2009.05.04 LKB on "Today Show"

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is.... CAN THEY DO THAT? Can the prosecution hold back evidence from the defense and release it when they want to? I'd think the defense would be able to validly argue that the prosection held back their smoking gun until it was too late for the defense to disprove it... attorneys, can the prosecution pick and choose when they release various aspects of their discovery?

They can do it if they are sending evidence out to different labs to verify that the findings are correct before releasing the results. Smart to do if you have someone like Baden on the defense team. Three accredited lab reports would be hard to argue. IMO

Plus JB has had the remains in their possession and has already done testing so why are they complaining. They are already aware of the results from their side, I would think.:waitasec:

What's with the comparison to Susan Smith? What defense attorney in their right mind would compare their client to a woman who under premeditation, murdered two of her own children in cold blood, lied about it, and tried to pin it on a non existent person of ethnic origin? Sound like anyone we know? Way to go Linda!

Wait, what side is LKB on?

Right-
why would she compare the way Casey grieved to two people who were convicted of killing their loved ones?
Why wouldn't she compare Casey to people who had grieved strangely- inappropriately, or inexplicably - and were found innocent???

was this indeed a freudian slip?
This is hardly a way to make people consider Casey's innocence!!!
It is unfathomable to me, why LKB would use these two as examples.
It makes no sense!

hmmm...
maybe it's the Chewbacca defense.
Makes about as much sense.

I really think this interview was to taunt the SA to show them their evidence that proves KC did this. I really think the defense is shaking in their boots wondering why the SA chose to seek the DP and knowing they must have some really damning evidence against their client. So LKB goes on the Today Show and makes various accusations of why they chose to seek it (to get lawyers thrown off the case, to get a DP qualified jury, etc). I think they are trying to piss off the SA, thinking that by these interviews the prosecutution will go "fine we'll show you the evidence we have so you can stop making these ridiculous accusations on TV." This interview was a disaster IMO..comparing KC to mothers convicted of murdering their children, stating that KC was "grieving" when according to her she just thought her child was kidnapped at the time, and making herself look like a fool by stating the prosecution is out to taint the jury pool when its HER who is on the Today Show.

Please shout this from the rooftops!!!

Wasn't George and Cindy having people who had Caylee 'watched' up until a few months before they found her? What could Casey have been grieving over -- the dead animal she hit? Methinks this attorney should have kept her mouth shut -
i think every last person except LE is just plain full of crap on this case they have made a laughing stock out of caylees memory ! and imho there will never be a good excuse for any of this caylee deserved sooo much more and she deserves so much more .. these defense attorneys need to get slapped around a bit and look in the mirror and think what if this was a member of your family .. what a flippen crock -all of it ..

What's with the comparison to Susan Smith? What defense attorney in their right mind would compare their client to a woman who under premeditation, murdered two of her own children in cold blood, lied about it, and tried to pin it on a non existent person of ethnic origin? Sound like anyone we know? Way to go Linda!

Wait, what side is LKB on?

ITA!!!!!
Defense gotta find some new people to compare her to...their "Fugitive" analogy didn't fly....:rolleyes:

What? Do you know that for fact or is that jyo?

That's my opinion due to the fact that team Baez has whined for stuff in the past and then never went to pick it up or picked it up way later ..

Do you know for a fact that they've NOT picked up the autopsy report or just going by LKB's word?

When Ann asked her to explain KC partying and clubbing rather than looking for Caylee, she interestingly brought up Susan Smith and another woman in California (sorry, didn't catch the name) who had killed her husband, saying that people grieve differently?!

How could KC be "Grieving" if, at that point, she did not know she was dead???

Very important observation....I wish someone would ask this question on NG.

They demanded to have access to the autopsy report via their special secret secure webnet so that all the lawyers and experts around the country would be able to access it and observe the results without risking having the documents being hijacked by couriers traveling around with them or, worse yet....an extreme expenditure on the defense in order to get all these experts back to Orlando in order to view them in person.

If they have the webnet up, I can't imagine the state delaying access. Guess maybe they don't have the webnet up since Linda is mewling like a kitten pushed away from the fa.......well, you know.

If there are peeps out there who haven't delved into this case then they probably don't even know who this lawyer is. I didn't until I started following this case. I had never heard of Paul S. So if I was going into the court room in the jury box, well, I would be put off by her. She has a loud mouth and is obnoxious---looks mean and she can't hold my attention very long. She really sounds like she would be better in a class room of high school kids. She needs some acting lessons. Her speech is very mundane.

Don't know much about law and lawyers but looks to me like a defense team needs some at lease likable lawyers.

She is a sight!
I disliked her from the first time I saw her.
And I don't think it was just the fact that she is defending KC.
There's something about her- like fingernails on a chalkboard.
It's the way she comes across to people... she "tries" to intimidate people with her overbearing personality and harsh persona... but if one has the ability to see through all of that, she actually is blowing alot of "hot air and nonsense", and JB hides behind her with that you-know-what eating grin. They make a ridiculous pair, those two.

For people that know the "whole" story, the defense sure worries a lot about what SA has on KC. Ya think perhaps they think that KC may have umm, lied to them?

Also, it seems that JB was all worried about the DP costing tax payers so much more money yet now he wants a change of venue, which costs far more then staying in town?

Thanks Pink Panther for posting the link.

After listening to it entirely, I also found it interesting that Baden mentioned she had been on the case since Dec. 11.
So, they knew it was Caylee before the tests were done.
How? Well I guess their girl KC has been talking after all.

And Dec. 11 was also the day Brad Conway started as George & Cindy's new attorney. Coincidence, hmm?

It's pretty bizarre that LKB states on the Today show that the *media* are to blame for the COV motion. :boohoo:

Same day JB says he'll give a statement to the (cough) *media* upon his exit from the courthouse, after filing the motion. :rolleyes:

The SA requested a gag order - the DEFENSE opposed it. :confused:

I think I know how Stricklan is gonna rule.

When Ann asked her to explain KC partying and clubbing rather than looking for Caylee, she interestingly brought up Susan Smith and another woman in California (sorry, didn't catch the name) who had killed her husband, saying that people grieve differently?!

:woohoo:

:clap::clap::clap:

I agree MamaBear! I think the state released this info. now to get it out of the way. I have a feeling they are saving the "nail in the coffin" for later on down the road.

I am hoping and praying they have a nail for her coffin.
I am beggining to get nervous.

:clap::clap:
Right...and I agree with you all...Susan Smith killed her children and then lied about them being kidnapped/car jacked! So now they're owning up to the fact that Casey killed Caylee by comparing her grief process to Susan Smith?! Either these people are completely incompetent as attorneys or they just flat out can't defend Casey because of all the lies and garbage that has been spewed since Cindy called 911. Either way, I say Casey is in trouble!

Linda Kenney Baden was on the Today show this morning.
I just caught the end of it.

She said they were supposed to get evidence and all they got was an autopsy of a snake.

She also mentioned that they think the state may have put the death penalty back up to block "certain lawyers" from being on the case.

Maybe someone can post a link when "Today" puts it up if anyone is interested in seeing it.

If this has already been started, please delete. Thanks

Thank you for posting this...I thought she said, "All we got was an autopsy of a steak"...(I was thinking she was referring to the dead body smell that some attributed to spoiled meat...and then I figured it was just too early in the morning for me, and I hadn't had enough coffee.)

To me this is a loud and clear signal that they are going to try to go with the theory of an accident and Casey panicked/blacked out/had a mental break and dumped Caylee in the woods.

Ugh.

So..........if they follow this theory, how do you all think they'll explain the duct tape wrapped around the head?

Excellent Post!!!! :clap::clap:

It's pretty bizarre that LKB states on the Today show that the *media* are to blame for the COV motion. :boohoo:

Same day JB says he'll give a statement to the (cough) *media* upon his exit from the courthouse, after filing the motion. :rolleyes:

The SA requested a gag order - the DEFENSE opposed it. :confused:

I think I know how Stricklan is gonna rule.

Crazy, isn't it? :waitasec:

I hope the judge laughs out loud when he reads the request ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23