2009.02.17 New Tip: Misty May Not have Been Home

There haven't been too many leaks from LE which is a good thing. Of course, I'd like to know all but I want Haleigh back more. Missy is young, too young for the situation she's in; many of us took stupid risks when we were teens. I know for a fact I did but thankfully never anything as serious as this.

It must be difficult getting honest and straight answers from the relatives because they all have a stake in the situation. Missy parents and Ron's parents and all the relatives. Everyone believes everyone - LE is left to distinguish between truth and lies. :confused:

Wouldn't the 3/4 year old have told them if Misty wasn't there? I'm curious about what he has to say.

Wonder who called in the tip and how crediable it was. Hopefully we don't have a LE there that would release unfounded tips to the public.

And I wonder how RC is taking this news story??? I, myself who be very mad and I am not even related to Haleigh. I can't even imagine a father's reaction.....Has be rung her neck yet?

While he's at ringin' necks, he could ring his own for shackin' up with an irresponsible 16-17 year old, putting her in his bed and putting her in charge of his kids. He should be arrested too. This whole situation SCREAMS neglect at everyone involved.

Hi All;
Just getting ready for work and don't have time to read everything but I had a thought in the middle of the night. (Yes, this is on my mind quite a bit, just like Caylee.) Maybe JR told someone that "sometimes" Misty goes out when they are put to bed. (Possibly the children have woken up before and can't find her. She could just be outside in the yard and if they are both afraid of the dark they wouldn't go there OR she really wasn't there.) Could that be why this is a POSSIBLE tip?

Wouldn't the 3/4 year old have told them if Misty wasn't there? I'm curious about what he has to say.

That's what I keep bringing up too - this little boy must be able to shed some light on what was going on there. I think he holds a big key to this situation but I could be wrong.

Did Misty have a key to the home? If she was going out, it would make sense to prop the door open, if it would lock upon closing. The rope on the door handle seems to indicate they would hold the door open at times, maybe when the kids were outside playing so they could come in and out etc. It would make complete sense that this girl wasn't home when the kids were sleeping. Either Hayleigh wandered out or someone pretty close by was watching what was going on and took advantage of the opportunity.

OMG! I just had an idea! WHAT IF, before sneaking out to go visit friends or whatever, Misty locks the front door and then goes out the back and put the cinder block agaisnt the screen door JUST IN CASE the kids wake up and try to leave! If this is a habit she may have had the block stashed for just this purpose.

I was just thinking this too! Only in my version I wonder if MC has a key to the front or back door? If she has no key maybe she locked front door and left the back unlocked, not opened, but ajar slightly so she could get back in. I am wondering if thats what happened?

Just a thought I had...A "tip" that Misty may not have been home the whole night that Haleigh went missing, maybe Misty had Haleigh with her for "whatever" (I just don't have the heart to type out what I'm meaning/feeling with "whatever") reason. Hopefully where ever someone seen her at will come out and clear up a lot of things.

Just a thought I had...A "tip" that Misty may not have been home the whole night that Haleigh went missing, maybe Misty had Haleigh with her for "whatever" (I just don't have the heart to type out what I'm meaning/feeling with "whatever") reason. Hopefully where ever someone seen her at will come out and clear up a lot of things.

I have wondered too if nobody was home and she took the kids somewhere. Then the trailer wouldn't even be the crime scene!

so many questions & what if's in this situation.

It seems like the trailer might be a crimescene,because LE has kept it for so long.Between Misty's inconsistencies and the washing of the blankets,now finding the pink shirt.Why would she be wetting the bed there and bio family says she hasn't done that for two years?

Does Misty have a DL? I am thinking that she is young and not in HS, so she might have missed driver's ed. In my state, you can't get your license until 18, if you aren't in HS driver's ed.

It seems like the trailer might be a crimescene,because LE has kept it for so long.Between Misty's inconsistencies and the washing of the blankets,now finding the pink shirt.Why would she be wetting the bed there and bio family says she hasn't done that for two years?
why would she have problems with bed wetting there and not at mom's house?
off the top of my head:

1) She's being given something to help(make) her sleep soundly and can't wake up to use the potty.
2) Stress. It is stressful in the home, lots of fighting and yelling or physical violence.
3) Someone is abusing her in some way.
4) Bad night time habits (drinking a lot before bed), left to fall asleep in front of tv with no bedtime routine (using potty and brushing teeth before being tucked in).

why is that everytime there is a suspicous child abduction/murder it seems like someone is either washing blankets or clothes...bed wetting comes in the picture or a child was left alone ( madeline ) .

bed wetting really perks up my ears...jon benet...laundry...scott peterson and cindy anthony....

another bed wetting child disappears in the middle of the night ...now is she a child left alone? how is it that the bed was changed the laundry was going the child is missing and Misty wasn't there?

ut uh...something here is hinkafied.

Hi guys, new member here have been trying to keep up with all the threads, I noticed yesterday there started to be a mention of Misty having an affair with Ron's uncle. anyone know who that could be? It makes me wonder for sure.

why would she have problems with bed wetting there and not at mom's house?
off the top of my head:

1) She's being given something to help(make) her sleep soundly and can't wake up to use the potty.
2) Stress. It is stressful in the home, lots of fighting and yelling or physical violence.
3) Someone is abusing her in some way.
4) Bad night time habits (drinking a lot before bed), left to fall asleep in front of tv with no bedtime routine (using potty and brushing teeth before being tucked in).

ok, complete and total speculation here but what if...

the house is chaotic, the children have no routine, Haleigh is missing school - run down & sick a lot because she doesn't have regular sleep schedule.

She's missed too much school and they have been put on notice, they've been turned in to child protective services, they had to move into a larger and probably more expensive place because of cps intervention regarding this situation. Misty & Dad decide they must get a routine going - Dad (or gf) decides to give otc meds to induce sleep at regular hour to get a schedule going.

Dad just started working nights, so administration of meds falls to GF, who by the way doesn't know if child weighs 40,50, or 60 lbs. She overdoses her. When she covers her with the sheet (the point at which she breaks down on camera in her story) is right after administering meds. JR gets lucky and gets the correct amount that time?? IDK

Later she notices haleigh is unresponsive, bedding wet from bodily fluids, or whatever... Dad maybe has a lunch hour or something to run home real fast. They decide if they call 911 JR is gone to CPS asap & so they fake abduction and he takes her with him when he leaves.

Now, certainly if she had died there, the cadaver dogs would be able to tell so maybe this needs tweaked to he rushes home to take her to ER - and she passes away in route or something.

just thinkin outloud.

Has it ever been verified that Haleigh WAS at school on that Monday? The school would not confirm it and I was unsure if that has changed. If she was not really at school on Monday, this changes the whole case IMO.

I don't know why this case has me thinking about it so much. Perhaps because I am in Florida and have known people like this family. The cast of "characters" is so unusual that it's hard to know what is real and what's not. I have strongly felt since the beginning that Misti is the key to solving this. She has, in my mind, exhibited very odd behavior that doesn't add up.

Here's another theory I thought about. I wonder if the police have checked on any female neighbors, relatives, acquaintances that don't have or are unable to have children of their own? Perhaps someone like this could have "rescued" Haleigh from an unfit home and is caring for her somewhere else. It could be a distant acquaintance or neighbor who has been quietly watching the home situation and feels strongly for Haleigh's safety/well-being. Just an idea to throw out there...

Oh Puleeaaze. Why are people accusing some websleuth of giving this vague tip to LE?

1. LE wouldn't put this out to the media without first confirming that there are specifics as to who, what, when and where.

I wonder if the tip didn't come from Misty's family to try and throw some of the heat away from her. Public opinion is pointing back to her, they may think by stating that she may not have been there, the police will look elsewhere.

Welcome to WS!!!
I did not hear where Misty was having an affair with Ron'd uncle. Nothing would surprise me in this case! :furious:

I think an arrest is coming REAL soon!

It was on one of the shows last night either NG or the one after that, i will go back and see if anyone posted about it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back