2009.04.09 - George Anthony Deposition (video link included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reply to what I made bold: I wish many attorneys would remember that too.
but as we all well know there are enough attorneys who take some cases
only because it will be a "high visibility case".
And many more attorneys take that 15 minuets of fame when the opportunity arises.
That is how it felt during GA's deposition. I also felt that GA was arrogant.

I agree but sadly the court arena has become political as much as everything else. But my question is it wasnt Mr. Morgan asking the questions in the depos it was Dill (sp)?

I agree but sadly the court arena has become political as much as everything else. But my question is it wasnt Mr. Morgan asking the questions in the depos it was Dill (sp)?

Mr. Mitnik questioned George and Mr. Dill questioned Cindy until the last part of her depo at which time Mr. Morgan took over.

I heard the depos and am appalled.

Aside from that, there are threads from way back here about ZFG and a lot of peeps here encouraged her to find an attorney... BEFORE she ever showed her face. Her first interviews did not reveal her face. The first time she showed her face was after Morgan took her on.

She has hardly given any interviews, with or without her face being shown. The only time we have seen her lately has been when she has had to appear in court or at a deposition.

She has never gone to the media wholesale and blasted the Anthony family. Her behavior has been very civilized.

Let's remember, we never heard her say a word while George and Cindy were spewing about her appearance. She sucked it all up and behaved like a lady (or gentleman).

She may have lived on the edge of poverty most of her life; she has only her good name to preserve. She's not asking for a fortune. She's probably not ever going to get what she's lost financially. All she wants is exoneration.

I heard the depos and am appalled.

Aside from that, there are threads from way back here about ZFG and a lot of peeps here encouraged her to find an attorney... BEFORE she ever showed her face. Her first interviews did not reveal her face. The first time she showed her face was after Morgan took her on.

She has hardly given any interviews, with or without her face being shown. The only time we have seen her lately has been when she has had to appear in court or at a deposition.

She has never gone to the media wholesale and blasted the Anthony family. Her behavior has been very civilized.

Let's remember, we never heard her say a word while George and Cindy were spewing about her appearance. She sucked it all up and behaved like a lady (or gentleman).

She may have lived on the edge of poverty most of her life, but she has only her good name to preserve. She's not asking for a fortune. She's probably not ever going to get what she's lost financially. All she wants is exoneration.

I remember some people here were trying to get her connected with Gloria Allred.
ZG has amazing self control not to have stood up and slapped Cindy for the insults, that was so wicked and so unnecessary.
I wish I could get in Cindy's face (and Casey's too) and give them the "you're not a 10 countdown". grrrr

I have so much respect for Zenaida, especially after seeing her keep her cool with these latest depositions, there is no way I could have kept my mouth shut, no way ! Casey still refuses to say in writing or orally that this Zenaida is not THE Zenaida that took Caylee. Her refusal to answer this question, it's a simple question, speaks volumes. Zenaida has to face the very real possibility that the defense could use her as a scapegoat come trial time, what else could Casey's refusal to answer "is this the Zenaida that took Caylee" mean ? I thought ZG's attorney's did a wonderful job, they kept their cool, stayed on task and didn't put up with too much BS...I have to hand it to them, they stayed very professional in the face of some pretty juvenile and at times insulting behavior by the Anthony's.

Why do I feel like I am watching a 1975 Saturday Night Live skit about the Liar family and their noses grow with every lie they tell? KC uses hers to play the bars in her jail cell like an xylaphone and Lee has installed a light so that his glows in the dark like a light saber from Star Wars. George has his so far up Cindy's you know what it will never see the light of day and Cindy is using hers to stir up sh**.

Why do I feel like I am watching a 1975 Saturday Night Live skit about the Liar family and their noses grow with every lie they tell? KC uses hers to play the bars in her jail cell like an xylaphone and Lee has installed a light so that his glows in the dark like a light saber from Star Wars. George has his so far up Cindy's you know what it will never see the light of day and Cindy is using hers to stir up sh**.

That is some mental picture,,,roflmao:blowkiss:

I agree that ZG has every right to clear her name.

I'm actually amazed that she lost her job. If everyone pretty much agrees that Casey lied.. and made up Zanny the nanny.. WHO in their right mind actually fired her as though it COULD have been her?

Just amazes me actually.

Perhaps fired for the unwanted publicity and/or media attention drawn to her employers? Doesn't mean the employers thought it was she.

Mr. Mitnik questioned George and Mr. Dill questioned Cindy until the last part of her depo at which time Mr. Morgan took over.

Morgan was trying her out at the end to see what he could do with her on the stand. He'll make mincemeat of her while the jury cheers him on.

Haven't read the whole thread. This depo ended any residual respect I had for George. His outrage should should be directed toward the source of all this misery and carnage, his own daughter, Casey Marie Anthony. He should be respecting Caylee's memory and working toward justice for her, not lying to protect her murderer. He actually seemed to be two people during this interview-hostile and unco-operative to the max in Parts 1-4 and then calm and rational and even cooperative in Part 5. It's been implied that Casey changed personalities. Today, in these depos, I saw George do that too.

GA did have one moment in the depo where he seemed he could cry and I softened for a millisecond. His "humanity" didn't last...he went back to being obnoxious right away.
It still does seem like GA is the real Caylee advocate in the family ...but, man...he is going about it all wrong. He must get off the CA bandwagon and listen to his own heart. Sadly, she has him brainwashed, I think.

Morgan and Morgan is one of the biggest firms in Orlando. They've always had a slick website. John Morgan is also one of the most recognized attorneys for personal injury. Trust me when I say (as an Orlando native) that they or he did not need this lawsuit for personal name recognition. :)

I do not live in Orlando. I do not live in Florida. I don't live in the U.S. So no, I never heard of John Morgan nor his law firm before he took on ZG as a client and went on U.S. national television including HLN to represent her in a civil lawsuit against Casey Anthony. He appeared on the Nancy Grace show on HLN the day of GA's and CA's deposition and his associate KM appeared the day afterwards on the same show to discuss what GA and CA said.

Across the top of the videoclips shown on the Nancy Grace show on HLN for all to see was their law firm's website link. I stand by what I said about their law firm and John Morgan getting national exposure by representing ZG.

I wouldn't compare anything to what the A's have gone through. I also somewhat agree with CA in that if this lady would have stayed off the news and just let this blow over, it would have. Everyone knows that she had nothing to do with this.

That is like saying it is ok for someone to hit you in the face and to not worry about it. Cause the broken bones would heal eventually...

That a person might have been going through more then you, wouldn't excuse them hitting you either.

The reality is, stuff like that just explains their behavior, it doesn't excuse it or make them not liable for what they do.

That is like saying it is ok for someone to hit you in the face and to not worry about it. Cause the broken bones would heal eventually...

That a person might have been going through more then you, wouldn't excuse them hitting you either.

The reality is, stuff like that just explains their behavior, it doesn't excuse it or make them not liable for what they do.
:clap:
Excellent point Spangle! I've read others posts about this and yours really hit the nail on the head so to speak. I would venture to say that if some of the defenders of CA were accused or implicated as being a kidnapper of a small child that they wouldn't being hiding out, hoping it would blow over. I know that I would be screaming that I didn't do it and would go to whatever lengths I had to to make sure that everybody knew I wasn't the ONE! If ZG just kept quiet, it would make it easier for Casey to use this as her defense. ZG's actions are making it more difficult for her to use the "babysitter did it" defense.

GA did have one moment in the depo where he seemed he could cry and I softened for a millisecond. His "humanity" didn't last...he went back to being obnoxious right away.
It still does seem like GA is the real Caylee advocate in the family ...but, man...he is going about it all wrong. He must get off the CA bandwagon and listen to his own heart. Sadly, she has him brainwashed, I think.

It seemed to me that George's obnoxiousness was forced while Cindy's is natural. He was acting this way to please her, imo

I wouldn't compare anything to what the A's have gone through. I also somewhat agree with CA in that if this lady would have stayed off the news and just let this blow over, it would have. Everyone knows that she had nothing to do with this.

I have to respectfully and totally disagree with you and CA on this point. We have several pages of thread right here on WS that debates ZG's involvement. You will find lots of speculation and debate. People that do not follow this case and have only heard this unusual name (in the south at least) associated with the "tot mom" case, they will most always conclude that there is involvment of a "ZG" UNLESS the reall killer is brought to justice!

I have a very normal name, but I can't even imagine if "the highest profile case since OJ" had my first and last name associated with it AND I lived in the same town as the crime AND my MS acct was associated with others associated with the crime and I personally was being discussed all over the internet, well lets just say, I'd be mad!

Reading through George's depo, this part jumped out at me:

Q Have you ever spoken to your son about that
7 tip and is he the person that made that tip?
8 A No. My son -- my son wouldn't have done that,
9 no.
10 Q The question is, with all due respect, have
11 you ever had a conversation with your son about that tip
12 and was he the person that made that tip?
13 A I've never had the conversation about my son
14 about -- about that -- him making that tip or being that
15 specific to it, no, I never have.

This takes place after George angrily threatened to leave in five minutes, stating that he was done. After plaintiff's attorney's stated they would hold George in contempt if he left, and after a 15 minute break, George came back with a decidedly different attitude, i.e., more cooperative. What I found telling in the exchange above is, aside from George stuttering (nervousness?) in response to the question "did George have a conversation with Lee" re Lee possibly passing information to DC as to the location of Caylee's remains. George's response is at first to ignore the question and say his son wouldn't do that. When the specific question is repeated, George alludes to "the" conversation, saying it never happened. If it never happened, wouldn't it be "a" conversation, rather than "the" conversation? Perhaps I am nitpicking, but George's choice of words, together with his stuttering, after first dodging the question, makes me wonder if this question was answered truthfully.

I posted about this a while ago in this topic. I completely agree! I thought the attorneys were badgering him, asking him the same stuff over and over again. I mean this is a guy who recently tried to commit suicide for crying out loud.

Bolding mine. Allegedly attempted suicide.

It seemed to me that George's obnoxiousness was forced while Cindy's is natural. He was acting this way to please her, imo
Exactly! ITA!! It is clear that prior to the deposition they had a pow wow where they decided as a team that they would absolutely refuse the questions that "were not relevant"! They were very worked up but in different ways. CA comes across as one of those people who feels confrontation is nearly FUN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie