Discussion in 'Media Links/General Discussion/Rules and Stickies' started by Patty G, Jul 24, 2009.
No Discussions Here Please.
Lawyer for Casey Anthony's parents arrives at State Attorney's Office
The lawyer of Casey Anthony's parents arrived at State Attorney's office carrying documents.
Sentinel Staff Writer
State wants records of Casey Anthony's parents, private investigators
Bianca Prieto and Sarah Lundy
Sentinel Staff Writers
UPDATED: Hearing In Anthony Case Canceled
POSTED: Thursday, July 23, 2009
UPDATED: 12:46 pm EDT July 24, 2009
The hearing was scheduled after the state attorney subpoenaed Casey Anthony's parents, George and Cindy Anthony, but never received documents from them.
Leaving the courthouse today, the Anthonys' attorney, Bran Conway, said the issue had been resolved.
"Provided the state attorney's office with the documents that they subpoenaed," Conway said. "The normal routine, things happen. The state and I worked together to provide what they asked for and there are no problems, no issues."
Conway said the subpoena for the documents was issued a few weeks ago.
It is unclear if the documents the prosecution has requested are related to Padilla or another matter.
VIDEO: Lawyer Says Issue Resolved
VIDEO: Lawyer Promises Documents
Court Hearing In Anthony Case Canceled
Evidence Sought By Prosecutor Delivered
POSTED: 9:43 am EDT July 24, 2009
UPDATED: 10:16 am EDT July 24, 2009
Brad Conway, the attorney who represents the Anthony family, arrived at the courthouse around 9 a.m.
"I'm going to give the state attorney's office what they need. I expect the hearing to be canceled," Conway said.
"The state has requested certain documents stored in the Anthonys' computer and it's not going as quickly as the state wants. The Anthonys' computer has been down, and they have not been able to produce certain documents," Conway said.
Stay with WESH 2 News and WESH.com for further details.
NEW VIDEO~Uncut: Conway Arrives At Courthouse
NEW VIDEO~BRAD CONWAY: Before, After Meeting With Judge
VIDEO REPORT: George, Cindy Anthony Avoid Being Held In Contempt Of Court
Anthony hearing canceled
Updated: Friday, 24 Jul 2009, 1:17 PM EDT
Published : Thursday, 23 Jul 2009, 2:55 PM EDT<snipped>
The hearing was a Rule to Show Cause Hearing involving her parents George and Cindy Anthony. Their attorney, Brad Conway, arrived at the Orange County Courthouse Friday morning morning and turned over documents the state requested. "The hearings canceled. Everything is done. Everything is settled. Provided the state attorneys office with the documents that they subpoenaed," said Conway to reporters as he left the courthouse.
A short time later Judge Strickland’s office was notified by Conway and the state prosecutions office that the hearing was canceled.
Conway said he doesn't know when the next hearing in the case will be held.
NEW VIDEO INCLUDED IN ARTICLE!
There is no transcript for sidebar meeting.
Prosecutors Receive Evidence From Anthonys
Friday, July 24, 2009 10:10:10 AM
George and Cindy Anthony's attorney, Brad Conway, turned over evidence requested by the State Attorney's office Friday morning.
Prosecutors previously said the Anthonys had not turned over some evidence in the case against their daughter.
It is still unknown to the public what prosecutors were looking for.
Conway said the couple was not able to produce the information earlier.
NEW VIDEO REPORT: Anthonys Ordered To Bring Evidence
http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer...YSORDERED_072420090931&cat=CAC&title=Anthonys Ordered To Bring Evidence
Spokeswoman: No transcript of sidebar conference in Casey Anthony case
There's no transcript of "sidebar" conference from a Casey Anthony hearing on March 25, according to a spokeswoman.
12:28 PM EDT, July 24, 2009
Prosecutors assigned to the case against Casey Anthony said earlier this week they want a transcript of a "sidebar" conference from a hearing on March 25.
But a court official announced today that no such transcript exists.
A court reporter filed an affidavit Thursday saying the sidebar conference at the end of the hearing on March 25 was held off the record, according to a statement from a court spokeswoman to the media.
"Therefore, no transcript is available of that portion of the hearing,'' according to an email from Karen Connolly Levey.
She said transcripts of a separate, private meeting that day among Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland, Anthony's attorney and prosecutors was "on the record, but is sealed,'' she said in the message.
VIDEO: Anthonys' attorney, Brad Conway, turns over documents to State Attorney's Office 0:34
Casey Anthony: George, Cindy hand over documents that have 'no blockbuster information,' their attorney says
posted by halboedeker on Jul 24, 2009 4:40:32 PM
Conway wouldn't discuss the information this morning.
WFTV-Channel 9's Mark Boyle said, "Conway would not give any details about what was in the documents, so we won't find out what's in them until the prosecution makes it part of the public record." Anchor Martie Salt added that the prosecution isn't sure when it can make the documents public.
Central Florida News 13 explained that Conway turned over the papers hours before the Anthonys were scheduled to appear in court. "Conway said there was no delay in turning over the evidence. He said it was just standard procedure," anchor Jackie Brockington said.
he Anthonys are keeping a lower profile these days. Conway said his clients "are still struggling through it and they will for a long, long time."
Separate names with a comma.