2009.03.03 Nancy Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what one media outlet says about the dumpster

Late last week, search teams with dogs specially trained to find human remains canvassed the area around the Cummings home. Three of those dogs "alerted" at a trash container in a neighboring subdivision, but it was believed they were reacting to a personal hygiene item found inside.

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/03/03/news/news01.txt

I thought authorities from that "other case" said that it is not possible for these dogs to hit on anything other than human remains? But maybe the actual dog and handler/training received could make a difference? I can see Orange County having a better quality of dog/handler/training as there is more money in that county.
I hope LE in this case/county knows what its doing.

i'm glad we finally have some layout of the trailer...this has been driving me crazy. I am thinking the person had to be already in the house or came in through a window or the front door. Is the front door lock pickable? There is a porch so the person could have picked the lock and no one would have seen. He could have propped open the screen door before going around to pick the lock so he wouldn't have to worry about the screen door slamming back and waking someone up when he made a quick exit.

I thought authorities from that "other case" said that it is not possible for these dogs to hit on anything other than human remains? But maybe the actual dog and handler/training received could make a difference? I can see Orange County having a better quality of dog/handler/training as there is more money in that county.
I hope LE in this case/county knows what its doing.

I know they brought the dogs in from somewhere else. I heard on several different reports from different people and different experts...it seems to me to be all over the place. What seals it for me is that three dogs hit the dumpster. Something got their attention!!!

I know they brought the dogs in from somewhere else. I heard on several different reports from different people and different experts...it seems to me to be all over the place. What seals it for me is that three dogs hit the dumpster. Something got their attention!!!

Thats what I don't understand. Three dogs but they don't have anything!

i'm glad we finally have some layout of the trailer...this has been driving me crazy. I am thinking the person had to be already in the house or came in through a window or the front door. Is the front door lock pickable? There is a porch so the person could have picked the lock and no one would have seen. He could have propped open the screen door before going around to pick the lock so he wouldn't have to worry about the screen door slamming back and waking someone up when he made a quick exit.

Must be a strange trailer layout ???

If the master is to the (front) right, it must have 2nd bedroom next to/behind it.

living dining in the middle

3rd bedroom (with skylight?) to the left front...w/kitchen & side back door next to/ behind it ??

This is what one media outlet says about the dumpster

Late last week, search teams with dogs specially trained to find human remains canvassed the area around the Cummings home. Three of those dogs "alerted" at a trash container in a neighboring subdivision, but it was believed they were reacting to a personal hygiene item found inside.

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/03/03/news/news01.txt

They are wrong. I think the reporter either got it wrong or was told something to just get him outta their hair. Or the dogs are very badly trained. If that were true think about how useless cadaver dogs would be. Almost every garbage can in amerca has personal hygiene items inside.

Rev. Smallwood, former tenant of mobile home, on show again. Describing master bedroom, 10 x 14, very large bath at end of bedroom. Back kitchen door at opposite end of mobile home from master bedroom, through laundry room. Metal sliding bolt on door to keep it from popping open.

Ray Guidice: difficult to believe somebody was walking around inside house without anybody noticing; floor creaks.

strange....I was thinking the master was on the same end as the kitchen.....

D/W I've seen have the 'skylight' in the master bath.....it looks to me from the pics to be a skylight on the left front roof.

They are wrong. I think the reporter either got it wrong or was told something to just get him outta their hair. Or the dogs are very badly trained. If that were true think about how useless cadaver dogs would be. Almost every garbage can in amerca has personal hygiene items inside.

Thats what I am thinking---that the dogs/handlers/training is not of the highest quality OR they did find something but are denying it. It doesn't make sense otherwise.

Was the former tenant saying that if an intruder came in the back door he'd go thru the living room, then the kitchen, and then the utility room to get to the bedroom? If so, I had it the other way around because one of the family said that the washer is right there at the back door. Where the heck is that back door that was propped open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam