked and if necessary spend time to manually convert all of the numbers to the working phone's address book and give the non-functioning one back. Duh!

She really believes these dumb lies! And instead of getting out a Casey decoder lie decoder ring like CA/GA wanted and put out an Amber Alert (31 days after the "kidnapping") Yuri smartly let's her continue to li and continues to ask more and more rapid fire questions.

The best partbwas in the second part of he interview when ICA tells Yuri that ZFG lived with ZFG's mother for a few months before moving to the Saw Grass 3/4 months before Caylee was "stolen" by ZFG. ICA recently goes on to say that in her attempt to find Caylee and ZFG that ICA had recently tried unsuccessfully to contact ZFG's mother. YM asks what her name was, huge audible long pause with "oh gosh" before ICA finally coes up with a name. ICA says she had dropped off ICA at the mom's house but has only a general idea where it might be. So basically her one solid lead to Caylee, Gloria, the mother, and instead of staking out that lady's house and knowing that one address by heart she instead focused on going to bars and parks to find ZFG?

And CA/GA want us to believe that LE should have sifted thru all of this BS and immediately put out an Amber Alert and have found Caylee that very nite when the one person who has all of the information continues to tell lie after lie and the only information she can give about the suspect is suspect. No idea on any phone numbers. No idea about a specific birthday just a birthday month. From New York. Lived with two other people that can not be found before living with her mother who also cannot be found. But the cops should be eternally grateful for all of this information because thankfully there is a stolen phone somewhere out there in the universe that can't keep a charge but that has all of the phone numbers of all of these people LE cannot seem to find.

Disgusting. Also her lies are a joke. Only a true imbecile would fall for any one lie let alone the whole story.

CA didn't even buy the story from the minute it left ICA's mouth because after ICA told the story CA still wanted the cos to put handcuffs on her and have LE arrest her.

I can only say it's the first time I've heard them, but have read it and can almost repeat it word for word.
Casey's voice is interesting. She appears to me to lack emotion, and she lies so easily, even to this LEO, that to me it's quite astounding.
Perhaps she was thinking she could get away with anything as she had not been held accountable before. But imo, after finding Caylee, and knowing Casey is guilty imo, it's amazing how cool, calm, and collected she sounds. moo

We can thank Cindy's weird logic for that.

If there is a SIM card, there must be a phone.
If there is an apartment, there must be a nanny.
If there is an ID, there must be a job.

Hey, it's worked for her her whole entire life because of CA's inability to deduce correctly.

Casey is very good at muddying the waters with confusing and unecessary details (cell phone numbers, sim cards, locations, residences and on and on and on and on). It is a technique meant to distract. I've said it before and I'll say it again,Casey is a skillful liar. Comes from lots of practice and years of living with such an example (paging George Anthony).

Hey, it's worked for her her whole entire life because of CA's inability to deduce correctly.

I think Cindy is still trying to figue out how the patient with pseudomonas got into the trunk of Casey's car.

This is not the mother of a missing child. This is pure calculation. What gets me is did she really think that LE was going to take everything she said at face value and not investigate? Unbelievable.

She lives in a house of lies.

Why not? Her parents have for years. For the past two years up until the arrest, she has told her parents she was going to work at Universal, which they all knew was not true.

CherryBaby, Can you even imagine saying goodbye to your daughter and granddaughter each morning KNOWING she is lying to you about going to work. I would have Torettes Syndrome just to cope with the lying.

This is why George is so angry at the hearings, et al. He is really angry with himself. He has lost his granddaughter and he knows his daughter is guilty but his wife is insisting they carry this lie and he is going along with it. At first he confronted KC and told Cindy "I can't live like this". And they both told him to leave the house. This happened when she was out on bail. His best friend came to help and he said to one of the people who came to help out (maybe Tim Miller, not sure). She (KC) knows where she is but that b%$#ch in there is not talking (or words to that effect).

So when George sits at the hearing and mumbles unbelievable and is rude to LDB and grimmaces at every turn, it is rage transferred. On the third day, the camera caught him in the gallery and the man looked awful, horrible and he mumbled something to his friend and then continued to mumble and he looked just nuts.

He looked better the following Monday. But wait till the trial unfolds and all the truth comes out - all the lies, all the THINGS KC has been doing and saying about the parents. Maybe not all of it will come in but certainly parts of it because I would think the State has to build its case on why she did it - what is the motive - and the motive is to be free of the thorn in herside but Cindy does not get the baby. I will kill her first - and she did. Cindy knows all of this. IMO

You forgot - If there is a puppy, there must be a Zanny.

It's all just so logical.

Casey is very good at muddying the waters with confusing and unecessary details (cell phone numbers, sim cards, locations, residences and on and on and on and on). It is a technique meant to distract. I've said it before and I'll say it again,Casey is a skillful liar. Comes from lots of practice and years of living with such an example (paging George Anthony).

I have to disagree. IMO, she is not skillful at all. One lawyer described her as the dummest defendant he has ever seen. Everyone knew she was lying growing up. Her parents never confronted her on it - here and there.

How skillful is it to tell the police you work at Universal when they are investigating a kidnapping and they take you there and you have to say I don't work there. This is a homicide. Her skill is lost on me.

How skillful is it to give your brother and mother and father bogus phone numbers after you admit the child is gone.

How skillful is it to draw a deposit slip and fill it in for 4,400 and give it to your mother.

How skillful is it to tell your friend you are working at Sports Authority - could she baby sit and she calls you there and finds you are lying.

And the list is endless.

Annie Downing (I believe) said she had to have had help because she is not smart enough to pull this off alone. No. 1, she did not pull it off; number 2, there is nothing, nada about her actions from June 15 to July 15. Says she was at the hospital with her friend, stayed at the hardrock, accidnt on the freeway, etc. (all verified as lies).

I just don't see the skill.

Why not? Her parents have for years. For the past two years up until the arrest, she has told her parents she was going to work at Universal, which they all knew was not true.

CherryBaby, Can you even imagine saying goodbye to your daughter and granddaughter each morning KNOWING she is lying to you about going to work. I would have Torettes Syndrome just to cope with the lying.

This is why George is so angry at the hearings, et al. He is really angry with himself. He has lost his granddaughter and he knows his daughter is guilty but his wife is insisting they carry this lie and he is going along with it. At first he confronted KC and told Cindy "I can't live like this". And they both told him to leave the house. This happened when she was out on bail. His best friend came to help and he said to one of the people who came to help out (maybe Tim Miller, not sure). She (KC) knows where she is but that b%$#ch in there is not talking (or words to that effect).

So when George sits at the hearing and mumbles unbelievable and is rude to LDB and grimmaces at every turn, it is rage transferred. On the third day, the camera caught him in the gallery and the man looked awful, horrible and he mumbled something to his friend and then continued to mumble and he looked just nuts.

He looked better the following Monday. But wait till the trial unfolds and all the truth comes out - all the lies, all the THINGS KC has been doing and saying about the parents. Maybe not all of it will come in but certainly parts of it because I would think the State has to build its case on why she did it - what is the motive - and the motive is to be free of the thorn in herside but Cindy does not get the baby. I will kill her first - and she did. Cindy knows all of this. IMO

Wow. You've just laid out exactly what I think too.

GA might just have gone over the edge some time ago. What we're seeing is a person out of their mind. He's gone from weak to truly mentally ill.

Cindy still has her wits about her, she has a stronger constitution, and I don't think she cares one whit that he has gone mad. The situation was so Kafkaesque he literally broke.

Last year my cat went missing (although I later found her hiding behind the washing machine, lol).

I was crying, running around in my robe in my house and out on the street... completely hysterical. I cannot FATHOM what it is like to lose a child. Absolutely just can't imagine my own flesh and blood being taken from me or wandering off somewhere. There is no WAY in hell I would be calm and collected like she is on that tape. It just does not make one bit of sense to me. I am so sure, so so sure, that any jury member will feel the same way.

See, that may seem like "crazy behavior" to a person like Casey. But, to many of us that is normal behavior. I did get a laugh from your image(because I have been there too)and only because you started your post by saying kitty was behind the washing machine. :) I have five cats!

Her lies make my ears bleed.
:tyou:

It's so hard to listen to this because it's just one lie after another...the phones, the sim card, no phone numbers, Zenaida lives here, there and everywhere, Jeffery Hopkins worked at Universal but doesn't work there now, he too has lived here, there and everywhere. No phone numbers for friends, everyone at some point worked at Universal, even Zenaida...it's all just utter BS.

I'm quite sure the defense doesn't want this interview played for the jury.

Thank you. Exactly.

When I heard Hosey say she told him everything was fine and her mom was just over reacting...I had never heard that before and I swear my jaw dropped.

She knew her daughter was dead, in a cold, dark, smelly swamp with bugs, snakes and who knows what. What kind of person does that.

That's why I think I get so confused. I just can not wrap my mind around what kind of person can do that to anyone much less a child.

RespectfullyQuoted Websleuths :)
BBM

I agree with and thank you each for your comments. You said what I was feeling and thinking. karengo, it is true for me that I cannot wrap my mind around it. After reading all that I have, how obvious it is what Casey has done but it still does not sink in. Maybe that is for the best?

:cow:

I have to disagree. IMO, she is not skillful at all. One lawyer described her as the dummest defendant he has ever seen. Everyone knew she was lying growing up. Her parents never confronted her on it - here and there.

How skillful is it to tell the police you work at Universal when they are investigating a kidnapping and they take you there and you have to say I don't work there. This is a homicide. Her skill is lost on me.

How skillful is it to give your brother and mother and father bogus phone numbers after you admit the child is gone.

How skillful is it to draw a deposit slip and fill it in for 4,400 and give it to your mother.

How skillful is it to tell your friend you are working at Sports Authority - could she baby sit and she calls you there and finds you are lying.

And the list is endless.

Annie Downing (I believe) said she had to have had help because she is not smart enough to pull this off alone. No. 1, she did not pull it off; number 2, there is nothing, nada about her actions from June 15 to July 15. Says she was at the hospital with her friend, stayed at the hardrock, accidnt on the freeway, etc. (all verified as lies).

Come on. She is unskilled at lying.

It's what she grew up with. What she knew. Her mom could look someone straight in the face (Rick for example) and say: She's not pregnant, it's a tumor. At 7 months! As if to say, hey, the sun rises in the west and sets in the east BECAUSE I SAY SO. I don't need no stinkin' proof. IN YOUR FACE.

This is how Casey learned. It seems crazy and stupid but I don't think Casey is technically dumb. She was just firmly indoctrinated in the "Cindy way" and carried on the tradition. It's one thing to grow up fairly independently and observe the actions of a parent and mature to find your own way. It's another to be cloistered with a domineering parent. She imprinted.

I just can't believe she said her phone was on HER DESK at WORK and that it was STOLEN and she filed a REPORT at WORK with SECURITY at WORK for her PHONE on HER DESK at WORK at UNIVERSAL!

I mean youhave to be one crazy banana to do that on record knowing you don't work there and you don't have a desk there and there is no report about no stolen phone and that security doesn't even know you.

I mean what was this girls plan? Did she think they would take her statement and go looking for a fake person and not follow up on her at all? All the fake people she was throwing in there. The fake kids and their names.

When she said ZGF is "mixed" you can tell she had to think of what type of mix quickly and why not the two races that she can come up with that may fit the stereotypical suspect? Black and puerto rican (I am from PR) and I hate the way she said it.

There is one conclusion about this girl she is a psychopath and VERY VERY dangerous. Capable of killing again should someone get in her way. A danger to society.

I shudder to think what she would have done if CINDY did give her "ONE MORE DAY".

Shivers.

And the list is endless.

Come on. She is unskilled at lying.
By skillful I meant to suggest she is an expert at lying. I've rarely seen anyone who can lie with such ease, authoratativeness and spontaneity. Not saying she's a good or believable liar, but she is skilled.

Casey's response is demented on two levels. First, it is not a natural reaction anyone would have if your one and only, beloved child had been kidnapped (or worse). . . but believing, as I do, that she killed Caylee I'm not too surprised that her reaction seems counterfeit. But what is astonishing to me is that she knows she is at the edge of being exposed for murder and yet she can still calmly, without emotion, pump out the lies. My mind can't process how she could have this nonchalance when her whole house had been filled with LE officers and she was under such scrutiny. This is a tell, for me, how she actually thinks she is above all authority.

For me, not so much; I think I'd probably cry if I were pulled over for a traffic violation. So maybe I'm not a very good judge of "normal" reactions, either. :dunno:

One thing that always stood out to me through all of this is neither CA nor KC had the understanding that they should at least feign some kind of worry or upset. It's just incredible! Aside from the emotion in the 911 call from CA we never saw any anxiety about Caylee's well-being. Oh, she's with a nice kidnapper, happens all the time.

OMG, every second for me would be... is she crying, is she hungry, is she suffering terribly. We saw none of that. Because CA and KC knew the baby was dead. But c'mon. Play along with your own lies! You don't know you're supposed to be out of your mind with worry? All those media interviews. Not once did we see CA plead for the kidnapper to bring Caylee back. No anguish. No emotion. Only for yourself (no sleep, no food). Really it's mindboggling.

I don't even count GA in the equation because he's just a puppet.

8) Even in the videos - the cake/frosting incident when CA takes over washing the baby, CA hands the wash cloth to KC and KC washes herself (not Caylee). CA continues to wash Caylee while KC washes herself and then makes little faces (childlike?) - I just got the creepy feeling that KC was attempting to be the child to see if CA would wash her face instead of washing Caylee's. I think the "Jealousy" that KC was feeling towards Caylee was so evident throughout.

Respectfully SBM.
What really stood out to me, is that at first it looked like CA hands ICA the washrag, but I watched it again, and I noticed CA washes Cays face, then goes to wash her hand, but ICA takes it away to wash her own face. That alone spoke volumes to me.

ETA: Also, notice how Cays kisses her 'mom' on the cheek, then wipes off the frosting she left behind.
:(

It's so heartbreaking to watch her. What a beautiful child.

I just can't believe she said her phone was on HER DESK at WORK and that it was STOLEN and she filed a REPORT at WORK with SECURITY at WORK for her PHONE on HER DESK at WORK at UNIVERSAL!

I mean youhave to be one crazy banana to do that on record knowing you don't work there and you don't have a desk there and there is no report about no stolen phone and that security doesn't even know you.

I mean what was this girls plan? Did she think they would take her statement and go looking for a fake person and not follow up on her at all? All the fake people she was throwing in there. The fake kids and their names.

When she said ZGF is "mixed" you can tell she had to think of what type of mix quickly and why not the two races that she can come up with that may fit the stereotypical suspect? Black and puerto rican (I am from PR) and I hate the way she said it.

There is one conclusion about this girl she is a psychopath and VERY VERY dangerous. Capable of killing again should someone get in her way. A danger to society.

I shudder to think what she would have done if CINDY did give her "ONE MORE DAY".

Shivers.

I don't even believe in the death penalty nor LWOP in many cases. But I'll tell you what. KC could get out of jail at the age of 90 and murder again. She could be hobbling on a walker and still be capable of the worst of the worst. I don't think she's a candidate for rehabilitation. No siree. I see zero humanity in her black shark eyes. She's hardcore criminal and she should never walk free again.

I believe if ICA had told CA that Caylee was dead no one would have ever heard of this story and the "family" would have been told some bs story about what happened to her.

Problem is, Cindy had already called the police because she thought Casey was playing games "like the last time" perhaps. I don't think Cindy found out until she hung up the phone from the 911 call. Then it was too late to undo so she went into action.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back