2009.03.18 Nancy Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job Nancy! Nobody gets to the bottom line like you do.

Marc Klass, you're a diamond. Keep the focus on Haleigh!

~

Pardon if this has been mentioned before: A. Harris said last night on the show that he would have pictures up on his site ASAP of the abuse that Crystal says has happened over the years. A. Harris' site is gone.

I think Nancy did a great job interviewing Crystal and her attorney. Crystal totally contradicted herself several times and the attorney looked like she was about to throw a hissy fit. Neither looked competent.

And big kudos to Mark Klaas. Wonderful man.

Pardon if this has been mentioned before: A. Harris said last night on the show that he would have pictures up on his site ASAP of the abuse that Crystal says has happened over the years. A. Harris' site is gone.

Good morning debs.:)
I've been trying to get on that site since about 3:30 this morning. I thought it was just my computer being a butt again. I keep getting a page 404 thing.

I got to the art harris site, but have yet to find any of the pics he said he would be putting up of the "abuse".

I got to the art harris site, but have yet to find any of the pics he said he would be putting up of the "abuse".

The site is up again, thanks for letting me know. And still no pics.

The site is up again, thanks for letting me know. And still no pics.

You're welcome. If pics are finally put up, would it be posted in media links if I miss it? I would like to see the pics because I am wondering if they are as bad as CS attorney seems to think they are, why wait until now to do anything about this? And if people are "coming out of the woodwork" why hasn't any of these people said or reported anything before now? From the sounds of it, there are ALOT of people who have supposidly witnessed this abuse, it just seems very odd to me that in this day and age, no one took it upon themselves to report this...........Now, I'm off to feed the horses!

I think both Ron and RJ are staying with Ron's grandmother (RJ's great
grandmother).
It was on NG last night.

Thanks for the info, harleysnana!

So I guess that means MC is also staying with her. (?)

I watched NG last night and think that she outdid herself in terms of rude, hateful behavior. She is obviously partial to Ron. Why? I have no idea, except that she has probably lined Ron and camp up for a number of appearances, probably starting tonight. I hope that Crystal, her attorney and other members of Crystal's family refuse any further offers of appearances on the NG show.

Hi:

I watched NG last night. While I thought she was rude to CS and her attorney, I felt that she was making valid points. My impression of Crystal is that didn't really care that much for her children in the past. All she did was make excuses for not reporting the suspected abuse sooner. She made excuses for not living close to the kids (she apparently wanted to get away from him), made excuses for missing drs appointments and court dates, excuses for everything. Now she sees an opportunity to get junior back and probably get a lot of donations at her little centre there. As Marc Klass said, she is taking the focus off Haleigh. She is really only concerned with herself which appears to be a common theme with her.

I pretty much agree with this. I don't think she cared much for her children in the past, either. I also don't think Ron cared much for his children in the past. Crystal alleges he abused them? I am completely willing to believe that he neglected them. With occasional rages or whatever thrown in. Why? Because on the JVM show last night they pointed out that RC has what they called a "long" record of past drug convictions.

I think drug abuse--in the past and IMO maybe in the present, on the part of both parents-- is the elephant in the room in this case. Why did Crystal "move 100 miles away from her children" when she left RC? (As NG so sanctimoniously pointed out.) I think that was just part of the neglect which, IMO, both parents engaged in towards these children. If Crystal had a drug habit--and in my OPINION from what I've heard, she did--then I think the real reason she moved so far was because she couldn't find anyone nearer with whom she could stay. In my experience, people who abuse drugs NEVER have any money. So many of them end up homeless unless they have someone (relative, etc.) to take them in.

Someone who missed 10 or so of her child's doctor appointments, when her child has a very serious condition--that, to me, screams of someone who is IMO abusing drugs. Someone who acts the way RC acts--threatening people when he supposedly hasn't even figured out what really happened to his daughter yet--that, to me, screams of someone who is IMO abusing drugs. AND someone who is clueless when a child is snatched right out of the room they're sleeping in, who doesn't think to call 911 until they are told to do so, who is contradictory in explaining what they think happened... IN MY OPINION MC might have been using something that evening, and when you're high you are not going to have the slightest idea what's happening around you.

That business of RC camping in a tent outside his home while it was sealed off. Okay, at first... I guess I can see that. But then later... it was time for some one of his relatives to just take him to their house so he could truly get some rest and begin to plan what to do. But I didn't see anyone coming forward. What was up with the relatives--his, or MC's? If I'd been in that situation, one or both of my parents, or my sibling, or even an in-law, would have gently taken me to their house and tried to help me any way they could.

When Laci Peterson was "missing", IMO no one was more upset than Sharon Rocha. Yet she did not camp outside the house, even though she was desperately trying to figure out what happened. Nor did the relatives of Elizabeth Smart decide they "just couldn't go back into their home", even though their home was the scene of the crime. I think RC's nasty attitude and maybe his criminal record were what made his relatives hesitant to have him come to live with them even temporarily.

Sorry this is so long.

The more I read about this case the less I understand. Is there anyone in the family without a rap sheet? I don't understand leaving a six month old baby and a toddler behind to get away from a husband. I would have fought like a tiger and I would have taken my kids to a Dr. if I had to walk there. Nancy was rough on them but I see why. Ron seems like a ticking time bomb. The whole thing is such a huge mess. The poor children were just caught in a perfect storm of selfish and law bending adults.

I watched NG last night and think that she outdid herself in terms of rude, hateful behavior. She is obviously partial to Ron. Why? I have no idea, except that she has probably lined Ron and camp up for a number of appearances, probably starting tonight. I hope that Crystal, her attorney and other members of Crystal's family refuse any further offers of appearances on the NG show.

As I see it, NG was very "gentle" with Crystal until she got a lawyer. NG is known for being hard on the lawyers so I guess I would have to call into play the judgment of CS's attorney for even "going there".

And, as I see it, NG was actually going easy on CS to a certain extent.

*NG didn't bring up the child support arrears and her prior work record
*NG didn't bring up, specifically, CS's past drug history
*NG didn't bring up the question of why, in the court custody record, CS had an allegation of child endangerment (or something like that) against her
*NG didn't bring up the questionable comment on CS's Myspace about the "brats" (OK don't hit me, I know that may have been an innocent joke, BUT if *NG choose to put it out there... wouldn't have looked "great" for CS.
*NG didn't bring up Chad's, more recent, drug charge or the order of protection Chad's wife had on him for, I think, two years.
*NG didn't bring up anything about Marie's record
*NG didn't bring up CS's father's record, etc.
Etc. Etc.

She really could have got down and dirty like GR did for CS. Turn about is fair play when the mud is flying, and no one can dispute it was started by CS's camp. But Nancy seemed to sticking to the issue at hand last night IMO. I think it's fair game since Crystal choose to fight this battle in the court of public opinion with a well seasoned Attorney. Not "in it's rightful place" as Mark Klass suggested.

As I've stated before, I think poor Crystal is getting VERY bad advice. I actually feel sorry for her. Although "my opinion" I don't think she really wanted this war, judging from so many of the comments she has previously made which I found to be truthful IMO

Hi:

I watched NG last night. While I thought she was rude to CS and her attorney, I felt that she was making valid points. My impression of Crystal is that didn't really care that much for her children in the past. All she did was make excuses for not reporting the suspected abuse sooner. She made excuses for not living close to the kids (she apparently wanted to get away from him), made excuses for missing drs appointments and court dates, excuses for everything. Now she sees an opportunity to get junior back and probably get a lot of donations at her little centre there. As Marc Klass said, she is taking the focus off Haleigh. She is really only concerned with herself which appears to be a common theme with her.

Just because NG continued to roll over the statement that Crystal contacted DFS each time she witnessed something suspicious doesn't mean that Crystal did not contact them. It is obvious that DFS was involved in Ron's parenting, since both he and his grandmother insist that he disciplined his children according to how DFS said he could. I can't understand why people don't connect logically to the fact that Ron had to be told by DFS what is appropriate discipline!

Just because NG continued to roll over the statement that Crystal contacted DFS each time she witnessed something suspicious doesn't mean that Crystal did not contact them. It is obvious that DFS was involved in Ron's parenting, since both he and his grandmother insist that he disciplined his children according to how DFS said he could. I can't understand why people don't connect logically to the fact that Ron had to be told by DFS what is appropriate discipline!
Very well said.

I don't know if the timing of the custody is really insane, a wedding, yes I think it's insane to have a wedding when your child is missing. Haleigh has been missing for over a month now, God forbid, what if she is never found? What if the answers to her disappearance are never known? If the mother thinks the son is now in danger, why should she wait? How long should she wait to try to get custody and get him out of an abusive home? She's already waited long enough if she had suspected abuse in the past but didn't have proof.

IMO this whole thing is a mess!!!! Seriously, this child has been missing for over a month. And the police have no idea what happened to her? Its very unsettling. No POI, no suspects, no theory, nothing???????
Yes, where is that child?!

Nancy Grace was completely out of line last night. Once she started in on Crystal, you could see the surprise on her attorneys face. They went to commercial break and the atty must have ripped Nancy a new one, because when they came back, Nancy's attitude was toned down considerably.

When I was young, I was married to an abusive man. He never hurt our children because I protected them, taking the beatings myself. When I finally divorced him he told his friends and family that I had beaten myself up to frame him. He said I gave myself two black eyes, one swollen shut, face bruised and swollen, nose and lips bloody. And it was all done with his OPEN hand, 30 hard slaps. Why would a person beat themselves up and not file charges? I went for a divorce, not revenge. Yet every time I told him he needed to pay his child support, he threatened me with taking my kids. I was too naive to know he couldn't, and he still scared me, just with his threats. My point being I can identify with Crystal. Abusers love the power and control.

On a side note, he died a few years ago from liver cancer caused by Hep C, and in agony because his stupid family called 911 instead of Hospice, which he was set up for. When the EMS arrived, they gave him Narcon, which cancelled all of the pain meds. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. When I had to tell my kids he was dying, my adult son said it felt like I had told him the neighbor was dying. That it was sad, but he felt no connection. It is true, you reap what you sew.

This is what I think Ron has done, how he operates. Crystal didn't have a lawyer back then, while Ron's momma paid for his attorney. They sent a notice to appear in court to a bogus address in Jacksonville, so she never received it, didn't show, and lost through default. He said on the second court date she showed up "loaded up". Not sure what he meant by that but I assume he means she was stoned. Was that proven, ie a drug test, or was it simply his intimidation in court that made her act strangely?

He won custody through dirty attorney tactics and bullying and intimidation, and the children have suffered for it.

Nancy Grace should be ashamed of herself for the way she behaved.

And to those who think Crystal "stole" her, why would she leave Junior behind? And if she took her, who is taking care of Haleigh while the whole family is in Satsuma? I won't even start on the child bride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member