2009.02.19 1:00 pm Haleighs family press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but unfortunately an "open book" can be distracting for the public. I can tell you right now, if I child was missing, I would try to keep people looking for her, and not focusing on my family drama (and boy, do I always have a lot of family drama :crazy:) As long as he is being an "open book" with the police, if they think something is relevant enough to generate tips, I feel sure that they'll release it:)

I think he is handling it much better than the A's
Yes he is. But, I think he needs to be forthright with the public as well if he expects their help. You never know what leads can be generated that way.

Yes he is. But, I think he needs to be forthright with the public as well if he expects their help. You never know what leads can be generated that way.

I agree that it could help, but I think that if the police feel it is worth releasing to generate leads, they will release it. Like I said, as long as he is telling the police. I can understand why he wouldn't want the focus on him, but on finding his daughter. As I said before, I just hope the intentions are honorable:)

Interesting (truly, not sarcastically). But doesn't someone have to be officially 'in charge' of these types of funds and aren't they monitored to make sure that funds are not misappropriated??

ETA: I had no idea that the POINT was to pay bills in his absence from work.....oh my...

Well, I mean, I hate to say it, but how did people THINK money was coming in while he was out of work? He's not working. He wants to be with his child. Of COURSE the bills are going to pile up. If he were going to work right now, while his child were missing, people would be jumping all over him.

If YOUR child were missing, would you be at work? Would you let your other kids go hungry? Would you let your cell phone get cut off? (I know I wouldn't....I'd want to make sure Haleigh could call if she knew my cell number)

I might be wrong, but I don't think this extended family has financial resources to be able to just help Ron out, because many of THEM are probably missing work, too.

What would you have him do? Hmm?

This isn't as uncommon as people think, and it DID NOT begin with Anthony case.

Very well stated and I totally agree. Where I live it's common to have fundraisers & donation accounts for people who have, for instance, lost their home to a fire, or can't work because of a serious illness in the family. I don't see this being much different.

You can please some of the people some of the time, and all of the people all of the time, but you can't please everybody all of the time.

hey, this tim loucakis guy was one of our 1st picks way back.

Press conference--

Settling rumors: Arrest was made. No direct link to Haleigh Cummings.
Man violated curfew...LE knows where he was.

Was that all the LE said? dang.

O/T but kind of on Topic, does anyone know if KFN is still up there. Is LP and GA still there? I'm wondering if that org and/or those people might be advising RC?

About the money at a bank set up by the funeral home, one thought...that I had, this could be either used to help search or to lay her to rest when she's found. I don't think that RC would have insurance to cover that.

The comments about not having decent large clear enough photos of Haleigh to view for our discretion, if I had the skills I would photoshop, mix and enlarge, til I came up with an ideal photo for the public to use to try to help locate Haleigh.

I mentioned last night that on this "Chelsea" myspace page (she is Misti's SIL) there are several recent pics of Haleigh that look very different than the generic pic that has been passed out. In the new pictures she looks much older, more mature. She is a cutie. I do not know WHY they would not use one of these and blow it up onto a large poster. The pic being shown, sadly, looks like it could be just about any blonde little girl.

There can't be a predator on the loose. The Sheriff has not once told people to make sure their doors are locked, to report any suspicious activity, or to keep your children in after dark. Although I know they are focused on finding Haleigh, if there was a kidnapper out there on the loose, they would issue this warning to the community.
I firmly believe they are waiting on Misty to crack. They are going to continue to polygraph her, and continue to find inconsistency's in her statements, until they have enough to charge her.. They will make sure to have enough before she gets a lawyer..
I sure hope no one steps up pro bono anytime soon..

You can please some of the people some of the time, and all of the people all of the time, but you can't please everybody all of the time.

(snipped)

My mama one time told me "Baby, you can't please everyone. SOMEONE is gonna be unhappy. Might as well be the other guy."

hahaha

I think there should always be a 3rd party when it comes to public donations. Otherwise the not so 'nice' people of the world could have motives.

I hope the local areas or even if it's just the 'state' of Florida should be more than enough to get donations from to pay bills and put food on the table. At some point though, the man will have to go back to work. As hard as that is, he has other children to help support.

I doubt anyone on this forum could go "back to work" after their child went missing. It's only been 9 days.

He is a crane operator, not exactly a low risk job. I would not want my husband's life in the hands of a very distracted crane operator if he worked in the same plant. There is no way they should allow him back to work.

There is also no reason he shouldn't still be getting a check. It has only been a couple of weeks. Sick time, vacation time, and family emergency leave should more than cover a couple of weeks.

Doubt he would have vacation time or sick leave accrued as he has only been on the job 2 weeks.

Ronald works for a big company. Surely they could put him in a low impact job instead of operating a crane.

I feel like they should help him in some way.

I agree with you, tehcloser. When and if LE clears Ronald and/or Misty, then I will not say anything negative about them. As it is, it has been this long and LE hasn't been able to clear them.

Their story either changes everyday or something new is added to it.

I agree with you, tehcloser. When and if LE clears Ronald and/or Misty, then I will not say anything negative about them. As it is, it has been this long and LE hasn't been able to clear them.

I know, I find my self sititng here wondering what's next......

Exactly! If LE cannot clear them, and say they are not at fault in any way shape or form, then we can't either!!!

Just putting this out there - please don't slap me. I'm leaving anyway - have a HS art show and culinary tasting for my DD.

Ron hasn't changed his story because he doesn't have a story. "I was at work". Now LE said, very briefly, yesterday that RC was at work - if you watch that presser - the LE looks left when he says it - was he there and then left? Don't know.

Ron's story hasn't changed because he doesn't have one. But he does have at least one other child that we knew nothing about. hhhmmm.......

Just putting this out there - please don't slap me. I'm leaving anyway - have a HS art show and culinary tasting for my DD.

Ron hasn't changed his story because he doesn't have a story. "I was at work". Now LE said, very briefly, yesterday that RC was at work - if you watch that presser - the LE looks left when he says it - was he there and then left? Don't know.

Ron's story hasn't changed because he doesn't have one. But he does have at least one other child that we knew nothing about. hhhmmm.......

Bolded by me.

Thank you!!!

When the reporter asked if Ron believed Misty was telling the truth, and if he believed she was at hme, he answered"I believe she is telling the truth" (Did not specifically say he believes she was home, or anything about being home)
He said "I dont know whats what"
"Concentrate on my daughter missing, not whats goin on in my life"
"No fight, no cousin, no gun"
Reporter:"Do you have another child besides Jr and Haleigh?" pause........"possibly"

Okie dokie then, why did his own family and girlfriend say it was so?

As long as LE has not named a POI and has not cleared anyone, it's all up for discussion within the TOS. Yes we should be empathetic to them because they are in sense a victim in this. But you first have to determine if they are a victim or not. The Sheriff has not given us that yet. What happens to crime victims is much more horrible than what their family is going through. Tearing their life apart is just the way it is in an investigation. You can bet LE is doing that and more.

Crimes are dirty and nasty. What the vics go through is dirty and nasty. I don't know how clean and purty you can keep a discussion about it. Solving crimes is not about putting on rose colored glasses and thinking positive thoughts and topping it off with a shiney bow. The only thing that matters is finding out what happened and you can't do that without the truth. IMO, the hurt, embarrased and offended feelings of a crime victims family is trumped by what happened to the crime victim.

Doubt he would have vacation time or sick leave accrued as he has only been on the job 2 weeks.

Ronald works for a big company. Surely they could put him in a low impact job instead of operating a crane.

I feel like they should help him in some way.

Hmmm, I had read he had only been on the night shift for two weeks, not that he had just started. With this case it is hard to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie