2009.06.19 Autopsy Report Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no forensics background, so maybe someone here that does could clarify the "before or after" death tape discussion by answering this question???

If the tape was placed to prevent "leakage" would there still be bodily fluids and DNA of those on the tape? Would the absence of that prove that the tape was placed before death.

Thanks in advance...:)

I hope we are going to see Dr. G's report on what she thinks happened.

the autopsy IS (moo) what Dr. G "thought" happened. She is a physician so she has to be objective.. never subjective. In medicine the only subjective data comes from the patient and all that can talk for Caylee now are her bones...

That is the part they didn't want to release.

Do not read it if you aren't prepared for graphic images in your head. :mad:

Page three of this part of the report, for me, is reason enough for the Death Penalty. This poor baby was ripped apart and eaten by animals all because her mother wanted to party. I hope GA and CA choke on this report.:furious:

*snipped*

Respectfully, I'm afraid I don't see how it "implies that the tape was NOT applied to prevent fluid leakage..."

Not saying there's stronger evidence that fluid leakage is the reason it was applied either. Just saying I don't see the same implication.

(1) Assume that fluid leakage does not begin before decomposition. (2) Assume that Casey/other perp was not aware that a corpse will leak fluid from the mouth after decomposition begins. (3) We are told that the tape was placed before decomposition began. (4) If that is the case, it logically follows that the tape was placed before fluid leakage began. (5) If we assume that Casey/other perp was not aware that the body would leak fluid from the mouth after decomposition began, the purpose in placing the tape over the mouth could not have been to prevent the leakage (which hadn't began and which s/he wasn't aware could occur).

Graphic warning.....

Since the announcement of the duct tape I thought she used it to suffocate her, not for staging or leakage. I do think it covered her nose as well, though I agree we cannot take that as fact at this point. But if you consider the width of the tape, the size of Caylee's face, and the multiple layers that effected the mandible and maxilla I think it is very unlikely that her nose was not covered. And not to be horribly graphic but I don't think covering the nose would be a requirement for suffocation. You would have to remain very calm to manage to breath through your nose while duct tape was wrapped around your head. Crying would close your airways, as would vomiting (which was my thought with the matted hair, but doesn't quite fit logistically unless the struggle was really horrible).

Thank you for being very clear about fact & opinion. :blowkiss:

Page 14 of the pdf autopsy files explain :A hair mat was noted on the base of the skull and grayish colored tape was noted covering the mouth and NASAL aperture areas.

Wow, according to studies done at the body farm in TN and another case, they figure a toddler's body could completely skeletonize in a month or less in that climate and temperature.

Interesting to note that there seems to be solid evidence that the body was there all along and not moved there when KC was in jail.

I get a little upset thinking that if only she could have been found sooner she wouldn't have been scattered and chewed on (sorry yuck). And oh yeah, more evidence to go on.

The letters obviously were on a shirt that deteriorated and the synthetic letters remained in tact, some still attached together and some not.

Have we ever seen her in this shirt?

BBM -
Ziggy -
I believe some of the photo experts here at WS found some pics of Caylee wearing that shirt. I am sorry I don't have the direct link but you might find it by doing a search for Caylee shirt. Sorry, there many others much more skilled at these things than I.

someone let me know if it makes any sense to break out each section o fthe report into separate threads. i cannot read it right now and am not sure how the report is configured.
If that would help the discussion at all let me know. Otherwise if it all all intermingled and overlapping I would guess one thread would be the most efficient.
thanks in advance

Oh, I also wanted to say the most interesting thing about this report is the fact that several pieces of duct tape were over her mouth. You've got to have no soul to be able to do that to anyone, let alone a small child.

How horrifying.. the thought of Caylees last moments. :furious:

I agree. I am very confused about when the tape was applied. Was she still alive? or was it after death, but before decomposing? or, do we not know? sorry, but i don't want to re-read that report right now.

All we know was it was before the soft tissue of the face disolved leaving only bone, because the tape held the bones together.

Could have been after death, during or before. Not enough evidence.

Of course the timeline of how long the body was there also proves yet again what a liar KC is. Don't forget she told LE that Caylee had called her the very day she was forced to report her missing.

JB standing up at the last minute whining about a tainted jury pool also proved that he is drowning in this case and does not even know it. Even Geroge and Cindy looked dismayed at his lack of skill.

2n9c84h.jpg

Jesus Christ Casey never took Caylee to the doctor????
WTF???

I never thought the placement of duct tape was to look like a kidnapping. Too planned for Casey. Or to seal the body - bodies leak from several openings after death. But at the same time, I never really thought about the alternative. Which is that, she placed duct tape over her mouth (and presumably nose) in several layers tight enough and/or far back enough to hold the two jaw pieces together. And what - watched her daughter suffocate? Good God.

I always thought that CA/KC had fight---K/C grabbed Caylee---split---Caylee was screaming/throwing a fit from all the fighting and leaving home---KC stopped the car---wrapped the tape around the baby's mouth and threw her in the trunk---drove around then later stopped to discover baby was dead.

Thank all of you who answered my post on No Medical. I was emotional. I do wonder if any of the neck vertebre were found besides the C2. When you place your hands in the position of said ducttape, You can see how tape could hold up C4, C5, C6 to the skull. Could Caylee's neck have been broken and then taped to not show trauma resulting in death? I'm on pain pills right now (oral surgery) so slap me if I'm off base. Just say,"Karen, it's the meds!"

on Page 3 of those 100 pages linked - it sayas the tape covered the mouth AND NASAL openings.:eek:

Jesus Christ Casey never took Caylee to the doctor????
WTF???

I think statement is way for Dr. G to rule out she died of medical reasons and then was dumped like trash. "NO KNOWN MEDICAL HISTORY" just means there was nothing medically wrong with her, that would lead to her death.

someone let me know if it makes any sense to break out each section o fthe report into separate threads. i cannot read it right now and am not sure how the report is configured.
If that would help the discussion at all let me know. Otherwise if it all all intermingled and overlapping I would guess one thread would be the most efficient.
thanks in advance

MO would be yes.

Break into main report, tox report, bone dispersal report, etc.

I'll start the threads and come back & link them

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85487"]Toxicology Report thread[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85488"]Skeletal Dispersal Thread[/ame]

Autopsy - Duct Tape Thread

Page 14 of the pdf autopsy files explain :A hair mat was noted on the base of the skull and grayish colored tape was noted covering the mouth and NASAL aperture areas.

I wonder if the matt of hair at the base of the skull indicated a blow. Perhaps the matt was caused by blood leakage or other fluids seeping into the hair. If the hair was sent for testing these results would not be included in this report.

Not to disagree, only to suggest an alternative. I haven't read it yet, but, based on reading this post I don't draw the same conclusion that "it covered Caylees nose".

Consider that tape could have covered the lower portion of the maxilla (e.g. upper lip) without covering the nose.

FWIW.

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...4&um=1&tbnid=dTggBKGStSVAiM:&tbnh=124&tbnw=99
I agree. The maxilla is fixed... the mandible is the moving portion of the jaw. If it were over the nose it would have stated that it covered the ethmoid bone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks