2009.04.02~ Casey Anthony Defense Team Deposition Of Billy Richardson

If LE has to resort to using a controlled situation in order to observe KC's behavior as part of a continuing murder investigation, then so be it. It would be an entirely unnecessary if she and/or her family had cooperated fully and completely in revealing the truth when this started. Actions always speak louder than words and the words of these people only give new meaning to the word mendacity.

I really want to see this video! Why hasn't the media responded yet? Tomorrow will be their last day if they want to fight JB's motion.

While the "set up" could have been considered "cruel" in a subjective sense with a normal prisoner. The facts as revealed in the depo show that Casey WANTED to go to the nurse's station so that she could in fact watch the tv because after she heard from other inmates that something was going down, she turned on her radio to hear the news, and then told the guard on the way there she wanted to see what was going on.

Casey: "Good, because there's something going on and I want to know about it."

Lotta lil tid-bits about these depos that haven't hit the press. E-body is lookin at it as---> poor KC. Bull. Need to look at the whole thang.

KC has given nothing in the way of information to LE except lies I would consider this whole ordeal as a tool to aid LE in the investigation I think they were trying to see what was going on in her head....but does the end justify the means in this case? I don;t want defense to turn this around in KC favor a plot was set into motion here by the state IMO I don't think they infringed on her medical rights but they did play head games with her for justice ..but fairplay.. she has played head games herself..

So has defense.

I haven't gotten to anything good yet, as I am only on page six of the depo, but I just have to note the contrast between LBK & JB.

JB questions whether or not he's been sworn in, and I wonder if LBK rolled her eyes?

I want to see a depo where JB started out with instructions and questions. heh.

Gotta say - I took my hat off to her (LKB) the way she conducted that depo. Don't like her - didn't like her - won't like her, but I gotta admit she left no stone unturned. If he'd kept those training notes I'm sure she'd have combed thru them to determine how woefully poor the training was. Kinda took JB to school eh? :)

Has anyone compared this depo with Sgt Richardsons audio interview with the 2 detectives that was taken on Dec 11 just hours after all this occurred?

Anyone know the link??-I will go back and listen to it again.

Lt Unser reviewed her testimony before she went to the deposition. Richardson did not. Their depositions are different, seems like Unsers would be more accurate since it was the same as her interview with the detectives taken an hour or so after all this happened on Dec 11 .

Gotta say - I took my hat off to her (LKB) the way she conducted that depo. Don't like her - didn't like her - won't like her, but I gotta admit she left no stone unturned. If he'd kept those training notes I'm sure she'd have combed thru them to determine how woefully poor the training was. Kinda took JB to school eh? :)

ITA.

I have 3 pages of notes about what LKB was getting at, and what I suspect her follow-up actions will be between now & trial, and during trial, but I won't post them all here. :wink:

But, here's just a small taste:

• * LKB - while asking about how Billy became involved in corrections/hired, the 'cocktail party' comment was deliberately inserted on the record to 'minimize' his interest/hiring process (pg 9 line 18)
  • * LKB - asking if Billy saved his course materials for 'salary incentive' courses served two purposes
    • A. why wouldn't he save materials for refreshing the skills?
    • B. They may even try to get those older course materials to try to find flaws in his training - especially in 'Stress Management'.
    • Plus he admits he can't recall the names of other courses, therefore, later on the stand they'll go for, "do you recall what you learned in that course you can't recall the name of?" (pg 12)
  • * what IS the relevance of harping on when the ACA accreditation & yearly courses were required? Billy's been in corrections for >24 years, and ACA accredited for approx 12 (inc. 40 hrs training/year) And he dealt with KC in his 24th year. Ah, finally - she asks about sign in & sign out at said courses. So, they'll go after those.(pgs 13-14)
I've never really followed an LKB case before, so I wanted to get a feel for her style/substance and admittedly fine-combed this document.

JB is definitely getting schooled and looks further ridiculous by comparison. As much as she annoys me, I'm still glad KC has a better attorney in LKB, so chances for appeals are lessened.

ITA.

I have 3 pages of notes about what LKB was getting at, and what I suspect her follow-up actions will be between now & trial, and during trial, but I won't post them all here. :wink:

• * LKB - while asking about how Billy became involved in corrections/hired, the 'cocktail party' comment was deliberately inserted on the record to 'minimize' his interest/hiring process (pg 9 line 18)
  • * LKB - asking if Billy saved his course materials for 'salary incentive' courses served two purposes
    • B. They may even try to get those older course materials to try to find flaws in his training - especially in 'Stress Management'.
    • Plus he admits he can't recall the names of other courses, therefore, later on the stand they'll go for, "do you recall what you learned in that course you can't recall the name of?" (pg 12)
  • * what IS the relevance of harping on when the ACA accreditation & yearly courses were required? Billy's been in corrections for >24 years, and ACA accredited for approx 12 (inc. 40 hrs training/year) And he dealt with KC in his 24th year. Ah, finally - she asks about sign in & sign out at said courses. So, they'll go after those.(pgs 13-14)
I've never really followed an LKB case before, so I wanted to get a feel for her style/substance and admittedly fine-combed this document.

JB is definitely getting schooled and looks further ridiculous by comparison. As much as she annoys me, I'm still glad KC has a better attorney in LKB, so chances for appeals are lessened.
The problem I have with LKB is that she never stops. She did that during the first Phil Spector trial. On and on and on with the minutiae-just like in these depos, but MUCH LONGER. The jury's heads must have been swimming by the time she finially got done. I believe that is why the jury was hung the first time.

ITA.

I wonder just how much relevance these depositions really have regarding the criminal proceedings ........ I wonder if a foundation is being constructed regarding the county's liability in the training, or lack thereof of CO's. ACA has extremely onerous guidelines which must be adhered to in order to maintain accreditation.

These officer's deposition answers reflect, IMO, they either were not paying attention in the yearly in-service training, or the county's training was sorely lacking... just sayin'

I think there will be a suit filed by KC against OC in the future. But, hey, that's just me ..... this entire case has me :waitasec: - I hardly know up from down!:)

Has anyone compared this depo with Sgt Richardsons audio interview with the 2 detectives that was taken on Dec 11 just hours after all this occurred?

Anyone know the link??-I will go back and listen to it again.

Lt Unser reviewed her testimony before she went to the deposition. Richardson did not. Their depositions are different, seems like Unsers would be more accurate since it was the same as her interview with the detectives taken an hour or so after all this happened on Dec 11 .

I just listened to Sgt Richardson's audio interview with the detectives on Dec 11.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...-richardson-interview-audio,0,4015430.wmafile

It lasts just a few minutes and doesn't go into much detail, but he does say in that interview that KC was watching the tv for about 10-15 minutes, and then spent 15-20 minutes with the psychologist. Different from what he said in the recent depo, but it was probably more accurate since it was just a couple of hours after the occurrence.That agrees with Lt. Unsers times .

Since JB has made such a big deal out of this, I hope the media fights to get that tape released. The judge gave them 5 (?) days to file. When would that be? Tuesday if weekends count, and Thursday if only workdays count?

I wonder just how much relevance these depositions really have regarding the criminal proceedings ........ I wonder if a foundation is being constructed regarding the county's liability in the training, or lack thereof of CO's. ACA has extremely onerous guidelines which must be adhered to in order to maintain accreditation.

These officer's deposition answers reflect, IMO, they either were not paying attention in the yearly in-service training, or the county's training was sorely lacking... just sayin'

I think there will be a suit filed by KC against OC in the future. But, hey, that's just me ..... this entire case has me :waitasec: - I hardly know up from down!:)

For me, the depos offer insight on several levels: gives me a feel for how defense will revise/rehearse they way they pose a question to this same witness on the stand later; determines what other materials they might review to find pain-points (i.e. training manuals, sign-in sheets); catalogs a shopping list of other persons defense will depo (other guards, the supervisor who was usually on duty , but wasn't there on the 11th, etc.)

The legal eagles would have to speak to the actual relevance on the stand, but to me, I read the depos in part to intuit the future strategy as out-lined briefly above.

<Snip.
Since JB has made such a big deal out of this, I hope the media fights to get that tape released. The judge gave them 5 (?) days to file. When would that be? Tuesday if weekends count, and Thursday if only workdays count?

Somebody filed a motion on 6/1, will have to go down to the courthouse to find out who.

<6/1 - MOTION TO INTERVENE FOR THE LIMITED PUROSE OF OPPOSING DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO SEAL THE JAIL VIDEOTAPE TAKEN IN THE MEDICAL FACILITY ON 12/11/08>

<Snip.

Somebody filed a motion on 6/1, will have to go down to the courthouse to find out who.

<6/1 - MOTION TO INTERVENE FOR THE LIMITED PUROSE OF OPPOSING DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO SEAL THE JAIL VIDEOTAPE TAKEN IN THE MEDICAL FACILITY ON 12/11/08>

Sounds like media to me. Or, the County itself maybe? In order to get their own ducks in a row in case KC does file a suit against the County and the guards? Thoughts?

And you know how much we appreciate all you do for Caylee and the case, MM.

I was surprised to hear that CO Richardson didn't have more formal training. My son is a CO, in a county jail in NJ, and he went to the Police Academy for about 11 or 12 weeks.

I was surprised to hear that CO Richardson didn't have more formal training. My son is a CO, in a county jail in NJ, and he went to the Police Academy for about 11 or 12 weeks.

I'm glad your son had the opportunity to receive the training he did. It shows progress in the hiring/training in this profession.

Billy is an old-timer, old-school guard. I certainly don't discount his 24+ years experience. It might not be as refined as what the new-entry guards get nowadays, but two decades in any profession carries a lot of weight in it's own way. Real-time, hands-on experience.

(OT - Odd, I just had a thought when thinking about new guards vs old.

Isn't it funny? I'd rather see a fairly young, newly-minted Dr. with up-to-date techniques, but I'd rather have an older, experienced Lawyer any day of the week.) :)

I'm glad your son had the opportunity to receive the training he did. It shows progress in the hiring/training in this profession.

Billy is an old-timer, old-school guard. I certainly don't discount his 24+ years experience. It might not be as refined as what the new-entry guards get nowadays, but two decades in any profession carries a lot of weight in it's own way. Real-time, hands-on experience.

(OT - Odd, I just had a thought when thinking about new guards vs old.

Isn't it funny? I'd rather see a fairly young, newly-minted Dr. with up-to-date techniques, but I'd rather have an older, experienced Lawyer any day of the week.) :)

I don't know, they are all starting to look more and more like Doogie Howser to me. My criteria for them as well is not what school they went to on that hanging diploma, but where in their class they graduated...

<Snip.

It was probably the Orlando Sentinel or Opel Media.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back