2009.02.27 - Lee's Deposition - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selective memory is what I call it. It is very hard to believe that all this time Casey was out on bond he didn't get around to asking questions like, where were you going that day Caylee was kidnapped from Blanchard Park, by the "nanny" ? Most people who drop their children off with the babysitter, I'm sorry the word babysitter is so crude, I mean nanny...most people have a job to go to when they leave their children with the nanny...so, Casey where were you going ? Nope, Lee never got around to asking that question. Or the question JM raised about telling LE about ZG at Sawgrass, but being too afraid for everyone's safety to tell them about the incident at Blanchard, which involved the same person that was at Sawgrass, ZG. Nope Lee never got around to that one either. Did Lee ever think that Casey was actually responsible for the disappearance and death of Caylee ? Don't believe he wanted to answer that one either. Or what did your mom say when she heard about the "blockbuster", Caylee was kidnapped from Blanchard NOT the Sawgrass Apt's, Lee said that he couldn't remember her reaction at all. That's how eventful that "blockbuster" was ! It wasn't important because they all knew it was just another story, about as meaningful as the one about ZG at Sawgrass. What about the fact that Casey just stood by while these kidnappers took her daughter, "forcefully" at the park ? Lee's answer...it was "surreal" to her, that's it, it was surreal and that's why she didn't fight or scream, and that is why she followed the "script" religously, well that and all of their lives were being threatened and you know how protective Casey is of her family ! Since we know that they didn't talk about Caylee's disappearance, what did they talk about while Casey was home ?

Exactly. I think he was trying to appear as cooperative as possible - even jovial - so it would seem as though he was being forthcoming. But his statements that he couldn't remember things, and didn't ask obvious things...just didn't ring true at all. Casey COMPLETELY changed her story about the "kidnapping" and that wasn't significant to him? Come on now!

I really wanted the attorney to ask him why Casey was not speaking out now that Caylee's body was found. Since she no longer needs to protect her daughter from ZFG...why hasn't Casey spilled the beans on what she knows? If Lee believed her story (cough cough), I would think he would be encouraging her to speak so she could be set free! ;)

If Lee performs like this on the stand during her trial...he will be a tremendous asset to the state. His credibility will go down the tubes. IMO.

They did try to circumvent the investigation. For instance, CA lied to the media about when LE did forensics on the car, picked up the car, and other matters. In a CA/LE interview Yuri called CA out on each of these lies and let her know that every time one of her lies about LE is on TV he and other investigators are called in to superiors and have to explain it which is causing LE to waste time on that as opposed to spending time on the investigation. CA refused to turn over some receipts and other things asked for because according to CA she didn't think they were relevant.Another instance, when asked for Caylee's brush CA did not give LE the brush that only Caylee used but a brush that KC used and sometimes Caylee. Those three instances are off the top of my head. There were others.

George, Cindy, and Lee have all refused to take polygraphs. More recently, they've all refused to talk with LE further unless they're granted immunity. This suggests they are concerned about being charged with a crime if they speak truthfully. Earlier, Cindy refused to give TM something of Caylee's to give search dogs Caylee's scent. I know there's a lot more examples of GA and CA impeding the investigation.

When I saw the bracelet, in the video of the deposition, I thought that it very well could contain the cremated remains of Caylee. I have never actually seen this type of jewelry, but I do wonder if Cindy's request for George to "pick out some jewelry" was for that purpose.
I was surfing the net for cremation jewelry and this bracelet is similar to the one Lee was wearing, his was gold..

http://www.funeral-urn.com/cremation-jewelry-titanium-bracelet.aspx

I haven't plowed through thread 1 either - it was 68 pages long when I looked at it on Saturday - but I did watch all of Lee's deposition on WFTV's website and I also wondered about the bracelet Lee was wearing on his right wrist and whether it was cremation jewelry.

Do you really believe that Cindy thought she could simply wash a pair of pants and keep Casey from being convicted of murder? Cindy volunteered the information about the pants when she could have simply pretended it never happened. Not very good circumventing there, IMO. Cindy voluntarily provided a hair brush, with Caylee's hair, as well as many other items containing Caylee's DNA. How does that equate to circumventing the investigation?

We don't know when Cindy realized a Winnie the Pooh blanket was missing, but if Cindy were attempting to circumvent the investigation, wouldn't it have made more sense for her to deny it? Caylee's body would not have been found any sooner if LE knew to look for a certain blanket.

I totally understand why Cindy did not want LE talking to her extremely ill and fragile father. There was nothing they could learn from him that they couldn't find out through other channels. The fact is that even after LE went to the nursing home, Cindy continued to cooperate.

George and Cindy voluntarily allowed LE to take their computers, the car, and anything else they asked for. Cindy even attempted to get them to take things they didn't want. I see no circumventing.

I'll be in the minority and agree with what you say here. I believe if all of these incidents were sincere attempts at circumventing the investigation, there would have been some heavy interrogating going on.. even some arrests.

What gives me pause about the A's is their words more than their actions. Lee's deposition sounded so much like CA's police interview where she was explaining outlandish lies by KC as if they weren't outlandish at all.

For instance, CA describing KC's trip to the Hard Rock Hotel, the accident, staying with Zani in the hospital, sending Caylee back to the hotel with someone else.

I see that strangeness mirrored in Lee when in the deposition he describes "someone changed KC's password to timer55.... she told me what it meant and it gave me the chills.... Zani is forcing KC to go to Target etc. at a certain time and certain day... when someone has your daughter you do what they say! Jeez!"

I can't figure out if CA and LA are really that dimwitted, or if they've teamed up to appear that dimwitted.

Selective memory is what I call it. It is very hard to believe that all this time Casey was out on bond he didn't get around to asking questions like, where were you going that day Caylee was kidnapped from Blanchard Park, by the "nanny" ? Most people who drop their children off with the babysitter, I'm sorry the word babysitter is so crude, I mean nanny...most people have a job to go to when they leave their children with the nanny...so, Casey where were you going ? Nope, Lee never got around to asking that question. Or the question JM raised about telling LE about ZG at Sawgrass, but being too afraid for everyone's safety to tell them about the incident at Blanchard, which involved the same person that was at Sawgrass, ZG. Nope Lee never got around to that one either. Did Lee ever think that Casey was actually responsible for the disappearance and death of Caylee ? Don't believe he wanted to answer that one either. Or what did your mom say when she heard about the "blockbuster", Caylee was kidnapped from Blanchard NOT the Sawgrass Apt's, Lee said that he couldn't remember her reaction at all. That's how eventful that "blockbuster" was ! It wasn't important because they all knew it was just another story, about as meaningful as the one about ZG at Sawgrass. What about the fact that Casey just stood by while these kidnappers took her daughter, "forcefully" at the park ? Lee's answer...it was "surreal" to her, that's it, it was surreal and that's why she didn't fight or scream, and that is why she followed the "script" religously, well that and all of their lives were being threatened and you know how protective Casey is of her family ! Since we know that they didn't talk about Caylee's disappearance, what did they talk about while Casey was home ?

YES YES...it is this very subject that really got my goat in the depo. Regarding the question JM asked about who all did Lee talk to, JM wanted some names, some specifics, and then somehow after Lee answered in generalities, JM was going to press him on this, but they got steered off that topic. That was disappointing.
And the way JM attacked the story switch from Sawgrass to JBP I thought was done well. Lee looked foolish with his lame a$$ answers about how he didn't go to the police and he never really questioned KC forcefully about the whole thing. Basically, it was yet another example of how the family just dances around her on eggshells, afraid to be too confrontational. JM pointing out that no one even bothered to ask KC if "ZG" had a gun and that KC didn't make a scene was very telling as well. While parts of the depo were brilliant on his part, there were other parts that were disappointing. Lee, I think, did not come out smelling like the proverbial rose at all.

This made me think about the whole JBP "scenario." If someone was threatening me and kidnapping my child, I'd raise holy heck and draw some attention to the area and the people who were trying to do this to me. That KC was in shock and felt surreal is hogwash....then again, when KC knows what really happened, how else was she gonna say she reacted in this fantasy scenario!

I'll be in the minority and agree with what you say here. I believe if all of these incidents were sincere attempts at circumventing the investigation, there would have been some heavy interrogating going on.. even some arrests.

What gives me pause about the A's is their words more than their actions. Lee's deposition sounded so much like CA's police interview where she was explaining outlandish lies by KC as if they weren't outlandish at all.

For instance, CA describing KC's trip to the Hard Rock Hotel, the accident, staying with Zani in the hospital, sending Caylee back to the hotel with someone else.

I see that strangeness mirrored in Lee when in the deposition he describes "someone changed KC's password to timer55.... she told me what it meant and it gave me the chills.... Zani is forcing KC to go to Target etc. at a certain time and certain day... when someone has your daughter you do what they say! Jeez!"

I can't figure out if CA and LA are really that dimwitted, or if they've teamed up to appear that dimwitted.

It's hard to believe ANYONE could be that dimwitted, that's what the problem is here. But, I guess they must be. The alternative would be to admit that a member of your family is that evil. IDK, I'd hate to think I'd be so dim that I wouldn't admit it. Heck, even Jeffrey Dahmer's dad stepped up to the plate, and you gotta respect someone for that. At this point, though, I have no respect for the Anthonys. I wish one of them, JUST ONE, would come out of the shadows and man up.

<snip>
This made me think about the whole JBP "scenario." If someone was threatening me and kidnapping my child, I'd raise holy heck and draw some attention to the area and the people who were trying to do this to me. That KC was in shock and felt surreal is hogwash....then again, when KC knows what really happened, how else was she gonna say she reacted in this fantasy scenario!

The surreal thing is about the only thing I could relate to.

Years ago when my son was almost 4 we were at a county fair. My DH and another couple were waiting for our gorgeous blond haired, blue eyed child to get off a kiddy ride not realizing we were at the wrong gate until the children got off. I rush through the crowd and found a lady of an entirely different race walking off with my child hand in hand in the opposite direction. I caught up with them and grab my child's hand away from her, she mumble something about she thought he was one of the children that came with her(only there were no other children with her).

I guess I was in shock too, I just raced back to my DH with my son, he was totally unaware of what had happened. To this day whenever I think about it I am amazed I didn't do more. I should have screamed for my DH, the police, anyone to stop that woman, no way her excuse was real. It bothers me that I left that woman out there to prey on other children...it was so surreal!

So, Casey stole money when she was in High school and lied to her family about it? Did I understand that bit right?

Lee's explanation about JBP was illuminating. He must have thought for at least 47 seconds and no-one else said a word during that time. (What was his mother's reaction?). He can't lie, but he can't tell the whole truth either IMO. Very illuminating.

If Lee truly believes everything his sister told him about ZFG, and he believes that ZFG has a key to the Anthony home, I would have loved to hear him answer this question: "If you believe ZFG, who obviously is a VERY dangerous individual, had a key to your parents home, and she had threatened to harm or kill the entire family, including you, why did you not ask your sister why she didn't warn Mom & Dad to have the locks changed on the house? She only gave out this piece of information after she was jailed, and STILL did not advise them to change locks. Are you still worried about your and your parents' safety?"

LA does not have the demeanor of someone who is grief-stricken over the murder of his beloved neice and worried over the danger the entire family could still be in. His demeanor was of someone who was in a job interview and not taking the interview seriously at that. The laughing really was a turn-off. Gag.

Since Casey didn't tell the JBP story to the police, I'm still curious how it will play out in court. The prosecution has Casey on tape saying that she left Caylee at the Sawgrass. If she didn't, if Caylee was kidnapped, how is that she told her family the 'real story,' but never the police? I don't see how the JBP stuff can even come in to trial unless Casey takes the stand, and wouldn't that send her to jail without passing go!? I don't think anybody else can tell the JBP story, with Casey alive, well and sitting right there in the courtroom. I think the defense is stuck with her shoddy and easily disproven left with the nanny at Sawgrass debacle, not that the JBP fiction is any better...unless Casey is willing to swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth and climb up on the witness stand. And wouldn't the prosecution have a lot of fun if that happens! Course, the prosecution may haul in all the Anthonys and have them tell the different story that Casey told them from the one she told the police. It would come in, but it would be just another Casey contratiction, another knot in the rope to hang her.

The more you watch it, the worse it gets. I guess they did try to prepare. He was clearly trying to be as vague as possible, to leave room to say something different later. He's asked to name one person he spoke to in his parallel investigation multiple times, and he can only respond "tons." He has notes that could refresh his faulty, confused memory, but he leaves those at home. He's a skin-crawlingly bad witness.

On the CA topic, I really feel the need to say that, such as they are, she got all the brains in the family. As far as impeding the investigation, just because you are not wholly successful doesn't mean you didn't try. That isn't the test. I could make an attempt to wash the evidence out of clothes, THEN volunteer them to LE. I could bleach and clean a knife and then do the same. So what? I don't know that she did every single one of her questionable post-smell-of-dead-body-in-car activities to obstruct LE, but I don't think it's out of line to be suspicious. In Casey's case, just buying time beyond the 31 days, for evidence to further erode or for the remains to decompose, could be very helpful to Casey. Why give LE a receipt from Casey's stolen CC shopping spree when you can make them work for it instead, take hours away from other things to subpoena your records. She does not ever come across to me as an innocent bumbler. I hope the plaintiff's lawyers actually prepare for her deposition - really prepare.

Since Casey didn't tell the JBP story to the police, I'm still curious how it will play out in court. The prosecution has Casey on tape saying that she left Caylee at the Sawgrass. If she didn't, if Caylee was kidnapped, how is that she told her family the 'real story,' but never the police? I don't see how the JBP stuff can even come in to trial unless Casey takes the stand, and wouldn't that send her to jail without passing go!? I don't think anybody else can tell the JBP story, with Casey alive, well and sitting right there in the courtroom. I think the defense is stuck with her shoddy and easily disproven left with the nanny at Sawgrass debacle, not that the JBP fiction is any better...unless Casey is willing to swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth and climb up on the witness stand. And wouldn't the prosecution have a lot of fun if that happens! Course, the prosecution may haul in all the Anthonys and have them tell the different story that Casey told them from the one she told the police. It would come in, but it would be just another Casey contratiction, another knot in the rope to hang her.

They don't need Casey to take the stand for the JBP story to be told. Lee will be asked by the prosecution to recount what his sister told him and he will tell it. He's locked into it now.

And if JB has any sense he will try to get KC's statement thrown out based on Miranda. Although the DA has a good arguement against that happening.

One thing that LA said has made me change my mind from thinking the death could have been an accident to the states theory of murder. He claimed that nothing happened the night of the 15th and that CA did not tell Casey to get out of the house and had no idea why casey left. Maybe the fight really had nothing to do with it. By hearing the way Casey talks to her mother, I am sure they have had many fights and this was the norm for them. GA claims everything was normal the morning of the 16th. This actually supports the premise that this was a premeditated murder. Casey taking off was part of her master plan to get rid of Caylee and had nothing to do with a fight.

OK. After watching this deposition, I have come to a conclusion about why we cannot really come to a consensus about Lee. I STILL cannot really make up my mind. Here's why - He's not consistent!!!! On section #5 he says that he thinks there is SOME truth in the JBP story(as opposed to it being "the" truth), and he admits he was going along with whatever she said to get information out of her!!!! But then he goes on and on about how she was lying to protect Caylee, and he completely understands.... AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH.

They don't need Casey to take the stand for the JBP story to be told. Lee will be asked by the prosecution to recount what his sister told him and he will tell it. He's locked into it now.

And if JB has any sense he will try to get KC's statement thrown out based on Miranda. Although the DA has a good arguement against that happening.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure JB has already filed a motion to try to do that. It wouldn't matter if they were to throw out what she told YM and others in her police interviews, because she was blabbing her crazy story to all sorts of non-LE people, and all those statements by her would come into evidence. And her conversation with the 911 operator would come in, because it isn't covered by Miranda.

But I don't think JB's motion would succeed anyway. I think her whole interview(s) with the detectives will come in. By claiming that Caylee was the victim of a kidnapping, KC put herself in a delicate position: on the one hand, it's always good for a person who's committed a crime (IMO she had committed murder) to be quiet and not talk to police at all, if they want to keep from giving evidence against themselves. On the other hand, it's kind of hard to sustain this "my baby was kidnapped" story if you are suddenly clamming up. It makes it look like you aren't willing to help find your baby. And she certainly had to project the image of someone who really wanted to find her baby.

And IMO the JBP story is even harder to believe than the Sawgrass story. The jury can take their pick. Then they can wonder why she told at least 2 different stories. Then they can discover what we've discovered: it's all a pack of lies, every bit of it. My opinion only.

Medium length straight dark hair, a long narrow face with many moles, blue (and sometimes brown) eyes, and horse teeth. :innocent:

It took me a minute but you have me cackling out loud over here. Good one.

I cannot believe Lee and the nonsense he talks. Speaks...attempts to speak, whatever. Infatuation at the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly Willy
I really don't see all this energy they spent in attempting to circumvent the investigation. :waitasec: I suppose I'll never understand why they keep being accused of that.
Now I know you had to watch Cindy's interview with the FBI and OCSO, right ? How about her answers to the FBI's little questionaire on Casey ? The one where she said basically Casey was well adjusted, caring, loving, always thinking of other's, etc etc. Does that sound like someone who is cooperating with LE ? How about when...

she washes Casey's pants that "smell like the car"

gives LE, for DNA purposes, the hairbrush used by Casey and Caylee instead of going into her bathroom and retrieving the brush used only byCaylee

Telling LE in Mid December, after the remains had been found, that oh yeah a Winnie the Pooh blanket is missing

And, tells LE in Mid December that she had her "people" search the area where Caylee was found in November and there was nothing there then, she alerted her people to this area, but didn't think it necessary to alert LE...

Did not offer up her JC Penney statement to OCSO when asked to do so, but did generously give them receipts. She determined that was good enough and that they didn't really need the statement.

Staement to Yuri that if he sent police to her father's nursing home that she would not cooperate in the investigation anymore

I know there is more, but this is just from memory, maybe others can think of additional incident's.
:clap::clap::clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member