2009.05.19*REVISIT* Gonzalez's attys have amended complaint by accusing Cindy Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...thony-defamation-suit-will-continue.html#more

Gonzalez's attorneys have amended their complaint by accusing Cindy Anthony, Casey's mother, of spreading the defamation on television, DeForest added. Kasen has 20 days to respond to the amended complaint, DeForest said.

I just knew this was coming! The way Cindy was questioned during her depo about her not clearing ZG when she had the opportunity to do so, made me think that Cindy was going to be added to the defamation suit.

And don't forget on LKL CA said they believe there is a suspect other than KC who killed Caylee. So since they have not named another one but Zanny, I would think ZG would naturally feel she is not entirely off the hook as far as KC pointing her finger in ZG's direction. Just makes ZG's case that much strong I would think.
bold and underline is mine. And that is why she (CA) is gonna have a lot of problems in her future... and why I am laughing so hard right now... ANOTHER SUSPECT? (in her own mind maybe!)

This from Casey's lawyer...Channel 6 article linked above

"You cannot intentionally harm someone you don't know. It's sort of axiomatic. You can only harm an individual that you have contact with and that you know, and in this case, neither applies," Kasen said.

Really ? What an idiotic thing to say.

bold and underline is mine. And that is why she (CA) is gonna have a lot of problems in her future... and why I am laughing so hard right now... ANOTHER SUSPECT? (in her own mind maybe!)

So true.She makes these claims and shows NOTHING to back it up.All the sightings,the watching ZFG's in Puerto Rico,none of that has been shown to the public to counter claims of KC's guilt.
Remember the news conferences they played up and then never had? Because they had nothing to show! They are all talk and now CA ,at least,is being held accountable.

"You cannot intentionally harm someone you don't know. It's sort of axiomatic. You can only harm an individual that you have contact with and that you know, and in this case, neither applies," Kasen said.

ITA search4truth! That is about the most stupid thing I have heard in months!!!

I hope he goes with that in court :)

I just knew this was coming! The way Cindy was questioned during her depo about her not clearing ZG when she had the opportunity to do so, made me think that Cindy was going to be added to the defamation suit.
Yes, and it's like music to my ears. Noone in this family batted an eye while pointing the finger at innocent people, in an attempt to clear Casey. Hopefully, NOW the lesson begins for them, a lesson that most people don't need to be taught, you just can't do that. :)

It appears CA was an unwitting accomplance because she believed Casey when she said told her that she was never shown a picture of Z.G. And that Cindy could speak on her belhalf.:doh:

Perhaps now she wished she had never listened to Casey! :banghead:

JMO
Well,in the depo CA was unwilling to say she believed KC was lying to her.She can't have it both ways.Morgan has her between a rock and a hard place.

This is how I understand it, but I could be wrong - it's happened before. ZFG's attorneys amended their suit to include punitive damages. To provide a basis for doing this they included examples of intentional defamation rather than just negligence. One example was Cindy going on TV and not excluding ZFG as a suspect which she admitted during her deposition. I don't believe the statement on the Sentinel blog meant that Cindy was actually named as a party to the suit in the amendment, it was just poorly worded. Please read the following article: (snipped and bolded by me)

Judge Jose Rodriguez approved Gonzalez's lawyer's motion to amend the complaint and assert their right to punitive damages.

"I have to allow you to assert a request for punitive damages," Rodriguez said.

According to Gonzalez's attorney, the amended lawsuit includes more examples of attempts by Anthony and her family to convince the public that Gonzalez kidnapped Caylee.

link for article: http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19500744/detail.html

I doubt Gonzalez and her lawyer will ever see a dime of money from KC or C&G Anthony . Baez and their Lawyer Brad will see that all the money they receive is tied up by the Caylee Foundation Money which G&C are living off of and probably bank accounts set up in the Caymans. I'll bet they even signed their home over to the Foundation in attempts to avoid losing it from this and any other lawsuit that comes their way.

So true.She makes these claims and shows NOTHING to back it up.All the sightings,the watching ZFG's in Puerto Rico,none of that has been shown to the public to counter claims of KC's guilt.
Remember the news conferences they played up and then never had? Because they had nothing to show! They are all talk and now CA ,at least,is being held accountable.
I completely agree MissJ! When this one is all said and done I suspect there will be entries in forensic psyche text books on CA and the pathological way in which she responded to the tragedy of the murder of her grandchild (and maybe some genetics on how these sorts of behaviors were passed on to her daughter... moo of course).

I bet this defensive behavior is nothing new to CA... I bet she has done it her entire life to include blowing things up to make her own situation seem either better or worse depending on which type of sypmathy/support she was liking to garnish. Looks like it reached up and bit her in the a$$ this time. (rightfully so in mho)

I *think* that the amended motion to file for punitive damages included CA due to the statements she made at the end of the last depo when she was forced to admit to things she had said on TV in interviews about ZFG.

Recall he wouldn't let her back down and forced her to admit that she DID NOT refute on tv that ZFG was involved? Right after she kept insisting that it wasn't THIS ZFG.

It was right towards the end of her depo.

Ahhh-here is an attorney who was paying attention. I agree whole heartedly that it would have been simple enough for CA to say in no way shape or form is the ZFG who has been driven into hiding the ZFG who took my beloved Caylee. But the A's are all about trying to make sure nothing sticks to Casey...at anyone else's expense, cough JG, cough RM...

Ga was pretty specific in the depos right? IIRC he said he was sorry she was dragged into the story...

I hope he goes with that in court :)
Me, too. Definition of the intent needed is typically whether a reasonable person doing what Cindy intentionally did, i.e., going on national television and saying the carp she said, would expect that it could cause harm to someone. Methinks the answer is yes...

:waitasec: Seems the judge does not agree with Mr. Kasen, since he is allowing the civil suit to proceed.

O/T, but I have to say it...

It feels like 'Old Home Week' in here. LOL!

O/T, but I have to say it...

It feels like 'Old Home Week' in here. LOL!
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
cuz things are heatin' up
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

THE WITNESS: Thank you, Mr. Morgan. Thank you. Go ahead. I'm done.

BY MR. MORGAN:
Q You're going to be thanking me for something
else here in a minute.

Finally, CA's attitude might actually come back to haunt her. Listening to her deposition, I think that she surprised the attorneys by making those statements. It was almost like in a "Few Good Men" when Tom Cruise didn't expect to get the confession but had bet the farm on it.

OT, sort of, but why didn't the judge overseeing the depositions find her in contempt of court and order her jailed until she could come back and testify maturely?

"You cannot intentionally harm someone you don't know. It's sort of axiomatic. You can only harm an individual that you have contact with and that you know
, and in this case, neither applies," Kasen said.

Tell that to Carol Burnett;

In 1981, Burnett won a lawsuit against The National Enquirer tabloid, which had slandered her in 1976 with an article suggesting that she was drunk and rowdy at a gathering of celebrities and international political figures. Burnett donated the damage award to charity and claimed it was to teach the tabloid a lesson about lying.

Starting on page 174 of the transcript:

http://www.forthepeople.com/CAnthony-Depo.pdf

CA said "So don't take stuff out of context and think that just because it's said that, you know, that it means anything."

:rolleyes:

:bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members