2009.05.21 Annie D. Deposition

Just finished listening to AD's depo. Did I hear her right, that she first had contact with KC after she was out on bond the 1st time? She state's that KC said to her that she thought Caylee would be home by her birthday. IIRC, wasn't KC still in jail on Caylee's 3rd birthday? Or did I not hear her correctly?

If I remember correctly Annie,KC and Cindy had a Pajama Party at the A's house after she was released on bond before Caylee's birthday...

Mosby, I think you might be right after I thought about it. KC was in jail from 7-16 to approx 8-15. What day is Caylee's birthday on?

ETA: August 9th

How refreshing, after being subjected to those gut-wrenching depositions and the Larry King la-la train, to just have a plain-spoken woman directly answer simple questions that poked a myriad of holes in the a clan tapestry of mistruths!

Q Did you talk to first of all, we'll talk about Casey and then talk the other folks as well, George and Cindy and Lee, but did you ever talk to Casey again after you met with her in peson that day ? Talking about when Casey was out on bail

A Yeah We, we would talk. She would text me from her mom's phone or from her dad's phone just saying little things, hey, hang in there.

And later in the transcript
Q And during all that time period did you ever have any conversations with George, Cindy or Lee about Zanny the nanny or Zenaida ?
A Just basically all three of them asked did you know this person ? Do you know who this person could be ? Is this this person's name ? Who is this person ?

And Mosby? Welcome to WS!

:Welcome-12-june:

Well I wish they would have asked Annie if she knows why her hat ended up shredded in the garbage! IMO, there was a falling out between KC and Annie at some point.

didn't that turn out in the end to be jesse's hat and annie had just been wearing it for the pic?

What a refreshing change! I watched the depo and she appears confident, composed, and to be telling the truth. She speaks clearly and doesn't butcher the english language. No wonder she and Casey parted ways. She seems so far beyond Casey.

I can even understand her need to not know any details but geez if she would have only listened, she could have broken the entire case wide open or at the least been proof against all the A family lies. Which is probably why she didn't want to know anything about anything,then she got dragged into the middle of it any way.

didn't that turn out in the end to be jesse's hat and annie had just been wearing it for the pic?

I hadn't heard that. But that would certainly explain why it ended up shredded!

OK, Annie states that after meeting Tony, she never really had contact with him again. I KNOW I remember seeing a text message, IM or something between the two of them shortly after July 15, saying something to the effect that they needed to get together to compare notes. I KNOW I saw this but have never been able to find it again. Has anyone else ever seen anything like this? If I'm right, then this might be something important for ZG's attorneys to know about.

I think this was Amy and Jesse. Or maybe even Annie and Jesse. I am pretty sure he was the guy involved though.

Poor Annie, she is years ahead of KC developmentally. She's on her own, working hard and it's a darn shame she was dragged into this mess. I bet she wishes she never met KC, another person slammed.

Annie says KC wasn't really that wild. Uh, weren't you in the Halloween pics with KC. That isn't wild??? (to me it is)

One thing that disturbs me about Annie. At the beginning of the depo when she is questioned about when she first met KC and then when she first started hanging out socially with her, Annie was hesitant and had to think about the dates. It's almost been a year since Caylee's disappearance has come to light. You'd think that Annie would have the timeline of her experiences down pat. Just strange to me about that hesitancy. Maybe she's just not like me. JMO

I was impressed with Annie's deposition, she came across as very honest and mature. I believe she will make a great witness for the state. I was so glad to see that she was truthful about Cindy and George's true behavior after Caylee went mising...ie; Do you know this Zanny ? LOL ! How foolish they, C & G, should feel, should but probably don't.

OK, Annie states that after meeting Tony, she never really had contact with him again. I KNOW I remember seeing a text message, IM or something between the two of them shortly after July 15, saying something to the effect that they needed to get together to compare notes. I KNOW I saw this but have never been able to find it again. Has anyone else ever seen anything like this? If I'm right, then this might be something important for ZG's attorneys to know about.
Are you sure you aren't thinking of Tony & Amy instead of Annie?

Poor Annie, she is years ahead of KC developmentally. She's on her own, working hard and it's a darn shame she was dragged into this mess. I bet she wishes she never met KC, another person slammed.
I believe Annies mySpace page intially showed she was angry about the entire mess. her MP page seem to want the world to know she felt totally pizzed at kc for all the betrayl in lies kc used on so many. It appeared Annie was working through her anger towards KC but remained to post statement of not being able to trust people again and wanted people to know like the anthom by Elton says, "The _itch is back" I feel AD may have had her first lesson in life thrown at her and she has passed with flying colors.

If I remember correctly Annie,KC and Cindy had a Pajama Party at the A's house after she was released on bond before Caylee's birthday...

OMG! I'd be wearing a shrowd and getting ready to dig myself a grave and crawl in it, not parading around in my pajamas watching a movie. I'd be pulling my hair out, screaming, crying and crawling until I dropped to find my child. These people are lunatics, all of them.

Right, right - I should have clarified. I heard that KC did not, according to Annie, have a fake ID that she knew of, and then it seemed as though they were leading somewhere when they broke off for a break - I just think there was something discussed off camera. Just a hunch.

Ah, thanks, Seebra. Its so different reading the transcriptions vs seeing the live depo.

I can even understand her need to not know any details but geez if she would have only listened, she could have broken the entire case wide open or at the least been proof against all the A family lies. Which is probably why she didn't want to know anything about anything,then she got dragged into the middle of it any way.

That is assuming there is one person on Earth with whom KC would be truthful. :rolleyes:

"Snip" From the pdf file.
http://www.forthepeople.com/Downing.pdf

Annie and Casey attended high school together 2002-2003 but did not become close until later. Annie went off to collage and Casey stayed behind I guess.
Annie claims she starting hanging out with Casey around 2005-2006 and that Casey was dating a friend of hers Brandon Snow. I wonder if that is Caylee's father? Hmmm Annie later states that Casey told her the father was someone by the name of Eric who died in a car accident.

Annie claims she lived at Sawgrass apt 218 around 2006 as well with Dante whom still lives there and that Caylee would visit.
What I found funny, and I guess I shouldn't laugh is on pg 15 of the transcript they ask Annie if she ever heard or met anyone by the name of Zenaida, Zanny or a Zanni that was a "10"...I started thinking of what Cindy had called the so called nanny. So, I guess we are supposed to be looking for a nanny that looks like a "10". In Casey's world that would be Casey.
Now, back to the depo. Annie claims she never heard of any Zenaida, Zanny or a Zanni that was a "10". She then remembers that Casey did mention a nanny once or twice. She then remembered that at one point the nanny lived in Metro West, then moved over by UCF according to Casey. But Annie never saw or met the nanny.
Later in the depo Annie is asked if Cindy has ever said that Casey stole from her and she said yes. Annie also claims that Cindy told her that Zanny/Nanny took Caylee from what Casey said but that Cindy never met any Zanny/Nanny/Zenaida. Pg31 of the depo.

(I wonder, if the word Zanny could be Caylee saying Annie you know how kids say things so when Cindy said Caylee talked about Zanny's dog she was probably talking about Annie's dog ! Casey probably got the idea of Zanny right from Caylee's own little mouth and then ran with it, Annie use to live at the Saw Grass apts so she used that and part of the story came from there? I wonder if the "They" people that Casey talks about is Cindy and Lee?)

Then on pg36 they ask Annie about the get together where she, Cindy and other friends were trying to create a time line, this was right after Casey was arrested and at this time Cindy did feel there was a Zenaida but she did not have any phone numbers or address as she stated to Morgan in her depo...."BOMB SHELL", I wonder if Cindy can get in-trouble for lying in her depo to Morgan? Hmmm

Something else that I don't understand is how Annie stated she didn't want to be the person who knew everything and that is why she didn't ask Casey anything the night she stayed over and that it seemed like Casey wanted to tell her something but she didn't want to know and she would back out of the conversation..I find that very odd. I also find it odd that Casey claims she is saying what "they" are telling her to say. Who would they be? It appears that in the months prior to Caylee being found the Anthony's were not looking for a nanny. So who were they looking for??

I also find it odd that she still believes that there is someone male/female that watched Caylee and she did not believe Caylee was dead until they confirmed it was her. Again, very odd with all the evidence that was out there prior. And why anyone would not want to know anything when a child is missing, especially a friends child I find very odd. This is discussed on page 61 of the depo.
"IMO" Annie is not being completely honest either and contradicted herself in this depo at times. Not to my surprise.

I'm having trouble with AD's statement about not wanting to be the one who knows. If this was my best friends child, I would want to know. Caylee was still missing at this point so wouldn't she do anything possible to help find her. She helped with the shirts, flyers and timeline. I don't understand why, after spending hours with KC she would not want to know. The whole window thing has me "baffled" as well. OK, now tell me, why can't we sit near the window?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back