2009.06.19 Autopsy Report Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, according to studies done at the body farm in TN and another case, they figure a toddler's body could completely skeletonize in a month or less in that climate and temperature.

Interesting to note that there seems to be solid evidence that the body was there all along and not moved there when KC was in jail.

I get a little upset thinking that if only she could have been found sooner she wouldn't have been scattered and chewed on (sorry yuck). And oh yeah, more evidence to go on.

The letters obviously were on a shirt that deteriorated and the synthetic letters remained in tact, some still attached together and some not.

Have we ever seen her in this shirt?

IMO it nails the coffin shut as far as the decomp rate. It stated less than a month and could be done in 2 weeks. The A's know that KC repeatly claimed 31 day's the one and only thing she never changed.

So. For me the saddest thing thus far is that the duct tape was clearly applied before decomposition

That clarifies a fact for me that I have always wondered about and struggled with. It still does not presume that the duct tape was the method of death, but it also leads me to believe that it was not an after-thought either.

This disturbs me more than I thought it would after the many months of speculating about it.

Yes, because it implies that the tape was NOT applied to prevent fluid leakage that had already begun because of decompostion. If the tape wasn't applied for that purpose, there were few other remaining purposes for that tape, and all of them are bad. I am writing in a stilted way about this because it is otherwise too gruesome to contemplate.

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, well, I get it.

The dispersal of the bones was during the early stages of decomposition.

Time for a break.

"No Known Medical History !?????

In a medical report that means no previously diagnosed or treated conditions. Or no medical abnormalities. ie no Cancer, no history of seizures, diabetes, previous injury etc. No required prescription medications, no known allergies etc.

In other words she was a normal healthy child.

Now if she had never seen a doctor or they did not have access to her medical charts it would indicate "No Medical records".

I don't think the several pieces of duct tape were put there to hold the mandible in place, that was just the result when skeletonized.

Several pieces is interesting isn't it? One would have to tear several pieces from another source. I hope they can match it to a roll of tape they've seized.

We will never know if the tape was put on before or after Caylee's death. Because there were several, my first hunch is that the body was beginning to decompose and KC needed to make sure the fluids didn't leak out - so several pieces (you know one more for good measure) were placed over the nose and mouth. Then she placed a sticker there so it wouldn't look so bad.

What does the bolded man please? TIA
taphonomy is the study of decaying organisms over time and how they become fossilized.

The remains were there from the time she went missing in June , also not put there later.

I never thought the placement of duct tape was to look like a kidnapping. Too planned for Casey. Or to seal the body - bodies leak from several openings after death. But at the same time, I never really thought about the alternative. Which is that, she placed duct tape over her mouth (and presumably nose) in several layers tight enough and/or far back enough to hold the two jaw pieces together. And what - watched her daughter suffocate? Good God.

Tape around her mandible and maxilla means it covered her jaw and cheeks. That would also mean it covered Caylees nose. I always assumed the tape was used to silence Caylee, not suffocate her. So that's a very sad revelation for me, but explains the state seeking the DP.
And the A's had the gall to go on LKL last month claiming the leaked media reports were all wrong, there was no tape on Caylees mouth. Of course not. Her mouth had decomposed.

Not to disagree, only to suggest an alternative. I haven't read it yet, but, based on reading this post I don't draw the same conclusion that "it covered Caylees nose".

Consider that tape could have covered the lower portion of the maxilla (e.g. upper lip) without covering the nose.

FWIW.

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...4&um=1&tbnid=dTggBKGStSVAiM:&tbnh=124&tbnw=99

The Duct tape was placed to keep the Mandible in place?
I have looked it up and I do have thoughts but I want to see what others more knowledgeable say about this.

I took it to mean that the duct tape placement kept the mandible in place, rather than the duct tape was placed specifically for that purpose. I could be wrong.

Tape around her mandible and maxilla means it covered her jaw and cheeks. That would also mean it covered Caylees nose. I always assumed the tape was used to silence Caylee, not suffocate her. So that's a very sad revelation for me, but explains the state seeking the DP.
And the A's had the gall to go on LKL last month claiming the leaked media reports were all wrong, there was no tape on Caylees mouth. Of course not. Her mouth had decomposed.

Thanks KaRN
Covered her jaw and cheeks...:eek: to keep her mouth/jaw shut? Suffocation?:furious:

I believe this is why the DP is back on the table. The duct tape was applied before death. IOW, caylee had an awfully cruel demise at the hands of her killer.

Clearly it isn't accidental. (drowning theory just flew out the window, as did overheating in a car)

Yes, because it implies that the tape was NOT applied to prevent fluid leakage that had already begun because of decompostion. If the tape wasn't applied for that purpose, there were few other remaining purposes for that tape, and all of them are bad. I am writing in a stilted way about this because it is otherwise too gruesome to contemplate.

I think they mean the type of decomposition that reduces the soft tissue.

I believe the report here infers that "prior to decomposition" means prior to the facial tissue decomposing so that only skeletal remains were left. The inference is made because the tape held the bones in place where no soft tissue was left to do so. ETA: The decomposition at the disposal scene - prior to that decomposition.

I am thinking this report does not mean that the tape could not have been applied several days after death and prior to major soft tissue decomp. of the facial area.

ETA: Many are jumping to conclusions here that this report says the tape was placed there while she was alive and this report does not infer or state that!

I have yet to read anyones replies here.. but after reading the autopsy report, I don't see what the big stink from the A's was about. These are things we already knew about, with the exception of more descript details regarding the duct tape.

They just love the drama for the sake of being dramatic. Go into hiding like your son, Lee. We don't want to see your loathesome faces anymore... atleast until your psycho *advertiser censored* daughter gets convicted for taking the innocent life of Caylee.

I have always thought the duct tape around the mouth wasn't a staged act. Now that we know there were multiple layers I'm more positive that it was not. One thing we know about KC is that she is lazy. If she were staging this she would have just ripped of a piece and stuck it on. She alone did this, and in the simplest form possible. I can't wait for trial.

The duct tape was applied before death

Does it state that somewhere? I agree with that - not arguing - I just dont remember reading that and I would like to!

From what i've read, decomposition starts almost immediately after death.

Can somebody please explain to me how the autopsy report could tarnish Caylee's memory as stated in one of the news artilcles today? Caylee was a sweet innocent child who did not deserve this and her memory could never be tarnished - she did not ask for this. The only memory tarnished is the one that is held for her killer/mother. Am I missing something?:waitasec:

I agree. I can only assume they meant that it will impact our memory of her similar to when you view a loved one after death and it is the last image burnt into your memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88