2009.06.16 George and Cindy on CBS Early show

I'm sorry, but I don't see anything special or admirable about BC. He's simply a lawyer who was and is willing and eager to work for free for one reason only: By representing the Anthonys he was guaranteed national media recognition. He's not going to drop them because that would abruptly end his claim to fame. What other motivation could he possibly have to represent--free of charge--two obnoxious, time-consuming people who aren't even charged with anything?

He was unimpressive throughout the A's depositions, and although I can't fault him for lying for his clients, his half-truths and mis-truths, and the symantic games he plays with us are pretty easily recognizable while he's still playing them.

As far as his GMA appearance goes, I think the conversation he had with the Anthonys beforehand went something like this, "Cindy, you and George let me be the bad guy during my interview. I'll go after Baez and I'll downplay your support of KC as a murderer by saying what I think about her case--not what you think. During your interview, you guys continue to work on your new, softer image of bewildered, grieving grandparents--and aspiring philanthropists! If you're asked about KC, you just shake your heads, look helpless, and say you just don't know."

I do think Cindy frequently has a difficult time going along with him, and I imagine she must bully him to death behind the scenes to get even with him. I wonder how much of his valuable time the A's take up in an average month.

Anyway, this is my perspective. :blowkiss:

I totally agree with every word you say. I was trying to say that he was a rat leaving a sinking ship. I think that he has clicked that he is jeopardizing his future through his association with the A's and is seeking to seperate himself from the reeking mess in which he is entangled.

He was so TOTALLY hopeless at the depo's it made me wonder if he was doing it deliberately lol. Maybe a bit of passive-agressive payback for some of the vile tantrums that CA has undoubtably his way.

I believe his intentions, from the very beginning, were ANYTHING but altruistic.

:)

Not that I am great at figuring out the A's behavior, but I would guess it means they are, once again, trying to gather public sympathy. They put on such a show and it's all obviously fake, IMO. The real Cindy and George were in the deposition and in LE interviews...this is not them. We have seen the real A's and it's not pretty.

Considering the relationship CA and the A's had with LE and TES-I don't see how she can give any advice or help to a family of a missing child! Even poor Haleigh's family, who I think are hinky to the max, didn't want anything to do with them!:mad:

It was a horrible decision for Cindy to go after RC on National TV.
Doesn't she realize that she made herself look 100X's worse as she was trying to chastise him?
To sit and actually Brag about doing good deeds, (if she even did any) was the epitome of a classless, and self absorbed egomaniac.
Those who do good anonymously are the true heroes.

Any discussion regarding Brad Conway on GMA belongs here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85377"]2009.06.16--Brad Conway on GMA - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

:clap::clap::clap: Could not have said it better!! They just don't get it, do they? Do you think they will ever get it through their heads that Caylee NEVER WAS a MISSING child! She was a MURDERED child!

It's just typical Anthonys, IMO. I used to be more sympathetic to them, but I've finally seen the light. My opinion: the truth doesn't matter to them; Caylee's personal experience isn't (and wasn't) top priority. She was missing from THEIR perspective, so that's all that counts. This "missing child" business just exemplifies the narcissistic family dysfunction that led to Caylee's death in the first place -- my opinion only.

I can't even bring myself to watch or listen to the Anthony's anymore.

If they're not defending their child killing daughter with another flagrant lie they're performing for the cameras in a self-serving attempt to garner sympathy from the public.

Every time they make one of these "Public Appearances" they're actively "aiding & abetting" a murderer & the thought that they may actually be profiting from their granddaughters death sickens me.

I never imagined that I could have such contempt for the grandparents of a murdered child, or for anyone for that matter, but somehow Cindy & George have managed to make those feelings come easy.

It would be different if they actually believed in Casey's innocence but we all know better than that.

Justice for Caylee..!!

Hope you don't mind but I wanted to add to your statement (my bold). In addition to defending a child killer and trying to garner public sympathy, they want free advertising for their ahemm.....foundation. I think we would all be shocked at how much money they're probably raking in through this organization. There are a lot of people who give donations without thoroughly checking out the organization. Little do they know that part of their donation could be used for Casey's defense. If I'm not mistaken, GA, CA, LA, and even Mallory hold high level positions in this sham. How else could two people who were in a financial crisis over a year ago live without working? The address for sending donations is straight to the Anthony home. Wow...sending donations to the very spot Caylee was probably murdered. Wonder how many cash donations are sent.

Their mission statement says the Caylee Marie Foundation will prevent child abduction.... Caylee was never abducted.

I wish the networks would stop giving them air time. If they continue to grant interviews, they should state up front they can't mention their bogus money making scam.

IMO

It was a horrible decision for Cindy to go after RC on National TV.
Doesn't she realize that she made herself look 100X's worse as she was trying to chastise him?
To sit and actually Brag about doing good deeds, (if she even did any) was the epitome of a classless, and self absorbed egomaniac.
Those who do good anonymously are the true heroes.

To be critical of RC on CBS was a huge mistake IMO!! It certainly shows a lack of compassion for a family going thru one of the worst things in life that befall a family! I'm sure there were people watching, who may have had no previous opinion of the A's, who probably thought how very mean and cruel that was!! She was defending herself and her help at the expense of a grieving father's feelings! She and George just really, really, really don't get it!! The rest of the world is screwed up and they're
just misunderstood:boohoo:!! Everytime they go on TV-it's second verse-same as the first! Great PR guys-keep up the good work!!:bang:

Not that I am great at figuring out the A's behavior, but I would guess it means they are, once again, trying to gather public sympathy. They put on such a show and it's all obviously fake, IMO. The real Cindy and George were in the deposition and in LE interviews...this is not them. We have seen the real A's and it's not pretty.

I agree with this. I also remember CA wielding her hammer, calling the media names, accusing them of spreading misinformation and telling them to get off their :behind: to look for Caylee.

Now she's front and center in front of the cameras for publicity for the foundation. :rolleyes:

GMAB

I agree with this. I also remember CA wielding her hammer, calling the media names, accusing them of spreading misinformation and telling them to get off their :behind: to look for Caylee.

Now she's front and center in front of the cameras for publicity for the foundation. :rolleyes:

GMAB

Ya know what gives me solace? Every day that woman wakes up she is reminded that she created a child killer. Every time she looks in the mirror she knows.. every time she looks at family photos she knows.. every single day for the rest of her life she knows her daughter is a murderer and that her enabling and co-dependency had a huge hand in what her daughter became.

Cindy chose to ignore the signs, symptoms and "red flags" for years because SHE could not face who/what her daughter really is. In enabling her daughter she had a hand in the progression of her daughters "illness". That is why she continues to lie and create a false reality, that is why she is angry, that is why she attacks others. So far those attacks have only been verbal but I can see it heading for much worse once the trial comes and more truths begin to see the light of day and she has to begin to "defend" herself all over again against new and factual information.

Cindy's got new jewelry, a slimmer body, new clothes and a face lift but she still has to live with what is inside of her... No amount of outword change will ever make that go away. She will keep trying though, it's all she's got left (she has no one left to take care of, no one left to control and manipulate, no one left who needs her. For the first time in years she can't hide her own issues by focusing on someone elses) that and her "victim" status.

I hope she decides to get help (and there is help for people like Cindy- they can get better if they really want to) before this whole thing blows up in her face.

Ya know what gives me solace? Every day that woman wakes up she she is reminded that she created a child killer. Every time she looks in the mirror she knows.. every time she looks at family photos she knows.. every single day for the rest of her life she knows her daughter is a murderer and that her enabling and co-dependency had a huge hand in what her daughter became.

Cindy chose to ignore the signs, symptoms and "red flags" for years because SHE could not face who/what her daughter really is. In enabling her daughter she had a hand in the progression of her daughters "illness". That is why she continues to lie and create a false reality, that is why she is angry, that is why she attacks others. So far those attacks have only been verbal but I can see it heading for much worse once the trial comes and more truths begin to see the light of day and she has to begin to "defend" herself all over again against new and factual information.

Cindy's got new jewelry, a slimmer body, new clothes and a face lift but she still has to live with what is inside of her... No amount of outword change will ever make that go away. She will keep trying though, it's all she's got left (she has no one left to take care of, no one left to control and manipulate, no one left who needs her. For the first time in years she can't hide her own issues by focusing on someone elses) that and her "victim" status.

I hope she decides to get help (and there is help for people like Cindy- they can get better if they really want to) before this whole thing blows up in her face.
:clap::clap::clap: And this couldn't have been said any better.

Bold mine.

Not unless the money raised was going towards helping young, single mothers with parenting classes or getting families therapy to help them deal with family on family violence.

ITA. I truly think that would be an honorable and worthy cause for them to champian. I'm not sure if it is too late for the rest of the world, (it is for me) but creating a truly helpful foundation that assists young mothers with childcare, mental health assistance, and so forth, would go a long way to healing them and their public persona. I really dislike their foundation as I am one who does not consider Caylee to have been missing. Just because the grandparents didn't know where she was did not make her missing at any point in time because we now know KC knew all along where she was...

To me, the most important element of any philanthropic organization is not the worthiness of the cause (they are myriad) but the intentions of the administrators.

The country is often wracked with scandals involving very worthwhile charities that, due to board negligence, mismanagement, poorly managed resources, lack of transparency or outright fraud, have wasted donations and misrepresented the actual work they do.

Of course we are all responsible for our own due diligence in determining organizations that deserve our support, but sometimes even that isn't enough.

However, I'd say the largest caveat in this instance is the fact that a) the Anthony family does not show any signs of managing money wisely EVER and b) despite their concomittant lack of experience in successfully administering their own organization of any kind, their apparent "mentors" in this endeavor, DM and SM are probably the poster people for how to run a sleazy, pushing-the-envelope of-outright-grift, sort of charitable effort.

Even if the Anthony family had good intentions (and I am one of those who think this is another ruse to fix what they know is a pretty irreparable image by "honoring" the memory of their murdered granddaughter) - these are the LAST PEOPLE ON THE PLANET anyone should trust with a dime of their own money. It would probably benefit humanity more if you just threw your hard-earned dollars right into the street.

Sorry if that sounds snarky, but even an "extreme makeover" needs to fall within the parameters of reason.

Bold mine.

Not unless the money raised was going towards helping young, single mothers with parenting classes or getting families therapy to help them deal with family on family violence.

If GA and CA were honest, truthful, people, and their foundation was strictly from the perspective of helping young mothers with parenting classes and appropriate therapy for family violence, they'd have a chance for a successful foundation. But as it is, a foundation for missing children, they're misrepresenting the facts on Caylee's death........not a good basis for starting a foundation.

What a perfect way to put that. It really bothered me as well and it was also yet another instance where CA cannot really control the defensive, angry self-justification that leaks through her words whenever she is challenged in any way. I'm sure her self-aggrandizing martyr role is something she has honed over the years when talking about her situation to coworkers, family (and perhaps her therapist) when describing herself as the sole bread-winner living with a lethargic, self-indulgent husband with little ambition and her equally self-absorbed, lazy and reluctant-mommy of a daughter.

The fact that their civilized veneer is so easily cracked or melted is certainly something that has made the public instinctively mistrust them and their motives from the beginning. I think they have consistently underestimated the public's ability to recognize a pig garishly smeared with lipstick.

We have here huge clues of where and how Casey developed into who she did. It is a cautionary tale about children learning what they live. The dots are pretty close together to connect.

If GA and CA were honest, truthful, people, and their foundation was strictly from the perspective of helping young mothers with parenting classes and appropriate therapy for family violence, they'd have a chance for a successful foundation. But as it is, a foundation for missing children, they're misrepresenting the facts on Caylee's death........not a good basis for starting a foundation.

I have thought that since the beginning, and unfortunately since Caylee's death we have seen other beautiful babies murdered at the hands of young mothers (Emma, et al). A foundation to help young, troubled mothers would lend much more credibility. ITA with you.

Ahhhhhh!!! I don't think this foundation will go very far. I figure the A's will be in prison for awhile. Well, guess LA/Mal/Mal's mother/BC/DC (maybe not DC---he may serve time to) could keep the foundation goin for the A's. I just wish Morgan would sue CA. I need action.

Bold mine.

The As should completely rewrite their mission statement and make this the goal of their foundation. I think people would be much more willing to give money to a cause that will help other children who may suffer the same fate as Caylee. Acknowledging what went wrong and doing something to change it would justify using Caylee's name for this foundation.

CA and GA, do the right thing. Own up to the truth and do something to correct the problem. Be the type of foundation that could have actually helped Caylee. She was never missing; she was a victim of her mother's/family's dysfunction.

ETA: On the other hand, even if they had a worthy foundation, could they be trusted with the money? (thanks Cecybeans)

Say there was a foundation started for the grieving family members where a family murdered another family member. How would the foundation make money? No tee shirts/bracelets/teddy bears, to sell. A foundation could help the grieving with media in their faces. (LMAO) Foot the bill of a few meals---could go thru a Church for that. (Ladies from Church always like to give of their time for meals) Guess a foundation could hang in the home and answer the phone for the family. Guess the foundation could invest in some hammers and baseball bats in case there are any protesters. Hey, I know---they could be a spokesperson and do the media thang---the A's are expert in that area. HMMMMMM---what else?

ITA. I truly think that would be an honorable and worthy cause for them to champian. I'm not sure if it is too late for the rest of the world, (it is for me) but creating a truly helpful foundation that assists young mothers with childcare, mental health assistance, and so forth, would go a long way to healing them and their public persona. I really dislike their foundation as I am one who does not consider Caylee to have been missing. Just because the grandparents didn't know where she was did not make her missing at any point in time because we now know KC knew all along where she was...

i would like to see an interviewer ask them what their foundation has accomplished, SO FAR.

WHOM have they helped so far?

What specifics have they accomplished, or plan to accomplish?

With what resources are they neworking?:

What resources are they coordinating?

I agree - I never considered Caylee missing to the Anthony family. They all knew Casey knew where she was...Casey just wouldn't tell them (or maybe she did). In any event, they seem to view themselves or at least want the public to view them as a victim like Klass or Walsh. They couldn't be more opposite.

CA's statement, "what have you done...."

GA's statement, "the answers are in that room (referring to Casey) and she's not talking" or something to that affect.

LA's coded jailhouse calls.

They are in an exclusive club (as George likes to call it). Parents who lie to protect a killer in the family.

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne
Back