2009.07.30 Deposition Lee Anthony

I'm only on page 50,but what sticks out at me about Lee's depo [and GA's] is how they continually answer questions with "no,I didn't ask if she was pregnant when I saw the bump,cuz it wasn't my business".Same answers about the stealing,the lying and the non-graduation. They are either lying or could care less about each other.
So why are they willing to risk jail terms to cover for this baby murderer?

Cindy used that tactic in answering her depo questions too. Infuriating. :furious:

Lee got all of Casey's passwords for email, etc BEFORE he went to Tony's and collected the laptop...

Now THAT's interesting to me. So did he create the BSOD in attempting to erase everything incriminating?

I'm only on page 22, but seriously, couldn't the court reporter have gotten permission to not type the words "you know" and "like"?

DD has a problem with the word "like" everyone in the family has permission to thump her if she uses it out of context (the habit is almost broken Thank God).

The family calls it 'borrowing a credit card without permission.'
Don't you love the language they use?

And..thinking more about my above post I am seeing here a family without boundaries. Seems George takes quarters, etc....wondering in what other ways they have no boundaries.

Lee got all of Casey's passwords for email, etc BEFORE he went to Tony's and collected the laptop...

Thanks for the highlights of LA's depo, I won't have time to read it for a while. Sounds like he might have "done" quite a bit to help Casey cover her *advertiser censored**?

And..thinking more about my above post I am seeing here a family without boundaries. Seems George takes quarters, etc....wondering in what other ways they have no boundaries.

You wrote exactly what I was thinking- "no boundaries." Yep - that old sense of entitlement. Such dysfunction.

Bold mine

It's all about appearances, Miss James, all about appearances. Can't have the Anthony family looking bad to the public, now can we. Geesh, what a disfunctional bunch!

I disagree - I think it's all planned. I think the plan is for their testimony and depositions and media interviews and anything any of them have said to all e so contradictory or obviously deceptive that NONE OF THEIR TESTIMONY CAN BE BELIEVED. i.e. - the testimony of the two people who smelled decomposition in the car and knew it was decomposition, before the car was cleaned.

Their original statements and 911 calls - given their medical/police experience - about the smell of decomp in the car is some of the strongest witness testimony that connects KC to the car to the smell of decomp in the trunk to the disappearance of Caylee.

The defense absolutely has to depict these two - GA and CA - or have these two do it themselves - as deceptive/crazy/unbelievable/lying, whatever - to get a potential jury NOT to believe a word that comes out of their mouth about anything.

Oh now it is all clear as mud! LA explained it for us!

LA - head of investigation

CA - in charge of media

GA - gets to hand out fliers.

(Um....CA in charge of media? Cuz she felt like she was making a difference?)

Why is everything laid out like a VIDEO GAME when it comes to LEE?

He forgot to add that:

LA - head of investigation (and destruction of computer/online data)

CA - in charge of media (and cleaning of car, removal of evidence)

GA - hand out fliers (and add confusion on duct tape, decomp smell, etc)

Idiocracy is one of my fav movies. Lee didn't coin that term sheesh. Good movie though it has luke wilson in it!

Instead of posting and posting and posting ~ I'm sorry I"m just going to compose one post about observations I make while reading this depo:

Pges 45-46

Lee speaks about when KC was caught with CCs that belonged to a parent in her wallet he says he would shut his door to his room, because he didn't want to be a part of it, that sounds to me as if there was quite a few heated discussions about this type of behavoir and it would get uncomfortable enough that he would close his door and try to block it out. Also a question? How would a parent find a CC that belonged to them in their child's wallet if they had not been going through the child's personal belongings...lord talk about boundry issues JMHO.

Pg 54 starting at line 10 to line 17

LA is retelling the story of when his mother called him on July 3rd to ask for his help in locating Casey. At the time she does not mention that Caylee is with KC, and that Caylee hasn't been home either. Which leads me to believe that Caylee was with her Grandparents more than is being reported by them, by herself without her Mother. KWIM?
LA goes on to explain this is exactly his assumption on page 56 onwards.

OT~just my thoughts on what I'm seeing in the family dynamics~just my opinion but the primary relationship in that family-the one in which everyone else's life revolved around-was the relationship of CA and KC. It didn't even include Caylee. Everyone else besides KC and CA were merely peripheral at best and at worst they were used as pawns in the relationship between the two. I have to agree with other posters here that early on said that the relationship between KC and CA was/is completely pathologically enmeshed with CA being the dominant personality of every relationship. JMHO. Maybe I should move this to another thread?

Page 89 starting at line 10:

LA expounds on how he came to have possession of the car that later belonged to KC.

He says that his parents surprised him with it, they made the initial down payment and then he made every payment afterwards until it was paid off, however the title remained in his parents name and was never in his name. This does vary from GA's Depo however, it's not of importance to Caylee. Oh and when KC purchased it from him, she made a few payments to him and then never another penny. Par for the course IMHO.

Page 92:

SA clarifies that LA did not still have a key to KC's car (which he had previously owned) and that he had not driven it since he (sold without getting money for it) to KC.

Page 94:
LA witnessed CA and KC coming home the night Caylee was reported missing. He sees them exit the car, he said their voices were "escalated" (translate: they were probably screaming at one another) and KC stormed into the house.

LA starts to describe the night that CA called 911. Given his description of that evening, even though it was emotionally charged ~ He describes fighting and shouting and seems to indicate that this is normal behavior for CA and KC. I think the Anthony's are fibbing when they say there was never any shouting or fighting prior to this night. JMHO.

Page 178 line # 12-14:

Here is something I have always wondered about (if this retelling is accurate) CA dumped the bags that LA brought back from TL apt that night. I read that CA had removed something from KC's wallet that was in one of those bags, LA says it was either CA's Penny's or Sear's Charge Card. Later on he does mention hearing his mother say her Sears charge card had been in KC's wallet.

Question: page 195 line # 22 Is LA stating he went to visit KC he did not go when his parents did, he went by himself if I am reading that correctly, I only remember one visit recording with LA, were there more? TIA.

page 199 line 24 and 25

LA states point blank that after speaking with KC on the phone she was more interested in getting TL's phone number than Caylee.

Bingo LA. Bingo.

NOTE: SA is intensely asking LA the same line of questioning that he asked GA about getting letters from KC while she was in jail. I think the SA might have a reason? They are definately going somewhere with this...wonder where?

Page 220 lines 7 through 9

LA indicates he never had heard of the name Zanny, but he was told by his Mother that she thought she had heard it plenty of times.

Wham...thump...thump....what was that sound? Oh that was just JG and TL being tossed under the bus ~ twice of course once by LA and once by GA...

Gosh an all those other people too :(

page 276
LA says the he and KC were able to have a converstation while she was out of jail without anyone else present. Tracy was not there she was outside of the house with another houseguest. Oh nevermind, that is when she told him the story of Zanny's sister and her kids kidnapping Caylee.

Page 283: lines 20 and 21
Still talking about the blanchard park scenario from my comment directly above, LA states he asked KC outright---is ZG really JG (you know like code name stuff I guess?) and KC responds to his question by laughing at him. saying Hah-no.

SA revisits again communication and written communications between LA and KC during her jail time page 296.

LA denies using A family computer for searches. pgs. 299-300

When LA was trying to talk to as many peeps as possible to try to find Caylee - his 1st question to KC's friends/acquaintances seemed largely to be 'what was her demeanor like?'

Why would he be wondering what her demeanor was like if he knew his sister would never do this - wouldn't he just know she was devastated?

Am I overthinking this, or maybe just slow? :waitasec:

You are neither. At every turn these people's actions and reactions are completely off-base. I can't imagine this question being even in the top ten things I need to know to find my niece right away. Unless my first instinct is to think my sister is lying, and I want to confirm my suspicions.

KC's throw away cell phone that she was given by LA was given to Baez in a box of things. Page 309 lines 11-13.

Sorry if this has been mentioned...
Something about perjury/immunity was mentioned to Cindy and George. Nothing was said to Lee. Did they expect Lee to be honest? Really??

Baez has the receipts that were in the bags that LA fetched from TL's house the night of the 911 call. Page 315 line 25, Page 316 lines 1,2,3,4,5.

Page 346 lines 7 -10

LA states under oath that KC told him the story about the dead squirrels under the hood. He says that she said she asked Tony to come out with her to the car, they popped the hood and saw the dead squirrels and removed them.

later on that page LA states that TL denied that happened.

I'm sorry that really gave me a headache. Reading all of that...I do recognize the picture they attached to both GA and LA Depo's as exhibit, I believe it's this one:

I pulled it off the internet. LA identifies the child in the picture as Caylee~ under oath.

Attachments

• caylee.png
    caylee.png
    74.4 KB · Views: 39
Baez has the receipts that were in the bags that LA fetched from TL's house the night of the 911 call. Page 315 line 25, Page 316 lines 1,2,3,4,5.

Page 346 lines 7 -10

LA states under oath that KC told him the story about the dead squirrels under the hood. He says that she said she asked Tony to come out with her to the car, they popped the hood and saw the dead squirrels and removed them.

later on that page LA states that TL denied that happened.

I'm sorry that really gave me a headache. Reading all of that...I do recognize the picture they attached to both GA and LA Depo's as exhibit, I believe it's this one:

I pulled it off the internet. LA identifies the child in the picture as Caylee~ under oath.

that shirt looks like the "Big Trouble...." shirt to me....but then I need new glasses

ETA: I looked at it again...It definitely looks like it would have Big Trouble....on it.

WTG, SA...LA admits that's little Caylee wearing that shirt in his depo.

Wasn't sure where to post this comment - it applies to both LA and CA, but there's no general thread to cover the recent depositions.

Anyway, I just can't seem to grasp the idea that even though this family thought their home might be bugged, etc., that CA/GA/LA did not once approach KC while she was home and just flat out ask her the tough questions nor were they tempted to scream, shout and demand answers. Nothing was said.

They try to make us believe that they were "searching" for Caylee, but there's not one shred of evidence that that happened - other than chasing after innocent young people who had the misfortune of knowing KC. Other than LE, Tim M. and the general public, there were no advocates for Caylee. I really can't think of anything more sad.

Wasn't sure where to post this comment - it applies to both LA and CA, but there's no general thread to cover the recent depositions.

Anyway, I just can't seem to grasp the idea that even though this family thought their home might be bugged, etc., that CA/GA/LA did not once approach KC while she was home and just flat out ask her the tough questions nor were they tempted to scream, shout and demand answers. Nothing was said.

They try to make us believe that they were "searching" for Caylee, but there's not one shred of evidence that that happened - other than chasing after innocent young people who had the misfortune of knowing KC. Other than LE, Tim M. and the general public, there were no advocates for Caylee. I really can't think of anything more sad.

That pretty much sums up their whole relationship over the years with KC- nothing must be done that upsets her.

That pretty much sums up their whole relationship over the years with KC- nothing must be done that upsets her.

Do you all think that their motive was to tiptoe around her because they wanted to pamper her, or do you all think they may have been afraid of or wanted to avoid her/her temper/her wrath if they upset her?

The copy of the myspace page that is attached as exhibit to LA's depo.

I looked it up and it's still active, however it is private and I won't put a link here.

Does anyone know exactly who this is?

She has a picture of her granddaughter on the front page (which can be accessed even though it's private) and she also has pictures of Caylee (not unusual, it's the usual pictures showing support for Caylee) and the two look very close in appearance, given the pictures posted.

Was this the woman that was identified as having been on the plane (remember the tip a long time ago-about someone calling in and saying that they had seen a child that identified herself has Caylee Marie Anthony or Caylee...IIRC...and a manifest was pulled of that flight) or was this the woman that reported the tip?

Thank you in advance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back