2009.03.06 Nancy Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just occurred to me (probably already been discussed) but maybe Misty & kids were used to hearing Ron come home in the middle of the night. Anyone else???

Yes and Haleigh may have even gotten up to see Daddy but it wasn't Daddy instead it was an intruder.

IMO Ron would not hesitate to get in front of the media if it was about his daughter, and not mudslinging which does nothing to bring Haleigh home. Instead he is putting up fliers.

He is at that unfortunate point that there is no news about Haleigh, so the only thing the media finds interesting about him now is his past, his charges, his judgement and his family.

The media will treat the family with kid gloves in the beginning, partially because there is a story to tell, but if it goes on long enough with no real leads and no suspect, they will turn on you. He doesn't handle that portion well, not many can, a few, but not many.

I think he is much better served having other family members make his pleas at this point.

If it is true that little Ron Jr. woke up and saw a man in black take his sister - what kept him quiet so as not to wake Misty ? Seems wrong to me.

I'm glad NG is on the case.
JVM had nothing on.
Wonder about Greta????

After seeing where the beds are, one thing that strikes me is the perp would have to walk inside the bedroom, alongside the big bed where Misty and Jr. were, stand next to Haleigh's bed (one side of which is up against a wall) and then make sure she doesn't make any noise, pick her up, and then carry her out through the length of the house out the back door. Unless the perp were armed and ready to shoot Misty and Jr., it seems pretty bold that he wouldn't get caught. MOO

Not to mention, without a frame and box spring (and no criticism there- my child slept on a mattress on the floor until he was 6 because he had a nasty habit of falling out of bed- the fall was less from a mattress than from a full bed) the perp would have to practically kneel down, pick up Haleigh and get back up. That's a bit of a hassle and would cause some rustling and noise.

IMO Nobody from the outside came into that house and carried Haleigh away while Misty was sleeping four feet away without disturbing her.

I agree in front of the camera is not where Ron needs to be.

He is at that unfortunate point that there is no news about Haleigh, so the only thing the media finds interesting about him now is his past, his charges, his judgement and his family.

The media will treat the family with kid gloves in the beginning, partially because there is a story to tell, but if it goes on long enough with no real leads and no suspect, they will turn on you. He doesn't handle that portion well, not many can, a few, but not many.

I think he is much better served having other family members make his pleas at this point.

Wow, I'm glad Nancy said this. I hope Ms. Neves heard it too, it seems she makes an awful lot of excuses for Ron.
But in all fairness, he probably IS tired of the media... I would hate to have to have them in my face day and night. But if this is what it is going to take to bring Haleigh home, then bring 'em on! I would go on t.v. every 30 minutes and BEG them, over and over till everybody gets sick of hearing it.

I do not think Teresa Neves makes a lot of excuses for her son! NG asked her why Ron was not allowing the media to interview him and Teresa Neves answered. Teresa Neves looks to be totally distraught with grief over her missing grand daughter. Also, there is no telling what an emotional wreck Ronald Cummings is by this time. Unless someone is truly in this families shoes, I do not think one can say for certain what they might do in this situation.

I believe Geraldo getting in Ronald's face is the main reason he does not want to be interviewed. Geraldo blind sided RC with his Jerry Springer cheap tactic.
Why judge these people so hard? Their child/grand child is missing.
Respectfully,
JMO

IMO I do not think RJ saw anything, does not make sense that he saw someone take his sister but then just fell back asleep.

If it is true that little Ron Jr. woke up and saw a man in black take his sister - what kept him quiet so as not to wake Misty ? Seems wrong to me.

Maybe there was no door on the masterbath and Misty wasn't comfortable going to the bathroom with Jr right in the room OR maybe the children were lite sleepers so she went to the other bathroom. Also, when I was a teenager I did alot of babysitting. I would often fall asleep, the parents would return home and I wouldn't hear a thing,especially if it was really late. (Yep, they always got me back but then this was many years ago when people didn't even lock their doors.)

Yes and Haleigh may have even gotten up to see Daddy but it wasn't Daddy instead it was an intruder.
I've also thought this could be a possibility, or maybe even Haleigh got up went into the kitchen, turned the light on and the perp was there ~ so instead of abducting her from her bed, he got her in the kitchen. Just one theory.

Could very well be and could be once he gets home he carries Haleigh to her bedroom and JR to the mattress on the floor. Would explain why Haleigh didnt scream with someone picking her up. This was a fairly new shift for Ron so it could even be why Misty woke up around the 3 am mark without realize because her body clock is adjusting to waking up when Ron comes home.

Absolutely! When our kids were young, my husband would come from work at 4AM and we were so used to the sounds it didn't bother anyone. I can't believe I didn't think about this earlier. This thought along with seeing the layout really puts things in a different light for me.

I wonder if he saw a shadow?
or imagination? like batman?
How lit up is the dark home at night?
Skylights? blinds open? thru windows? (full moon)
someone said he said 'black man in black'..........
is someone trying to pin this on RC friend Orlando?

IMO I do not thing JR saw anything, does not make sense that he saw someone take his sister but then just fell back asleep.

I agree, it doesn't make sense he would be quiet or just go back to sleep. Either he saw nothing or he saw someone he knew- JMO

Not to mention, without a frame and box spring (and no criticism there- my child slept on a mattress on the floor until he was 6 because he had a nasty habit of falling out of bed- the fall was less from a mattress than from a full bed) the perp would have to practically kneel down, pick up Haleigh and get back up. That's a bit of a hassle and would cause some rustling and noise.

IMO Nobody from the outside came into that house and carried Haleigh away while Misty was sleeping four feet away without disturbing her.
We're thinking alike on this. :) I can still see an intruder, but only if he knows the house, maybe knows Haleigh, or Haleigh wasn't in the bedroom. And if the back door was already unlocked. MOO

I do not think Teresa Neves makes a lot of excuses for her son! NG asked her why Ron was not allowing the media to interview him and Teresa Neves answered. Teresa Neves looks to be totally distraught with grief over her missing grand daughter. Also, there is no telling what an emotional wreck Ronald Cummings is by this time. Unless someone is truly in this families shoes, I do not think one can say for certain what they might do in this situation.

I believe Geraldo getting in Ronald's face is the main reason he does not want to be interviewed. Geraldo blind sided RC with his Jerry Springer cheap tactic.
Respectfully,
JMO

Very well said :clap::clap::clap:

What I find ODD about NO FORCED ENTRY! I believe the 911 operator asked Misty if the door was forced open? (Im summarizing, not quoting.)

Misty responds ... hold on!

She woke up at 3:00am to use the bathroom, she didnt call 911 till RC got home at 3:27am ... seems to me she wouldve had at least 27mins to realize if the door had been forced open.

That's a really good point. One I hadn't thought of before now!!!
Kudos!!!

I still feel he had a dream much later than the night Haleigh went missing. He was so stressed about everything and missing his sister that he probably dreamed it, or wanted to "help" find her.

Respectfully,
JMO

I'm not too bothered by TN defending Ron as a good dad- because I think he was. Haleigh was clearly happy, full of joy and light. And that's in spite of whatever other activities I believe he engaged in- he clearly loved his daughter.

What I have a problem with is the blind defense of Misty. I think if Ron and his family leaned on her she might come clean or at least slip up.

This is not about who is right or wrong. It's about getting a little girl back home with her family. They need to treat Misty as disposable and really beat up on her to get to the bottom of this.

After seeing where the beds are, one thing that strikes me is the perp would have to walk inside the bedroom, alongside the big bed where Misty and Jr. were, stand next to Haleigh's bed (one side of which is up against a wall) and then make sure she doesn't make any noise, pick her up, and then carry her out through the length of the house out the back door. Unless the perp were armed and ready to shoot Misty and Jr., it seems pretty bold that he wouldn't get caught. MOO

I am not defending Misty, but look at the Smart girl that was abducted. There were others in the room!

I also think with the big bed on the floor Misty would have heard or felt the foot steps. The vibration of the foot steps would go through the matress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine