2009.08.10 Dateline

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO----

I thought the tears and the last statement he (Tice) made were probably real ones and a "from the gut" true statement. He is truly sorry and he knows he is "screwed" any way he turns...... too late.:boohoo:

That's a very good question. I hope he forgot to mention that small fact (sarcasm intended).

He volunteered to Dateline the fact that on the day of the murders, he had multiple contacts with G/Jr, including a phone call just prior to or during the invasion--surely, this wasn't the initial revelation of it. When LE questioned him immediately following the murders, and he is indeed connected, he had to know his goose was close to being cooked. Perhaps it was a stratagem that occurred to him when G/Jr's arrest was announced. Maybe he was foolish or desperate enough to hope LE would dismiss this as an innocent coincidence if he mentioned it first. He seems to have confidently assessed the American public gullible enough not to fall out of their chairs at the mention of this staggering (IMO) piece of info. Good thing for him I'm not going to be a jury member for this trial; it would take some creative defense work to convince me he's not guilty of sumpin.

I know I haven't been on this forum much lately, but did we know about this? Didn't LE make a statement that LPG Sr did pressure washing for the Billings? Was it LPG Sr. at that window snooping? I apologize if this was already discussed.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32364584/ns/dateline_nbc-crime_reports/page/3/

(snip)
Whatever privacy this family had, though, was about to be shattered. Strangely, just the day before the murders, someone entered the billings property without permission. In the afternoon, an eyewitness has told Dateline, there was an un-invited visitor at the Billings'. He was peering in a window. Bud saw him then from across the property; ran over and accosted him. The witness said the visitor asked if Bud wanted the house pressure-washed. Bud said no. The man left.

I know I haven't been on this forum much lately, but did we know about this? Didn't LE make a statement that LPG Sr did pressure washing for the Billings? Was it LPG Sr. at that window snooping? I apologize if this was already discussed.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32364584/ns/dateline_nbc-crime_reports/page/3/

(snip)
Whatever privacy this family had, though, was about to be shattered. Strangely, just the day before the murders, someone entered the billings property without permission. In the afternoon, an eyewitness has told Dateline, there was an un-invited visitor at the Billings'. He was peering in a window. Bud saw him then from across the property; ran over and accosted him. The witness said the visitor asked if Bud wanted the house pressure-washed. Bud said no. The man left.
Yes, the pressure washing has been mentioned previously on WS. Can't recall if it was G/Sr's or Coldiron's biz, or both? KM of Dateline ponders on pg 4 of link above if G/Sr might have been the window snooper. This is the first I've heard of the window snooper though, and I don't think his identity has been revealed to the public, though he might have been identified to LE, if he was one of the perps. I'm curious to know if BB recognized him and mentioned it to the witness.

1st I've heard of Mr. & Mrs. Billings being dragged from the LR to the BR, too.

Yes, the pressure washing has been mentioned previously on WS. Can't recall if it was G/Sr's or Coldiron's biz, or both? KM of Dateline ponders on pg 4 of link above if G/Sr might have been the window snooper. This is the first I've heard of the window snooper though, and I don't think his identity has been revealed to the public, though he might have been identified to LE, if he was one of the perps. I'm curious to know if BB recognized him and mentioned it to the witness.

1st I've heard of Mr. & Mrs. Billings being dragged from the LR to the BR, too.

Could be Coldiron, could be Gonzalez Sr. According to Morgan, both had worked at Billings residence before...and according to this article, both worked in the business:

"Day laborer Wayne Coldiron, 41, is charged with murder. He sometimes worked for a pressure washing business owned by the elder Gonzalez."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iTAOQx619OXpq7P0Jcpzqc9Zg-cwD99EUT7O0

I would not put alot of credibility in it. I can not imagine someone asking "Would you like your house pressure washed?" They would say something like, "I see a stain on your house (or driveway), I have amazing pressure washing equipment that would clean that right away...would you be interested?"....Whoever told Dateline about it was probably not there to witness it and probably heard it 2nd, 3rd or 4th hand....so, what really happened we will probably never know.

Could be Coldiron, could be Gonzalez Sr. According to Morgan, both had worked at Billings residence before...and according to this article, both worked in the business:

"Day laborer Wayne Coldiron, 41, is charged with murder. He sometimes worked for a pressure washing business owned by the elder Gonzalez."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iTAOQx619OXpq7P0Jcpzqc9Zg-cwD99EUT7O0

I would not put alot of credibility in it. I can not imagine someone asking "Would you like your house pressure washed?" They would say something like, "I see a stain on your house (or driveway), I have amazing pressure washing equipment that would clean that right away...would you be interested?"....Whoever told Dateline about it was probably not there to witness it and probably heard it 2nd, 3rd or 4th hand....so, what really happened we will probably never know.

Could be that the crew sent him up there and told him if somebody comes up to use that line. Also could be that whoever it was hadn't been trained in the fine art of salesmanship.

Just a tip. If someone does approach your home trying to see if you need work done and you don't feel threatened, play along. Ask some questions about what they do. If they get nervous or can't expand on their service, call the Law.
Or, just go ahead and beat the hell out of em. ;)

I agree that the show didn't really "reveal" anything that hasn't been discussed (or at least speculated upon) here at WS. But I do understand that the show was for the rest of the country who didn't know half this stuff. I guess some of us (like me) had our hopes up that we'd hear about some bombshell discovery or new info that would help ...well, us. ;)

However, I did like how the show kept an even balance - they did a good job balancing the 'facts' of the case, the shady dealings, etc. but without losing the unfathomable impact it's had on the Billing's family, particularly Ashley. So for that, I'm glad I watched it.

I was glad to see the interview with Tice - I'm not sure what to make of him. His tears 'appeared' real, but I felt that he cried hardest for impact this has on HIS FAMILY than the Billings. Sure, that may be true, but come on... He brought this on himself. You reap what you sow and look who his "buddies" were, look who he surrounded himself with.... calling LP Jr. at 7:15 p.m. on the night of the murders? He calls it a total coincidence. Sure, maybe he didn't like Bud Billings, but spare us your tears for YOURSELF, TICE. If he's truly "'innocent" like he claims - those tears should be flowing for the Billings family. He's no innocent bystander.... not by any means. Those tears meant nothing to me. I found them selfish. And to me, makes him look even more suspicious than ever. Guilt driven tears perhaps??

Anyway, it was a nicely packaged recap and put everything in a comprehensive chronological order. It was a good show for anyone who needed to be 'brought up to date' on the whole thing.

with.... calling LP Jr. at 7:15 p.m. on the night of the murders? He calls it a total coincidence.

Curious as to whether or not there were OTHER CALLS to LPG JR made from his cell phone.

You know the police have pulled his cell records already...

Why aren't people smart enough to buy a $14.99 "disposable" pay-as-you-go Cell Phone?

Gee Whiz...

Im sorry but I just have to say she may have met with them but she was not representing WS in any way unless she had Tricias express permission. This is not the first time we have been on prime time television(didn't see any mention in the transcripts so I guess they showed a screenshot of the site?), and I am positive it will not be the last time either. The topic of the thread is Dateline not that a banned poster "promoted" websleuths and should be unbanned.....

With all due respect.

There are SEVERAL producers who handle stories for these shows. I have first hand PROOF Supersleuth met and discussed this website with KM - who acted/said he had no clue or knowledge of it - All I am saying is I KNOW for a fact she promoted this site.

Ask Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Oprah and other people who are the hosts of different shows if they know where all the ideas, facts, and information come from?

If you NEED proof - please PM me - Mods only. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici