Missing pregnant Shannon Watts and her two daughter's bodies found, husband arrested
Join the latest discussion

2009.04.13 Baez requests phone records - POLL

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by awakewriter, Apr 13, 2009.

?

Will Casey's defense team implicate someone else in Caylee's murder?

Poll closed Jul 12, 2009.
  1. No.

24 vote(s)
    7.3%
  2. Yes, another member of the Anthony family.

69 vote(s)
    20.9%
  3. Yes, one of Casey's former love interests.

164 vote(s)
    49.7%
  4. Yes, a former/current friend of Casey's.

100 vote(s)
    30.3%
  5. Yes, a stranger.

46 vote(s)
    13.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awakewriter

awakewriter New Member

http://www.wftv.com/news/19166857/detail.html

Cell phone records requested include those for Cindy, George, Lee, and Casey's last three boyfriends (Tony, Jesse, and Ricardo).

I've wondered for a while if the defense was going to point fingers at Casey's parents and brother for Caylee's death.

Thoughts?

2. Searchfortruth

Searchfortruth New Member

Humm, I notice he threw DC in there, I wonder if he wants to use this subpoena to find out what info LE has regarding the phone calls and the tip on November 15th ? Maybe there is more than one purpose for this subpoena. I have no doubt that, if he can, he will use whoever he can to point the finger at during trial, my guess has always been Jesse or Ricardo.

3. Whisperer

Whisperer New Member

My, he is a busy bee..Could be dual purpose. The Anthonys may want to see their phone records, ya know, for their research. He may want to check them to see if the Anthonys were on the phone with DC or himself at the crucial times. As far as the lovers, checking to see when and where they were when they spoke with kc...and to see if they were talking to DC....lol

4. TexasLil

TexasLil New Member

He may also need DC's phone records to fight the recent bar investigation / complaint filed by DC and Judge Strickland.

5. Pattymarie

Pattymarie New Member

Since there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that points to anyone but Casey committing the murder, I think team Baez (if he is still representing her) will just let the state try to prove she did and all he plans to do is poke holes in all their evidence (a' la OJ)

6. DAWN TREADER

DAWN TREADER New Member

Hmmm. I've always believed this case may very well come down to George A's credbility given that if it wasn't for George claiming to see Casey with Caylee on June 16, 2008, the last time anyone can and/or will confirm Caylee to be alive was the day before, June 15, 2008 when Caylee was seen in the custody of CINDY (assisted living facility and SP's home in Mt. Dora) NOT CASEY. This one statement and the clothes found with Caylee's remains are going to be huge at trial. And yes, it will come down to George's word. All Cindy can say is she "heard" the sound of breathing when listening at the door which is hardly proof positive. Has George been completely cooperative and truthful with LE, the FBI and ZFG's lawyer? If not, it stands to reason people may question the credibility of his other statements, including when he last saw Casey and Caylee.

Moo

DT

7. masyann

masyann Member

I say all of them "but No". I think they are checking them to see if any of the phone records will work, or shed a doubt for trail.

8. DAWN TREADER

DAWN TREADER New Member

Try as he might to point the finger of blame away from Casey unless/until Baez can clearly establish an alibi for his client, he's wasting his time.

9. mimimama5

mimimama5 One Crazy mama cowgirl

Oh how I wish I knew what the heck Baez was up to. I voted he will attempt to implicate Casey's family. I haven't heard any indication from the defense side that they are going with "jesse did it" just from GA and CA. who knows who's next to be implicated?!

10. faefrost

faefrost New Member

If it wasn't for that unbelievably compelling "excited utterance" of "It smells like a dead body in the car!" on the 911 call, it is highly likely that KC would have long ago attempted to throw CA under the bus. She would have been the perfect patsy. She is obviously unhinged with anger management issues. She fought with KC over Caylee, and according to witnesses wanted to take her away from KC. If the fight story is legit she tried to strangel KC the night this all went down.

She could have been the perfect scapegoat if she hadn't gone and called 911.

11. i.b.nora

i.b.nora I am polka dot

Doesn't he need to specify a time period for the phone records?
    Like from such and such to such and such.

12. Daylight/1257

Daylight/1257 Former Member

I think the Dream Team has already chosen Cindy. She would have washed and folded the blanket and Caylee's little clothes and put them away. A hair, a flake of fingernail, a bit of flaked skin would be a DNA high probability. The motive: she would rather see Caylee dead than have her taken away to live the life her mother would drag her through. The phone records would be to write the scenario and make it fit without alerting the unsuspecting defender of their "innocent" client. It might be enough to cast reasonable doubt. And KC hates her mother. Her grandmother said so.

13. azwriter

azwriter Sister Mary Wanna

I voted for a former lover because that's as stupid as JB's work to defend Casey.

14. awakewriter

awakewriter New Member

Good points, all.

I found it suspicious that KC was shunning her parents during court appearances until Baez told her to greet them.

15. LambChop

LambChop Former Member

Can JB do that, or does he have to show some cause????

16. ButForFortune

ButForFortune Active Member

I would think he would need to show cause. IMO he is just fishing for ANYTHING he can use to bolster KC's ridiculous stories. He is desperate.

17. Omachka

Omachka New Member

I'd vote for all of the above if it were there. JB's job (well, I guess there will have to be a DP qualified attorney now) is to show KC didn't do it... to them it probably doesn't matter who did. As for including DC in this. Hmmmm. Can't see how that would be tied to KC's defense. JB's defense maybe in the bar complaint but he's in the wrong forum for that. My question about that would be if he opens the door by asking for those records, then is that going to affect the privilege between JB and DC in the criminal case?

18. Gloryrebel

Gloryrebel New Member

I have the haunting thought that they are after her brother. Think about what she said about Lee to Jesse. She would get sympathy from Baez and team if she told them Lee molested her and then top it off her parents knew...
    It would explain the lies the secrecy...but who would buy it? Wouldn't it be WOW if her brother was the father......her parents didn't know to after...the hinted things said at memorial...must stay together strong family...:liar: who knows so many lies

19. Steely Dan

Steely Dan Former Member

The family is out I think. It would put KC too close. JG is the guy all the way. He's got a target on his back larger than the signage on the Target Stores.

IMO, he doesn't really need to establish much of an alibi the time frame is very wide open.

20. Chat Noir

Chat Noir Registered Loser, I mean User...

I think all of the people above - as many as he can to show reasonable doubt and that there are several possible suspects. He will try to cast a shadow of doubt on many of her family/aquantences.:doh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.