2009.02.19 1:00 pm Haleighs family press conference

Discussion in 'Haleigh Cummings' started by kellync, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

Yes he is. But, I think he needs to be forthright with the public as well if he expects their help. You never know what leads can be generated that way.

2. Brefie

Brefie New Member

Great call from you....no breaking news...not when you are a member of WS, anyways!! lol

3. babycat

babycat whiskey in a teacup

I agree that it could help, but I think that if the police feel it is worth releasing to generate leads, they will release it. Like I said, as long as he is telling the police. I can understand why he wouldn't want the focus on him, but on finding his daughter. As I said before, I just hope the intentions are honorable:)

4. Absolutely Addicted

Absolutely Addicted New Member

Very well stated and I totally agree. Where I live it's common to have fundraisers & donation accounts for people who have, for instance, lost their home to a fire, or can't work because of a serious illness in the family. I don't see this being much different.

You can please some of the people some of the time, and all of the people all of the time, but you can't please everybody all of the time.

5. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

hey, this tim loucakis guy was one of our 1st picks way back.

6. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

Was that all the LE said? dang.

O/T but kind of on Topic, does anyone know if KFN is still up there. Is LP and GA still there? I'm wondering if that org and/or those people might be advising RC?

About the money at a bank set up by the funeral home, one thought...that I had, this could be either used to help search or to lay her to rest when she's found. I don't think that RC would have insurance to cover that.

7. AuburnJenn

AuburnJenn New Member

I mentioned last night that on this "Chelsea" myspace page (she is Misti's SIL) there are several recent pics of Haleigh that look very different than the generic pic that has been passed out. In the new pictures she looks much older, more mature. She is a cutie. I do not know WHY they would not use one of these and blow it up onto a large poster. The pic being shown, sadly, looks like it could be just about any blonde little girl.

8. mydailyopinions

mydailyopinions Well-Known Member

There can't be a predator on the loose. The Sheriff has not once told people to make sure their doors are locked, to report any suspicious activity, or to keep your children in after dark. Although I know they are focused on finding Haleigh, if there was a kidnapper out there on the loose, they would issue this warning to the community.
    I firmly believe they are waiting on Misty to crack. They are going to continue to polygraph her, and continue to find inconsistency's in her statements, until they have enough to charge her.. They will make sure to have enough before she gets a lawyer..
    I sure hope no one steps up pro bono anytime soon..

9. babycat

babycat whiskey in a teacup

(snipped)

My mama one time told me "Baby, you can't please everyone. SOMEONE is gonna be unhappy. Might as well be the other guy."

hahaha

10. s1rebecca

s1rebecca New Member

I doubt anyone on this forum could go "back to work" after their child went missing. It's only been 9 days.

11. secretagent

secretagent New Member

edited to delete duplicate posting, my apollogies.

12. LaLaw2000

LaLaw2000 Louisiana

Doubt he would have vacation time or sick leave accrued as he has only been on the job 2 weeks.

Ronald works for a big company. Surely they could put him in a low impact job instead of operating a crane.

I feel like they should help him in some way.

13. LaLaw2000

LaLaw2000 Louisiana

I agree with you, tehcloser. When and if LE clears Ronald and/or Misty, then I will not say anything negative about them. As it is, it has been this long and LE hasn't been able to clear them.

Their story either changes everyday or something new is added to it.

14. tehcloser

tehcloser New Member

I know, I find my self sititng here wondering what's next......

15. ksgirl78

ksgirl78 New Member

Exactly! If LE cannot clear them, and say they are not at fault in any way shape or form, then we can't either!!!

16. Wise Old Owl

Wise Old Owl Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL

Just putting this out there - please don't slap me. I'm leaving anyway - have a HS art show and culinary tasting for my DD.

Ron hasn't changed his story because he doesn't have a story. "I was at work". Now LE said, very briefly, yesterday that RC was at work - if you watch that presser - the LE looks left when he says it - was he there and then left? Don't know.

Ron's story hasn't changed because he doesn't have one. But he does have at least one other child that we knew nothing about. hhhmmm.......

17. ksgirl78

ksgirl78 New Member

Bolded by me.

Thank you!!!

18. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

Okie dokie then, why did his own family and girlfriend say it was so?

19. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

As long as LE has not named a POI and has not cleared anyone, it's all up for discussion within the TOS. Yes we should be empathetic to them because they are in sense a victim in this. But you first have to determine if they are a victim or not. The Sheriff has not given us that yet. What happens to crime victims is much more horrible than what their family is going through. Tearing their life apart is just the way it is in an investigation. You can bet LE is doing that and more.

Crimes are dirty and nasty. What the vics go through is dirty and nasty. I don't know how clean and purty you can keep a discussion about it. Solving crimes is not about putting on rose colored glasses and thinking positive thoughts and topping it off with a shiney bow. The only thing that matters is finding out what happened and you can't do that without the truth. IMO, the hurt, embarrased and offended feelings of a crime victims family is trumped by what happened to the crime victim.

20. impatientredhead

impatientredhead New Member

Hmmm, I had read he had only been on the night shift for two weeks, not that he had just started. With this case it is hard to know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.