2009.04.09 - George Anthony Deposition (video link included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, the ZFG civil case, and the murder charges against Casey Anthony go hand in hand, and JM has every reason to ask questions laterally. Casey Anthony accused ZFG of kidnapping her child, whom eventually was found murdered. She was setting ZFG up for KIDNAPPING and MURDER charges.

Yup and JM has to lay foundation. He just can't have CA or GA come in now and say....she's not the one. I actually loved the line of questioning about how CA put it out in the media about ZG. I truly wish Mr. Morgan would amend his complaint to add a defendant.

GOOD FOR GEORGE FOR LOSING HIS TEMPER!! GOOD FOR CINDY FOR LOSING HER TEMPER!! It's time somebody stood up for them and stopped this whole danged circus!!

Shame on George for being abusive! Shame on Cindy for being abusive!

SHAME ON GEORGE AND CINDY FOR NOT STANDING UP FOR THEIR GRANDBABY!!!!

STAND UP! STAND UP! STAND UP FOR CAYLEE!!!!

Shame on George for being abusive! Shame on Cindy for being abusive!

SHAME ON GEORGE AND CINDY FOR NOT STANDING UP FOR THEIR GRANDBABY!!!!

STAND UP! STAND UP! STAND UP FOR CAYLEE!!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

EXACTLY!!!! This whole defamation lawsuit is a joke!! Mr. Morgan & Co. were delving into the criminal case.. most of the questions had NOTHING to do with Ms. ZG's case and everything to do with Casey's criminal trial. Both Cindy and George told them that this woman was not the ZFG, that her name was not even Fernandez, that she did not fit the description Casey gave. Casey even said it was not her when shown a picture of this woman. It should have ended right there. Instead, they kept badgering. These people have not been able to deal with the fact that their granddaughter is dead... they should not have been put through this!! Mr. Morgan should be ASHAMED of himself!! Let him take it to a judge.. let the judge read the transcript and watch the videotape of these depositions... he would probably throw this case out of court!!
I listened to the TH attornies on JVM last night and they all agreed... this was wrong and should never have been allowed. Mr. Morgan is in danger of losing his license.. he is a very poor attorney, IMO.
GOOD FOR GEORGE FOR LOSING HIS TEMPER!! GOOD FOR CINDY FOR LOSING HER TEMPER!! It's time somebody stood up for them and stopped this whole danged circus!!
bold,me
Do you have a link where it says Mr. Morgan is in danger of losing his license?
Actually, in reality, Morgan is an excellent attorney and anyone in the A family would be most fortunate to have someone as wily as he is on their side.
He can delve into the criminal part of the case because he needs to prove his client was not involved, I think he knows what line of questioning is allowed/disallowed.
Cindy and George both made fools of themselves once again, they need to learn some humility and grace because they are not doing themselves any favors behaving like heathens.
The jury is going to be so turned off by the entire family and their sense of "I'm better than you" it will help seal Casey's fate.

I was 20 min. in to Part 2 when my power went out last night. Even hubby was amazed by George's arrogance. I don't see how anyone who watched that can feel sympathy for him anymore.:snooty: He's nearly as bad as Cindy.

EXACTLY!!!! This whole defamation lawsuit is a joke!! Mr. Morgan & Co. were delving into the criminal case.. most of the questions had NOTHING to do with Ms. ZG's case and everything to do with Casey's criminal trial. Both Cindy and George told them that this woman was not the ZFG, that her name was not even Fernandez, that she did not fit the description Casey gave. Casey even said it was not her when shown a picture of this woman. It should have ended right there. Instead, they kept badgering. These people have not been able to deal with the fact that their granddaughter is dead... they should not have been put through this!! Mr. Morgan should be ASHAMED of himself!! Let him take it to a judge.. let the judge read the transcript and watch the videotape of these depositions... he would probably throw this case out of court!!
I listened to the TH attornies on JVM last night and they all agreed... this was wrong and should never have been allowed. Mr. Morgan is in danger of losing his license.. he is a very poor attorney, IMO.
IMO, the ZFG civil case, and the murder charges against Casey Anthony go hand in hand, and JM has every reason to ask questions laterally. Casey Anthony accused ZFG of kidnapping her child, whom eventually was found murdered. She was setting ZFG up for KIDNAPPING and MURDER charges.
Snowshuze's response is exactly what my response would be to your post!:razz:

bold,me
Do you have a link where it says Mr. Morgan is in danger of losing his license?
Actually, in reality, Morgan is an excellent attorney and anyone in the A family would be most fortunate to have someone as wily as he is on their side.
He can delve into the criminal part of the case because he needs to prove his client was not involved, I think he knows what line of questioning is allowed/disallowed.
Cindy and George both made fools of themselves once again, they need to learn some humility and grace because they are not doing themselves any favors behaving like heathens.
The jury is going to be so turned off by the entire family and their sense of "I'm better than you" it will help seal Casey's fate.

Morgan pretty much said that to clear his client, not only does he have to prove she is innocent of the crime but to do so he needs to find out who did commit the crime.

There is nothing against the law in a civil suit proving innocence or guilt of someone else albeit the margin of proof is much broader.

Morgan is after this whole family, and rightfully so. I happy to see someone attempting to take them down, even if he uses his middle finger to push up his glasses.

I couldn't agree more.

Songline, did you just listen and not watch? If you watch, George was combative from the very first second of the depo, and acted like a little child throwing a temper tantrum because he doesn't want to do what he is told. His facial expressions, arrogance and overall demeanor are just horrible. I actually feel embarrassed for him, and wonder if he went home and watched the way he acted and was ashamed of himself. I would be.

The attorney, on the other hand, kept his cool remarkably well, and did his best to be polite and respectful for as long as he could in the face of an adult temper tantrum.
George even threatened to walk out on the proceedings until the attorney told him the judge would hold him in contempt of court!

George even threatened to walk out on the proceedings until the attorney told him the judge would hold him in contempt of court!

well now we know where KC learned her habit of geting up and threatening to walk away when the conversation/questions get tough!!

IMO George's attitude during this depo has to do the simple fact he is embaressed and ashamed that he had no clue what was going under his own roof for the past few years. He had no relationship with his daughter at all, so is it no wonder he cant answer 99% of the questions. The sympathy card is starting to wear thin, and I think he doenst like that, its time to own up George.

George obviously walked into that deposition with a huge chip on his shoulder, and no intention of cooperating as he is legally obligated to do.

Then he went beyond even that, and was abusive and insulting to the Morgan attorneys, who were patient, polite, and sensitive to him.

Shame on George for thumbing his nose at the law to stand up for the competent adult murderer of his grandchild, rather than doing what's morally right, and standing up for his murdered defenseless grandbaby.

What George did in that deposition was morally corrupt.

God bless and protect the Morgan attorneys and everyone else George and Cindy go near.

(Okay, now stepping away from the computer for a while to cool off.)

Am I the only one who feels sorry for George? I understand why JM was asking certain questions, but he could have been a bit nicer. He came off as a complet *advertiser censored** in my book.

I've been posting for months now that it's my belief that George knew before July 15 (car recovered from impound lot) that Caylee was dead.
I believe that even more firmly today.
His refusal to answer re: the gas cans, etc., supports my theory that he knew Caylee was deceased as of that date, at the latest.

Yes. I think George knew Caylee was dead from the moment he smelled human decomp inside Casey's car.

I "could" or "would" feel sorry for both CA & GA if they just finally took their masquerade masks off and looked at the facts, their daughter killed their granddaughter. Now, if they could just admit that is the "truth" and then spin their "reasons" why KC may have done this, and be "truthful" ... I mean, come on, if they didn't do anything that could be used against "them" ... why all of the lies and mistruths????? I feel everyone would have more sympathy or empathy for them if they would just admit the "truth", and use their "spin" tactics as much as they want as far as why they believe their daughter did this to their granddaughter. Everyone would ease up on them, I do believe.

This whole situation is perpetuated by all of the lying....can't they see this????? Come clean, the burden they carry in their hearts and souls would be uplifted and they may be able to someday find the peace they feel they deserve after all of this, and they would be able to feel that they told what they knew, honestly, for their granddaughter & her memory.

I wish that Caylee's presence could truly be felt by these grandparents, if they truly could feel this child in their hearts, they would find out that the truth can only sent them free, once and for all!

JMO, of course

Am I the only one who feels sorry for George? I understand why JM was asking certain questions, but he could have been a bit nicer. He came off as a complet *advertiser censored** in my book.

Personally I was done with him a long time ago. Empathy and sympathy is only so long and I don't think they are grieving one bit. I think Caylee is a mere afterthought as witnessed by him never using her name in any interview or interrogation or in this deposition. They lawyers were amazingly nice I thought.

I don't feel sorry for Cindy at all, but I couldn't help feel a little sorry for George. I could tell he was hurting. However, I do believe he should have answered the questions and not been so combative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson