2009.05.26 Nancy Grace

panthera

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Good evening! :seeya:

Bombshell -- Did Drew Peterson try to hire a hitman to kill his third wife, as prosecutors say? And the latest in the scramble to identify human remains found miles from Peterson's home. Is it the body of fourth wife, missing woman Stacy Peterson? Nancy Grace has the latest breaking developments, 8 & 10 p.m. ET on HLN.

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/

Bombshell tonight ~ more bones found, specifically leg bone, discovered upstream. LE working around the clock to identify the remains. Did Peterson try to hire a hit man to kill 3rd wife Kathleen Savio? Did he, in the end, decide to "do it himself"?

The additional bones were discovered Saturday approx. 300 yds. from other remains. One is a leg bone. DNA identification can take up to two weeks. Reporter saying they have been linked to the torso found previously last week.

Nancy talking with Dr. Michael Bell about identification of human remains. Gender easy to identify with pelvic bone. Race is not as easily identified; skull would be necessary.

Ray Giudice, Joe Lawless, Gloria Allred

GA: don't know reason victim is missing head/hands. DNA very important in identifying.

RG: not unusual in this case that ME had to go to SP's family instead of DP providing DNA of SP's from house (hairbrush, etc) or children.

JL: state has been commenting on DP's guilt since this thing started, he has no obligation to help them.

Talking now about DP allegedly trying to hire a hit man.

Caller asking how can you keep yourself safe if you can't even trust LE.

Dr. Susan Lipkin advising when one should get away.

Nancy talking with author Derek Armstrong who wrote book on DP. He's speculating who DP approached with the offer of $25K to kill Kathleen.

RG: criminals always think they're smarter than everyone else.

JL: asking if anyone's convicted DP yet. All speculation that he's guilty.

Nancy saying that it isn't speculation; DP has been indicted. JL saying that grand jury indictment means nothing.

Forensic anthropologist, Diane France: First job of ME will be to determine which bones are human and do standard biological profile, age, sex, ancestry as number of bones will allow. Try to determine injuries post mortem/ante mortem.

Thanks Panthera!

I missed NG tonight, but will watch the repeat broadcast in an hour from now.

I was wondering about injuries to the the bones the ME has. I've wondered if either Lisa or Stacy had ever had a broken bone, and if that broken bone could be used as identification? With the bones they do have, it would have to have been a broken leg or broken rib I suppose.

Thanks Panthera!

I was wondering about injuries to the the bones the ME has. I've wondered if either Lisa or Stacy had ever had a broken bone, and if that broken bone could be used as identification? With the bones they do have, it would have to have been a broken leg or broken rib I suppose.
You're most welcome! She only covered this case for about the first half of her show. You have a good point about any previous injuries that either Stacy or Lisa (since it's still a possibility) would've suffered that might help in identification of the bones. But yes, sadly, so many seem to be missing. :(

Watching now..............

I sure hope there will be an identification this week!

Watching now..............

I sure hope there will be an identification this week!
Yes I hope so too, one way or the other. While Nancy's talking about the $25K DP supposedly offered a hit man to kill Kathleen, I still find it ironic that he's contended Stacy took $25K from the house when she "left". :eek:

Yes I hope so too, one way or the other. While Nancy's talking about the $25K DP supposedly offered a hit man to kill Kathleen, I still find it ironic that he's contended Stacy took $25K from the house when she "left". :eek:

I guess in Drew's world, many things cost $25,000. :)

Thanks Panthera!

Hi Leila, With the info we learned over the weekend with two links, we heard of a leg bone and an upper arm bone.

It could be that the bones in the new Sat find were some of the ones missing in the Wed find and so the two finds fit together, starting to complete the skeleton that was initially found.

That would make the investigators look at the logistics of it all ~ 300 yards is nothing when you look at the size and length of that whole river. A football field is 120 yards long. That means these two bone deposits were about 2.5 football fields apart. That is amazing. The chances of them being from different bodies in my mind is astronomical, considering they were located within days of each other and that LE have been searching that stretch of the river regularly.

Let it be the reason. Sometimes life works in incredible ways we can not fully comprehend. In Laci's case it was called Divine Intervention. All Good, and nothing to be scoffed at. xox

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back